Guess what I have two of...

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Guess what I have two of...

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri May 30, 2014 3:34 am

We got two of them as kids so my mother tucked one away in the closet and let us play with the other. The one on top is the one we played with. The one on the bottom was never played with, everything in tact and even the parts are on their plastic trees in their bags. My mother pulled it out for me when I visited on Memorial Day.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: Guess what I have two of...

Post by Austin » Fri May 30, 2014 11:03 pm

You should send me that Dreamcast box in the background. ;)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat May 31, 2014 1:40 am

Really? That's your response? Oh wait look who I'm talking to, of course that's what you would say... the man who owns every DC game released in the US.

Austin

Post by Austin » Sat May 31, 2014 2:06 am

3DO Experience wrote:Really? That's your response? Oh wait look who I'm talking to, of course that's what you would say... the man who owns every DC game released in the US.
Hey, hey.. I'm still missing one. I'm not quite there yet.. :wink:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat May 31, 2014 5:15 am

I thought you finally finished! What game are you missing?

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 am

Wait, the Pepsi Prime is in the regular box and the regular Prime is in the Pepsi box? ...and I have the more recent Pepsi Prime from a few years ago. You can store a 20oz bottle on the trailer, lol. Yours should be worth a lot more than mine though, I'd think. Now if only I still had Reflector and whatever else came with him that I sent away for back in like 85 or so...

Interesting tidbit... After receiving Reflector, on my next birthday Hasbro sent me a May birthday My Little Pony...

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sat May 31, 2014 1:21 pm

Austin wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:Really? That's your response? Oh wait look who I'm talking to, of course that's what you would say... the man who owns every DC game released in the US.
Hey, hey.. I'm still missing one. I'm not quite there yet.. :wink:
Really? Every one?? Hahahaha... Wtf dude?

Mind you, I suppose the DC is actually one of the better consoles to go 'all out' for. It has one of the best good-shit game ratios I can think of, with very little being crap.

As always, helps if you enjoy US sports though (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB etc).

Still need to pickup 4x4Evo, Demolition Racer and Test Drive 6 to add to my PAL collection at some point. Only US title I own at present is Alien Front. I had to have that :mrgreen:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat May 31, 2014 3:43 pm

Hound wrote:Wait, the Pepsi Prime is in the regular box and the regular Prime is in the Pepsi box? ...and I have the more recent Pepsi Prime from a few years ago. You can store a 20oz bottle on the trailer, lol. Yours should be worth a lot more than mine though, I'd think. Now if only I still had Reflector and whatever else came with him that I sent away for back in like 85 or so...

Interesting tidbit... After receiving Reflector, on my next birthday Hasbro sent me a May birthday My Little Pony...
No they are both Pepsi Primes. The one on the bottom never had the sticker put on. See how there is a white spot on the upper box where the fold out stickers were? These were very limited editions that you had to win. I was lucky and there was a Pepsi bottling facility right outside of town and my family got two for x-mas. (Paid to be poor-ish family for once)

Austin

Post by Austin » Sat May 31, 2014 5:59 pm

3DO Experience wrote:I thought you finally finished! What game are you missing?
Project Justice.

Stupid, stupid game.. going up in price.

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Really? Every one?? Hahahaha... Wtf dude?
Haha, yeah. Just the US releases (with of course a few select Euro and JPN favorites).

I've wanted to get a complete set of something for a long time. Tried with the Saturn when I was younger (when it was cheap), Jag back in 2011 (it was hard to justify coughing up the dough for some of those games), NES (had half the library, then everything skyrocketed to being retarded from 2011 to 2012), then settled on the Dreamcast a couple of years back since it made the most sense (from both a nostalgia and monetary perspective). Finally wrapped it up (minus the one game) a couple of months ago.
NeoGeoNinja wrote:Mind you, I suppose the DC is actually one of the better consoles to go 'all out' for. It has one of the best good-shit game ratios I can think of, with very little being crap.
Yeah, that was one of the big reasons for doing it. Even a lot of the terrible games are still mildly enjoyable in their own weird way, and it has a lot of good/decent games that are worth checking out, not to mention the loads upon loads of great arcade conversions. When I started it was also cheap to collect for in comparison to other platforms. Sports games were like, two bucks a piece (if that), common titles like Crazy Taxi were $5 or less, etc. Prices have gone up a good bit (some games like Project Justice have doubled) and some games have really dried up, but for the most part it's still pretty manageable to collect for compared to other popular systems at the moment (NES, SNES, etc).
NeoGeoNinja wrote:As always, helps if you enjoy US sports though (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB etc).
I have a sort of nostalgia for some of those sports games. For instance, NFL 2K was pretty much the first sports game that made me go, "WOW." Like, picking jaw off the floor kind of "wow". Never before or since have I felt that, and you can really see how the system (and some of these sports games) were ahead of their time. On the flipside though, while I don't actually play standard/simulation sports games, I love arcade style sports games (NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, etc), and the Dreamcast has a bunch of those (Ready 2 Rumble, two Blitz games, Virtua Tennis, a few late Midway NBA Jam knock-offs, etc).

Oh, and: