Zelda's Adventure

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Zelda's Adventure

Post by Martin III » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:12 pm

I was doing research on this game for Wikipedia and ran into an unexpected problem: I can't seem to find any evidence that it was ever released in North America. I haven't been able to find any coverage of the game in the major North American gaming magazines of the time (Electronic Gaming Monthly, GamePro, etc.), whether previews, news, interviews, or reviews. Looking on Ebay (the US Ebay, at that), the only listings I can find for Zelda's Adventure are the PAL version. Sites like GameFAQs likewise only have images of the PAL box art.

Was Zelda's Adventure a Europe-only release? If not, what year did the game come out in North America?

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: Zelda's Adventure

Post by Austin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:55 am

I have no proof either, I just always assumed it did. Might want to post this over on the CD-i forum. They don't get a lot of posts but people are still lurking, they'll probably help you out with this info.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Not a bad idea, but the admins at the CD-i forum don't seem to be accepting new members at the moment...

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:45 am

Martin III wrote:Not a bad idea, but the admins at the CD-i forum don't seem to be accepting new members at the moment...
I'm in limbo too. Can someone who's registered over there get one of the admin to approve Martin's account and mine? I thought Bas might help but he didn't reply to my note on his website.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:50 pm

The mystery deepens... I noticed on the Wikipedia article, Zelda's Adventure is listed not only as a PAL-only release, but a Netherlands-only release! No source for this claim is provided, and though I tried asking the editor who added it for more information, it's been over two months and still no response. The most natural conclusion is that the editor was just BSing, but given how much trouble I'm having finding evidence of a North American version, the notion that Zelda's Adventure came out only in the Netherlands seems disturbingly plausible.

Maybe I should try asking on a Zelda fan forum. Anyone know of a good one?