Kinetic assault. Kaboom on crack?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Kinetic assault. Kaboom on crack?

Post by a31chris » Mon May 12, 2014 5:46 am

I found? this little gem. Its free and available for PC. Android blah blah blah. All I care about is PC.

http://barrettgames.geekytechguy.net/in ... 4&topic=44

I'm a little addicted to it. It's kinda maddening.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Kinetic assault. Kaboom on crack?

Post by a31chris » Mon May 12, 2014 7:07 am

The backgrounds need sprucing up. A starfield of some sort most definitely. I think the rolling Earth could also use some sprucing. For a PC it should at least look as good as the Earth in Tursi's small demo game.
Martian Attack.jpg
Martian Attack.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 15574 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6VZ7TZ-5I

That rolling Earth is so beautiful to watch in that demo IMO I would expect no less from a PC game with an Earth in it.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon May 12, 2014 7:31 am

Wow whoops! A couple misunderstandings I had. I thought I had to not let these meteors pass by or it would hurt. The only way I realize it hurts is by not refueling my ships energy.
And I've actually been grabbing the Kinetic absorption bombs intentionally thinking that's an ok thing to do lol.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon May 12, 2014 10:24 pm

This game is a little more addictive now that I know how to play it better.
Kinetic Assault.jpg
Kinetic Assault.jpg (94.07 KiB) Viewed 15565 times

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Tue May 13, 2014 7:55 pm

I've just tried this game its fun but I suck at or I need a new mouse one or the two. :P

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue May 13, 2014 9:52 pm

heh i downloaded the game, then watched the video then deleted the zip file
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue May 13, 2014 9:52 pm

I'll be trying the Ouya version momentarily. Downloading now. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Lemmi wrote:heh i downloaded the game, then watched the video then deleted the zip file
I guess that's an old version of the game. It gets kind of addictive. You start developing strategiies on how to smash the rocks together. Should I let them sit at the bottom or wack them like baseballs into the oncoming rush of other asteroids. Its quick and IMO kinda addictive.

I dunno. Maybe at least give it a try. It's free.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue May 13, 2014 10:27 pm

The game play is simple. Deflect the asteroids with the red and blue cores to keep your energy up. Blue are worth more energy points than red. Smash them together to get points but not energy. Except for smashing blue ones causes them to rain debris which you can collect to give you even more energy. AVOID EVERYTHING ELSE. It either drains your energy or destroys you immediately.

The art direction needs to evolve a little. Need something in the background. Stars, comets. Something. The Earth in the background needs sprucing up.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue May 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Almost 8k this time. 2nd highest. Perhaps from time to time there should be an asteroids style UFO that flies by firing random shots that destroy anything they hit. Asteroids, energy drainers, players ship etc. Hitting it first with a deflected asteroid worth big points. Perhaps hitting it with a blue asteroid causes BIG energy boosts to fall.

Am just gonna leave this here...
Kinetic assault.jpg
Kinetic assault.jpg (94.4 KiB) Viewed 15550 times