3DO Betas/Previews/Pre-Releases

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

3DO Betas/Previews/Pre-Releases

Post by bitrate » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:01 am

Hello all,
I thought I would share some photos of some of my beta/pre-release/preview 3DO titles. I've only tried out Need for Speed, and it has a couple of differences that I noticed (I only played a couple of minutes). The opponent videos are not available (maybe this should be considered a positive feature :D ), and some other options for the cars don't seem to be included. A couple of the cars seem to handle a little differently as well. I have many many many hours on the released NFS to compare the handling with, and it seems a little tighter (believe it or not) on the pre-release version I have. Go figure. On Deathkeep, the controls for the game are mapped to different buttons.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I play them on this:

If the pictures are too big I'll edit them.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:08 am

:!: DAMN! I say again; DAMN! You crazy Bastard! That is awesome! I know for sure I wish I had that Deathkeep disc. That would be awesome as i collect Dungeins & Dragons 2nd edition stuff! Other stuff is "sweet like candy" as well! :o
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:28 am

Haha, poor 3DO is relegated to the "Other" checkbox...

:(

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:26 pm

Mobius wrote:Haha, poor 3DO is relegated to the "Other" checkbox...

:(

Yeah, that is kind of funny that they couldn't even silkscreen their disks with a simple 3DO caption and check box.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Anyone else have any betas or pre-releases they care to share? I'm kind of interested to see what else is possibly out there.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:23 pm

bitrate wrote:Anyone else have any betas or pre-releases they care to share? I'm kind of interested to see what else is possibly out there.
nope not i
does your testing station have a switch on it, for encrypted and un-encrypted games?

i almost bought one on ebay long ago but then i thought why? as im not gonna buy stuff that works on it :)

Zangardo had 2 Captian Quazar betas, Save Yourself (i think that was the name) and probably 10 others i cant remember
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:31 am

3DOSanctuary.com, huh? I'll have to check that out here soon as well.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:48 am

Lemmi wrote:
nope not i
does your testing station have a switch on it, for encrypted and un-encrypted games?

i almost bought one on ebay long ago but then i thought why? as im not gonna buy stuff that works on it :)

Zangardo had 2 Captian Quazar betas, Save Yourself (i think that was the name) and probably 10 others i cant remember

Yep, it has the Encrypted/Unencrypted toggle switch on the back. Did that Zangardo fellow end up selling off his entire collection a little while back, or did he just up and disappear without a trace? I'm pretty sure I remember him from another forum.

T2KFreeker wrote: 3DOSanctuary.com, huh? I'll have to check that out here soon as well.
Heh, as long as you don't expect too much :D
I'm just messing around with the site right now. Actually, it is extremely pathetic at this point. I have uploaded all of one image. Eventually, I will get rid of the template page and give it a real go. It will probably wait until I get most of my collection photographed though.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:06 pm

bitrate wrote:
Yep, it has the Encrypted/Unencrypted toggle switch on the back. Did that Zangardo fellow end up selling off his entire collection a little while back, or did he just up and disappear without a trace? I'm pretty sure I remember him from another forum.
he used to post at assembler and FreeDO, from what i saw he sold off some of his bigger priced items then disappeared, but i dont think he sold everything off, he wouldnt tell me why he was selling the stuff off either.
i used to have alot more pictures of his stuff he sent me over the years but a hard drive crash killed most of the pics i had
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:41 pm

God I hate hard drive crashes. I've dealt with 3 in the last 3 years. That sucks that you lost all of those pics and info. You are correct, the name of one of his beta's was "Save Yourself". I have a small picture of that one. Do you remember if he had any unreleased stuff?

retro
3DO ZERO USER

Post by retro » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Sorry for digging up such an old post, but I just wanted to say that's an impressive collection! Has it grown since you posted the pics?

I need to find me some of those Interplay CDs with the Saturn box ticked! heh.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:24 pm

retro wrote:Sorry for digging up such an old post, but I just wanted to say that's an impressive collection! Has it grown since you posted the pics?

Here is a more recent pic I posted. This isn't all of them either :D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:00 am

That's new carpet too folks.

Bitrate = Trip Hawkins. Them's are the facts ;)

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:15 am

3DOKid wrote:That's new carpet too folks.
And it looks suspiciously like mine.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:41 am

3DOKid wrote:That's new carpet too folks.
Haha... nope, just clean :D

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:47 am

ooooo and a man who knows how to keep his place clean!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"