Gaming stuff you have bought recently.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Gaming stuff you have bought recently.

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Today, while in Blockbuster video, I purchased:

V-Rally and Die Hard Trilogy which, as I recall, was awesome.

Both for £0.99, which was a bargain.

And what have you bought?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:18 am

I just recently moved, so w/my consoles still in boxes I've been mainly buying portable stuff.

Picked up Alien Syndrome & Platypus, both for PSP. Grabbed a couple umd movies also for real cheap.

Somehow I think that my DS must have jumped in a box w/my other consoles cuz I can't find it yet.

Last console games I bought were for Sega cd ...

Hook (awesome soundtrack)
Double Switch (awesome ... um .... yeah .... hmmm .... Blondie!)
Stellar Fire (awesome because it is not Draxon's Revenge)

Got atleast 1 3DO trade in the works too (hopefully more)

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:27 am

i just paid for a new fz1 , woo hoo i'm back in business . should be here in a few days .

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:43 am

Congrats Beef!

I bought a plethora of crap from GoGamer's previous 48 hour madness sale.

I also ordered a USB flightstick and the PC game Starlancer. I really liked the Dreamcast port but then I read about the PC version of the game and you can walk around the carrier and talk to crewmates. They cut that out for some sort of reason. I just couldn't play the game anymore knowing it's not complete.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:40 am

Don't expect Starlancer to be a secret WCIV. It lacks the urgency of WC. And believe it or not, I thought the characters in WC were a lot better.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:12 am

Yea I know. I played it about a year ago and was halfway through until I got stuck on a mission. I thought it was pretty good.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:17 pm

I liked it too. Forgot to add that. :) Just I felt a bit empty when I realised it wasn't Wing Commander.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:07 pm

Picked up an 2 N64 consoles, 4 controllers, 2 memory packs, 2 rumble packs and 25 games for around $80. I only need a couple of FPS games, Zelda Majoras Mask, Banjo Kazooie (have Tootie) and I'll have a pretty complete 64 setup!

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Outcast / PC for 1 EUR
some 3DO stuff I'll mention soon - for US$ 225
Lack Of Love / DC - 40 EUR

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:32 am

I have a VCD unit for the FZ1 winging it's way to me. I also have that other Paper, Scissors, stone games, and a legal copy of Twinkle Knights.

I also have Colony Wars - Red Sun for the PSX, and Lost World Jurassic Park.

I had Lost World for the PSX years and years ago when it came out, and then it vanished (probably traded) and last year I picked it up again for the Saturn and ended up playing like an obsessive.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:34 pm

If I remember right, Lost World PSX has some extras that the Sat version does not ...

I've got 4 or 5 3DO imports coming my way within the next couple of weeks. Still a ways to go, but my import library is building. Now to write some more reviews ...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:16 pm

What did you get?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Belzerion, the 1st Wacky Races, Winning Post, a board game collection that I forgot the title to, and one other that slips my mind.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Game no tatsujin

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:26 am

Krazy Ivan for the Saturn,

Outlaw golf2 for ps2

Burnout 3 for PS2

Not that i actually bought it,,, But i did get a dead sega cd 2, I gutted it and put a Fat ps2 inside it and a chipped psone on the part that the genesis is meant to sit. Shared the Av out but the psu and controller ports are seperate. Looks a bit frankenstein, but once i find the dremel? I guess it will be my version of the ps3

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:14 am

I'd like to see a pic of it.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:42 am

Tomb Raider and Robotica for the Saturn.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:47 am

I own them both. TR is very respectable on the Saturn, and Robotica has some nice music!

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:33 am

Got 32x Virtual racing, It's actually pretty good

Totally agree, the saturns TR is excellent. As is res evil if you can find it.

Trev, pix will come once it looks ok. Have you ever taken apart a fat ps2? It's amazingly easy to do. The only reason it's fat is due to the huge psu that can be moved with basic soldering skills. So,, basically to make it fit was pretty easy. The hard bit is the laser unit without the tray, i got around this buy fooling the machine that it's opening and closing when it's not. This all started as i wanted easy access to the laser pot's as it stopped reading cd's. Was originally a silver model, pix to come

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:29 am

nocturne wrote:Got 32x Virtual racing, It's actually pretty good

Totally agree, the saturns TR is excellent. As is res evil if you can find it.

Trev, pix will come once it looks ok. Have you ever taken apart a fat ps2? It's amazingly easy to do. The only reason it's fat is due to the huge psu that can be moved with basic soldering skills. So,, basically to make it fit was pretty easy. The hard bit is the laser unit without the tray, i got around this buy fooling the machine that it's opening and closing when it's not. This all started as i wanted easy access to the laser pot's as it stopped reading cd's. Was originally a silver model, pix to come
Not a huge fan of playing Virtua Racing, it never sunk in with me, but I do know the 32x version is meant to be the best version out there. I'd love to see it running. Virtua Racing is the best looking game ever in attract mode. Bold Polygon games are easily more beautiful better than the new fangled textured mapped stuff. :) I have the Saturn vesion of VRacing, I often wondered if it's so much more different.

I also always fancied playing Starwars Trilogy on the 32x.

I've never taken a screw driver to my PS2. Well, appart from removing the NIC and HD from the back.

The lens is coming from China, so I guess it will be a while.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:07 pm

So my ~£1.99 collection of PS1 games ordered from amazon (so much cheaper than eBay) is now a more games than I can sensibly play.

1. Streetfighter Ex 2 Plus
2. Streetfighter Ex plux Alpha.
These are good. The screen shots on the web make it look murkey and horrible, but it really isn't. It's really rather fun.

3. Heart of Darkness.
Follow-up to Another World and Flashback...

4. Re-loaded
Crap

5. SimCity 2000
Alright.

Still waiting for:

6. Carnage Heart. (Looks promising)
7. Tobal #1. (hopeful)
8. Psychic Force. (Not hopeful)

Also got:

9. X-Files game
10. Die hard trilogy. (I remember this being good... weird)
11. Jurassic Park.

:D :D :D

11 rubbishy old games - I'm as happy as pig in muck! (Grid was getting boring anyway!)

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:20 pm

For those of you in the States with a nearby Big K/K-Mart, it looks as though the chain is going through an electronics department reset and huge video game inventory dump.

My local Big K still had PS2, GameCube, and Game Boy Advanced games under lock and key up until just a few months ago. Well, I went over there today thinking maybe I could track down Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire for my kids, which I haven't been able to find anymore, when to my surprise I find not those, but instead the motherload of game shelves filled with clearance stock.

One entire wall of DVDs had been moved out to make room for the game inventory. There must have been at least 1000 games there, all of them $20 and under. PS2, PS3, 360, GameCube, Wii, PSP, GBA and DS titles. I grabbed Tony Hawk Project 8 for the PS3 (my 8 year old son loves the skating games) for $10, and MLB Power Pros for the Wii for $5.

According to slickdeals.net, ALL KMarts are blowing out at least their 07 and earlier sports titles for the 360 for $4.97, regardless if it EA, 2K, or another publisher, such as with the many racing titles.

Check your local K-Marts before the pickings get slim.

I know in some areas, people are going to KMart and buying FIFA 07 for the 360 for $5, then driving over to Blockbuster and trading it in for $22 store credit. :lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:36 am

Trev, pix will come once it looks ok. Have you ever taken apart a fat ps2? It's amazingly easy to do.

In hindsight I should have probably tried w/my dead models. Not much of a clue as to their inner workings, but what would I have had to lose?
Looking forward to your pics. :)
I do know the 32x version is meant to be the best version out there
Depends ... the Saturn version has many more tracks & cars, but it is also missing the 32X exclusives (prototype car, & the 2 non-arcade tracks)
VR Racing was the reason I owned a 32X back in the day (maybe I'll bust it out of storage to relive memories ... and play Kolibri)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:50 am

3DOKid wrote:
Not a huge fan of playing Virtua Racing, it never sunk in with me, but I do know the 32x version is meant to be the best version out there. I'd love to see it running. Virtua Racing is the best looking game ever in attract mode. Bold Polygon games are easily more beautiful better than the new fangled textured mapped stuff. :) I have the Saturn vesion of VRacing, I often wondered if it's so much more different.
Virtua Racing DX megadrive 32X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMxTm5QA1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZZb4FPaa3Y

Virtua Racing Deluxe Attract Mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsSuhNBBzho

:D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:01 am

just bought the 3do game secrets 2 book off amazon for 46 cents , it's got the walkthough for killing time so i can finally beat it without cheating . if i'm in a really good mood i'll scan it because the only walkthrough i've found for killing time online is for the pc version . if anyone is interested amazon has like 11 more copies for really really cheap ....book 1 is still like $6 tho .

book 2
http://www.amazon.com/3Do-Games-Secrets ... rvi_cart_1

book 1 , tho i don't know what games it covers , i've actually owned book 2 way back in the day .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... f=dp_olp_2

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 am

isn't using a walkthrough cheating :wink:

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:14 am

nah ,cheating is putting in the code for all the keys and invincibility, and then using game guru for the vases and weapons ...then going straight to tess's room and up into the attic where the game ends ....this way i'll see every little nook and cranny of the game . and for 46 cents i couldn't say no .

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Ok, this is my new Lack of Love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpmLp45Mwqk

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:17 pm

I agree w/Beef, walkthroughs are not in the same league as using codes.

The 3DO books are great! The writers had a real respect for the console, and their reviews are very informative (and funny!) Also there are some nice interivews in there. The folks at PF Magic, Digital Pictures, and others all took Q&A on their 3DO development.

I might grab another copy, as I 've read mine so often (12 years old after all) it is now in 2 pieces! :P

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Beef Supreme wrote:just bought the 3do game secrets 2 book off amazon for 46 cents , it's got the walkthough for killing time so i can finally beat it without cheating . if i'm in a really good mood i'll scan it because the only walkthrough i've found for killing time online is for the pc version . if anyone is interested amazon has like 11 more copies for really really cheap ....book 1 is still like $6 tho .

book 2
http://www.amazon.com/3Do-Games-Secrets ... rvi_cart_1

book 1 , tho i don't know what games it covers , i've actually owned book 2 way back in the day .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... f=dp_olp_2
Oh wow I didn't even know about these.

Thanks so much for the links man, I just ordered book 2. I got stuck on Killing Time as well.

BTW, Beef I think that's the wrong book for book 1. I think this is the right one:
http://www.amazon.com/3Do-Games-Secrets ... 661&sr=1-2

Regardless, I ordered both of them.

Pics from overpriced eBay auctions:
BOOK 1:

BOOK 2:
-Vladimir Lenin