The Only R.E.A.L. 3DO Experience.
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 pm 
3DO ZERO USER

"Recommend a Sega game"

"Recommend an uncommon game for any Sega platform"

Perplexing.

So, is it: recommend an uncommon SEGA game for any SEGA platform?

or is it: recommend an uncommon (ANY) game for any SEGA platform?

Looks like it's gone to the latter...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:00 pm 
3DO ZERO USER

Man, has anyone here played Cool Herders? It's like I keep trying to see if anyone anywhere else has played the game, but nobody ever replies to my comments. It's really sad, to be honest. I know that there were a few that sold, but did anyone actually play it? If you didn't, you so missed out on a really nice Dreamcast Gem. A total Party Game that needs to be played by the community. It's almost like it sold and people just threw them on a shelf and never played it because someday it will be a collectible. If that's the case, it is beyond sad. I hate Shelf Monkeys for that exact reason!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:14 pm 
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

I have Cool Herders. Still need to get around to trying it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:46 pm 
3DO ZERO USER

Austin wrote:
I have Cool Herders. Still need to get around to trying it.

Austin... you 'shelf monkey'!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:57 am 
Jaguar MOD

Legend of Oasis for the Saturn

I dont have it myself. My friend does. Got it for free at school. He asked if I knew anything about it. After digging around I have found no one had anything bad to say about this game. Its all positive. I might have to get it myself.

What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:35 am 
3DO ZERO USER

a31chris wrote:
Legend of Oasis for the Saturn

I dont have it myself. My friend does. Got it for free at school. He asked if I knew anything about it. After digging around I have found no one had anything bad to say about this game. Its all positive. I might have to get it myself.

Really? No one? I've heard quite a few criticisms levied at the game over the years. And the only full review of Legend of Oasis on GameFAQs has plenty of bad things to say about it.

Well, I might as well volunteer some of the negatives, though I like the game a bit more than the average player does. Some requisite ledges are positioned where you can't see them, forcing you to frequently make leaps of faith. The controls can be clunky. Enemies are excessively pesky when you're trying to solve puzzles, as they respawn every time you leave a room and take a huge number of hits to kill. Also, though I can't fathom this viewpoint, I've heard people complain that the game is too easy. Finally, the soundtrack feels out-of-place and dreary.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:28 pm 
3DO ZERO USER

Final Fight on Sega CD, it's superior to every other console port around that time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:35 pm 
3DO ZERO USER

CJZEPP wrote:
Final Fight on Sega CD, it's superior to every other console port around that time.

I still think it's superior to many of the ports they have now even! :wink:

For Sega CD, gotta' play Batman Returns. Yes, it is uncommon, and you need not play the cart based platformer levels as they aren't the treasure here. Play the amazing as Hell Driving Stages. If you do, you will understand what I am talking about. I still have such a hard time believing that was done on a Sega CD at the time. Awesome stuff.

For the Dreamcast, I have booted up Time Stalkers for the first time in a very long time. I have forgotten what a good game it is. Very different from the other two games in the series, but well done, none the less.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:12 pm 
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

T2KFreeker wrote:
For Sega CD, gotta' play Batman Returns. Yes, it is uncommon, and you need not play the cart based platformer levels as they aren't the treasure here. Play the amazing as Hell Driving Stages. If you do, you will understand what I am talking about. I still have such a hard time believing that was done on a Sega CD at the time. Awesome stuff.

Just don't play it on "Driving Mode Only", otherwise prepare to throw the controller through your TV on the final stage. This stage is only available when you set the game to "Driving Only".

On a side note, I like the platforming sections. Nothing special graphically speaking and it's identical to what is on the Genesis cart, but the soundtrack is amazing.