Recommend an Xbox game.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Recommend an Xbox game.

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Recommend an uncommon game for any Microsoft platform (Except for Xbox 360).

Rules:

1 - Nothing to be posted on games like: SplinterCell, Forza, Halo or any top 20 Microsoft game. Uncommon games only. If in doubt, ask. i.e. PM 3DOkid.

2 - Write a 2 line review. War and Peace will be deleted.

3 - No comments on other peoples recommendations. If you want to comment, start a new thread in the General Forum with the title of the game.

4 - Positive posts only. Remember: "Recommend" not "Slag off"

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:38 am

Jet Set Radio Future An excellent follow up from the dreamcast game of a similiar name

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Ultra Bust-A-Move is a great entry in the long running series. If you've liked any of the previous Bust a move games, you'll like this Xbox exclusive.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Thief deadly shadows is a great game!
Panzer dragon orta is fantastic!

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Shikigami no Shiro

Post by nocturne » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:16 am

Shikigami no Shiro what a cool shooter this one is, the sequel is on both the xbox and DC. I cant help but to believe that this title might be from the same group as the earlier gunbird titles. There's loads on characters to chose from, all with different abilities that make the game replay value extremely high. This is a modern shooter so theres many effects and actions that create mega huge stores. If you're a shooter fan, this would fill the void for many hours, highly recomended it the sequel on both Xbox and dc

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:36 am

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Oh man, where do I begin? This game is bitching good. It's a mix of action and strategy. You manage troops, purchase equipment, develop officer skills, hire extra officers, etc. During battle you move troops around and you can take control of the protagonist and duke out massive carnage. 4 entirely different campaigns. 1 easy, 1 normal, 2 hard. The easy and normal campaigns don't really require much strategy but boy oh boy are the hard campaigns br00tal. It's Dynasty Warriors meets Rome: Total War (on a much smaller scale). Everything about the game is great except the English voice acting. But that's okay because the original Korean (yes, Korean) voice acting was included as an option!!! This game is awesome and it's an Xbox exclusive.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:46 pm

I would recommend Project Natal:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... atal/50014

If it wouldn't be for fake-gameplay like Wii but for real Virtual Reality.
But this will never happen.
So, let's watch all the sick-fun-families playing with clean kids.

Karyyk
3DO ZERO USER

Advent Rising

Post by Karyyk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:30 am

Advent Rising
Trailer

This was a fantastic game that was initially hyped, then largely maligned and left to die. What it really is is a great shooter with a great storyline, the occasional bug, Jedi-style force powers, slightly behind-the-times game engine and a control scheme that people didn't want to take the time to learn. It's easily one of my favorite XBOX games.
Last edited by Karyyk on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadMan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MadMan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:30 am

Phantom Dust For The Win!!!!

It's a deep, beautiful card game. The music is cool and it runs great on XBOX 360 under backwards compatibility.
This one's for johnny!!!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:18 am

I like OutRun 2 for the XBOX, or its revamped version (difficult to find in the wild), OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast.

If you happen to like first person shooters of the mindless kind, Painkiller: Hell Wars was very overlooked, and Darkwatch seems to be forgotten.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:34 am

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x, a Xbox exclusive, if you liked Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on the PSX and N64, you'll love this remake.

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Although I will probably be banned for this, I agree about THPS2x. Excellent, enhanced port of Tony Hawk 2, and after you finish the main campaign you unlock *all* the stages from the first Tony Hawk. After you finish those, you unlock *another* five levels exclusive to this port. And with all of that, having the custom soundtrack option was brilliant. At least, back in 2001 when that concept was new it was brilliant. I killed many hours with this game.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:11 am

Rule 2 was def violated but was rule 1?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin

Post by Austin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 am

:lol:

Austin

Post by Austin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:19 am

Trying to avoid the ban:

Super Bubble Pop. Seriously. It's actually a fun match-three-or-more budget puzzle game that didn't get much notice despite being on a gazillion platforms.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm waiting for Kid to comment so I know how he wants me to edit this...

*yells* "PlayStation sucks!"

That should get him in here. :lol:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Recommend an Xbox game.

Post by Lemmi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:23 am

not sure if this game in uncommon LOL

The Hobbit

i havent played a real Xbox game since 2006 mostly just compilation sets like Capcom/Taito classics. i had alot of fun playing this game starts off slow for you to learn some basic moves then it gets good, a mix of action, puzzles, and roaming around looking for goodies. 11 levels most of them really long and detailed. Oh and SAVE OFTEN :) only 1 playable character Bilbo and i hate Spiders tons of Spiders in this game

now i have all the lord of the rings games to try out i hope im not disapointed after playing The Hobbit
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:47 am

Shenmue 2. Ok it's a dreamcast port but I believe the dreamcast pal one was voiced in japanese with English subtitles? Whereas the xbox is a proper conversion with full English dialogue. Also can be played on 360. I do have fonder memories of Shenmue one on the DC however this is an excellent game as well just don't like the Hong Kong setting as much as the original set in Japan. Wonder if we will one day get the third instalment.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:33 am

Throwing out "The Curse". GREAT game. VERY uncommon. If you like games like Alone in the dark, this games for you. Very well done, nice graphics, nice sound and a blast to play. Good jumps and scares ahead!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!