Apple computer bonanza!

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Apple computer bonanza!

Post by Gunstar » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:26 am

I was doing some work for a customer this past week, and one of the many projects was cleaning out his garage. It was overflowing with stuff, no room to walk, let alone get a car in there! Anyway, the guy used to be a computer salesman and fanatic. Well, long story short, he gave me a bunch of old Apple computer stuff, including a complete Apple IIc system, an Apple powerduo 280 portable Mac, with everything, a Power Macintosh G4 tower, and an original Macintosh (upgraded to Mac Plus) which turns out is a VERY early model; number 799 out of the first 1000 ever made, the guy actually went to the factory and bought it before they were even sold to the public! He say's that one is special, and back in the day when he called to order parts to upgrade it to a Mac+, they didn't even have the serial number on record at Apple, in the normal database anyway, and after talking to several people at Apple, insisting the serial number was right, they said they'ed get back to him and a guy finally called several days later telling him that it was an ultra-rare first-run model and was actually 799 out of the first 1000 produced. He tells me it's worth a lot, but I'll have to look into it further. In any case, it's quite a haul of cool Apple computers and at least the IIc I'll be keeping to sit next to my Atari 1200XL 8-bit. I'll keep the G4 too, but will sell off the powerduo and if the original Mac is actually worth something more than the average, I'll sell it, otherwise I may just keep it too. :mrgreen:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Apple computer bonanza!

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Gunstar wrote:the guy actually went to the factory and bought it before they were even sold to the public!
Cool! If I had a love for Apple I'd be drooling. You'll have to set up a room full of Apple computers now.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"