Shuttle is Mine!

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

FZ-10
3DO ZERO USER

Shuttle is Mine!

Post by FZ-10 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:38 am

Just picked up a PC Engine Shuttle! I love these little systems. I'm not a huge fan of the PC Engine CD attatchements/duos/games as much as I am of the original Hucard games. Plus those systems are just so finiky and break SO easily, it's honestly not worth it. They'll run CD-Rs technically, but they burn out the laser shockingly fast, making you dish out over 150 bucks for the best of the CD's offers.

So the Shuttle I felt was the perfect system for my needs. It's unique, has AV out, has a nice Hucard cover, and unlike the Turbografx has the mini controller port instead of the full size one, so I can use a 6 button controller for Street Fighter II without needing a converter.

I also picked up a new, in box, memory expansion for the back of the Shuttle. Can't believe I found both to be honest. Got them both for well less than I know many collectors have.

I'll post pictures once it arrives. I have a list of games I can't wait to buy. :D
podcast & vidcast @ gaikokugamers.com
daytonausa @ atariage.com
lostworldarcade @ xbl

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Shuttle is Mine!

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sat May 31, 2014 1:11 pm

Good stuff! Never bothered to get into the PCE, but when I have given it consideration, I too, have only ever wanted to get into HuCards only. Not too bothered about the CD stuff - starting out.

Enjoy...

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat May 31, 2014 6:24 pm

Damn, for the price these cost you probably could have got a Super Grafx. You'd get all the same perks, along with Ghouls 'n Ghosts. :lol:

I'd recommend a Turbo Everdrive to tinker around with the library and figure out what you want. PCengine.co.uk is a great resource as well to discover new games.

There are a ton of great CD titles out there though.. Shame you are limited to not being able to use an attachment.

FZ-10
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FZ-10 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:18 am

Austin wrote:Damn, for the price these cost you probably could have got a Super Grafx. You'd get all the same perks, along with Ghouls 'n Ghosts. :lol:

I'd recommend a Turbo Everdrive to tinker around with the library and figure out what you want. PCengine.co.uk is a great resource as well to discover new games.

There are a ton of great CD titles out there though.. Shame you are limited to not being able to use an attachment.
Nah, not a shame :). I have a feeling I'm going to love this system. I plan on getting a Core II and a matching CD2 system later on. But for now I'm going to sink my teeth into all the hucard titles :).

Yeah, I could have gotten a Super Grafx. I was looking at one that would have been about 100 more than what I paid for the Shuttle (I got it for REAL cheap), but I'll be honest, the couple Super Grafx games don't interest me, the CD attachment doesn't match at all and looks awkward and bulky (like the Turbografx 16's) on the back, and the console is ugly. Looks like it came off the Alien movie set. haha

I donno what it is about the Shuttle. I just 'needed' it :). I think with a Core II/CD2 plus that it'll be a fine collection :)

I'm also leaning towards getting a PC Engine GT portable. Those are SO nice looking! The screens look gorgeous.
lostworldarcade @ xbl

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 am

FZ-10 wrote:I donno what it is about the Shuttle. I just 'needed' it :). I think with a Core II/CD2 plus that it'll be a fine collection :)
Sheesh man, you must be rolling in the 'dough right now. Going by your posts at AtariAge, that's the XBOX One, 3DO (FZ-10), and the PC Engine Shuttle all in the last month. Oh yeah, and an arcade machine to boot. :lol:

FZ-10
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FZ-10 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:37 am

Austin wrote:
FZ-10 wrote:I donno what it is about the Shuttle. I just 'needed' it :). I think with a Core II/CD2 plus that it'll be a fine collection :)
Sheesh man, you must be rolling in the 'dough right now. Going by your posts at AtariAge, that's the XBOX One, 3DO (FZ-10), and the PC Engine Shuttle all in the last month. Oh yeah, and an arcade machine to boot. :lol:

Hey hey, to be fair I traded my PS4 for the Xbox One. So that was literally free. And I sell stuff all the time to buy my systems :). I actually don't spend any money on my collection. It's all recycled :). Oh, and you missed an unposted mint condition Master System :P.

ANYwho, I just wanted to post an unboxing of the Shuttle's brand new memory unit. Enjoy!:

lostworldarcade @ xbl