Recommend a Nintendo game

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon on DsiWare is a great pinball table, well worth 500 points. It looks great, has very good music, sfx, and voices , the physics are good, and there is lots to do. Reminds me very much of the older Pro Pinball games.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Recommend a Nintendo game

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:05 am

The Immortal for the NES. I've had lots of fun with this one. It's an isometric view game with extremely well animated sprites and an independent battle system. Just found out there is a Genesis version, looks like it runs a little to fast but I'll buy it to compare graphics as well.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re:

Post by Austin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Trev wrote:Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon on DsiWare is a great pinball table, well worth 500 points. It looks great, has very good music, sfx, and voices , the physics are good, and there is lots to do. Reminds me very much of the older Pro Pinball games.
I bought this about a month ago and really, really enjoyed it. One of the best digital pinball games I have played. The physics are just about the best out there, the ruleset is good with lots to do, and the graphics are well done.

If you'd believe it, this was actually made by the guys that did the old Pro Pinball games. They've been around making the occasional pinball game since the '90s, while working on other projects as well. They also did Metroid Prime Pinball, another excellent DS pinball game.