Cheap NES and SNES games?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Cheap NES and SNES games?

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:18 am

I had an SNES as a kid but once I got a PS2 my gramps had this genius idea of sending away my SNES and all its games to some young relative back in my glorious homeland Ukraine. I was really pissed when I found out he sent it especially without having my approval. But that was years ago.

I bought the FC Twin 2 in 1 remake for $38 brand new off some dude on ebay. Most folks were selling it for around $60 and I got a pretty good deal. I got some SNES games. I shelled out $15.50 for Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. I also shelled out $17 for Destiny Of An Emperor complete. I'm 18 and a college student and I really can't be wasting cash like this anymore.

Metroid, Contra, Castlevania... all of 'em for the NES and SNES go for around $15 on ebay. A bit hefty for me although I am watching a Metroid auction that's supposed to end in 20 minutes. Might get lucky.

I can forget about most of the well known RPG's as well. Hell, just the other day I was watching Secret of Evermore and just when there was 30 minutes left it went from $5 to $20.

Anyone know where else I can look for NES and SNES that might have a lower price?
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:19 am

I'd suggest saving up for a Wii instead & playing the games on the virtual console. Not only are rpgs expensive, but if the battery dies... :cry:

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:27 am

Never.

Not only am I not interested in any of these new consoles but buying roms is absurd and I stopped using emulation when I started collecting consoles. Nowadays, to me it just feels awkward and weird emulating it. It's just not the same. However... I do have some sort of odd and strange urge to save up for a GP2X but I think I'll just be playing fighting games when I get that hour break at college.

And I don't really care much for those RPG's. I own Final Fantasy Anthologies and Chronicles for PSX. The other ones I can live without. It just seems that a good chunk of good games are go for average for $15.

I was right about that Metroid auction and managed to win it for $5.25 which is a lot cheaper than the majority of recent Metroid auctions.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin