Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Recommend a Sega game

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 pm

"Recommend a Sega game"

"Recommend an uncommon game for any Sega platform"

Perplexing.

So, is it: recommend an uncommon SEGA game for any SEGA platform?

or is it: recommend an uncommon (ANY) game for any SEGA platform?

Looks like it's gone to the latter...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Man, has anyone here played Cool Herders? It's like I keep trying to see if anyone anywhere else has played the game, but nobody ever replies to my comments. It's really sad, to be honest. I know that there were a few that sold, but did anyone actually play it? If you didn't, you so missed out on a really nice Dreamcast Gem. A total Party Game that needs to be played by the community. It's almost like it sold and people just threw them on a shelf and never played it because someday it will be a collectible. If that's the case, it is beyond sad. I hate Shelf Monkeys for that exact reason!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:14 pm

I have Cool Herders. Still need to get around to trying it.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Austin wrote:I have Cool Herders. Still need to get around to trying it.
Austin... you 'shelf monkey'!!! :mrgreen:

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:57 am

Legend of Oasis for the Saturn

I dont have it myself. My friend does. Got it for free at school. He asked if I knew anything about it. After digging around I have found no one had anything bad to say about this game. Its all positive. I might have to get it myself.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:35 am

a31chris wrote:Legend of Oasis for the Saturn

I dont have it myself. My friend does. Got it for free at school. He asked if I knew anything about it. After digging around I have found no one had anything bad to say about this game. Its all positive. I might have to get it myself.
Really? No one? I've heard quite a few criticisms levied at the game over the years. And the only full review of Legend of Oasis on GameFAQs has plenty of bad things to say about it.

Well, I might as well volunteer some of the negatives, though I like the game a bit more than the average player does. Some requisite ledges are positioned where you can't see them, forcing you to frequently make leaps of faith. The controls can be clunky. Enemies are excessively pesky when you're trying to solve puzzles, as they respawn every time you leave a room and take a huge number of hits to kill. Also, though I can't fathom this viewpoint, I've heard people complain that the game is too easy. Finally, the soundtrack feels out-of-place and dreary.

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CJZEPP » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Final Fight on Sega CD, it's superior to every other console port around that time.
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:35 pm

CJZEPP wrote:Final Fight on Sega CD, it's superior to every other console port around that time.
I still think it's superior to many of the ports they have now even! :wink:

For Sega CD, gotta' play Batman Returns. Yes, it is uncommon, and you need not play the cart based platformer levels as they aren't the treasure here. Play the amazing as Hell Driving Stages. If you do, you will understand what I am talking about. I still have such a hard time believing that was done on a Sega CD at the time. Awesome stuff.

For the Dreamcast, I have booted up Time Stalkers for the first time in a very long time. I have forgotten what a good game it is. Very different from the other two games in the series, but well done, none the less.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:12 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:For Sega CD, gotta' play Batman Returns. Yes, it is uncommon, and you need not play the cart based platformer levels as they aren't the treasure here. Play the amazing as Hell Driving Stages. If you do, you will understand what I am talking about. I still have such a hard time believing that was done on a Sega CD at the time. Awesome stuff.
Just don't play it on "Driving Mode Only", otherwise prepare to throw the controller through your TV on the final stage. This stage is only available when you set the game to "Driving Only".

On a side note, I like the platforming sections. Nothing special graphically speaking and it's identical to what is on the Genesis cart, but the soundtrack is amazing.