Thrift Finds!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

jesusc
3DO ZERO USER

Thrift Finds!

Post by jesusc » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:48 am

I searched six pages back and didn't see a topic about this, so if one exists, I apologize.

A friend was thrifting today and called me to let me know he found some of that terrible 3DO stuff that I collect.
He picked up for me a loose Captain Quazar, loose Need for Speed, (I have the boxes, but gremlins must have stolen the cds), a complete Doctor Hauzer (which totally took me for surprise. I've never found a jpn 3DO game here in upstate New York), Cannon Fodder, and a few other games complete in case, but no cardboard boxes.
Cost ranged between $1- $2. Yay me!

Anyone else still finding stuff in the wild?

Mobius

Re: Thrift Finds!

Post by Mobius » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:55 am

jesusc wrote:I searched six pages back and didn't see a topic about this, so if one exists, I apologize.

A friend was thrifting today and called me to let me know he found some of that terrible 3DO stuff that I collect.
He picked up for me a loose Captain Quazar, loose Need for Speed, (I have the boxes, but gremlins must have stolen the cds), a complete Doctor Hauzer (which totally took me for surprise. I've never found a jpn 3DO game here in upstate New York), Cannon Fodder, and a few other games complete in case, but no cardboard boxes.
Cost ranged between $1- $2. Yay me!

Anyone else still finding stuff in the wild?
I wish! My only chance to ever find 3DO stuff like Captain Quazar or Doctor Hauzer is online. Unfortunately, those don't sell for a buck or two online. :(

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:02 am

I found the PC version of the 3DO HAS Steering Wheel. Convertible if you want to take the time. Mostly just misc games I've found at thrift stores and flea markets. But I did find a 3DO beta on a CD spindle at a garage sale. Just a ROAD RASH beta, but best 10 cents I spent that year probably.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Tears of Ash
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tears of Ash » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:23 am

I got Madden Football for free at a store the other day. It was going to cost 99 cents, but the credit card reader was down.

So I paid nothing! Mwahahaha.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:53 am

Gir Draxa wrote:I found the PC version of the 3DO HAS Steering Wheel. Convertible if you want to take the time.

Drax
I have that steering wheel, do you have some sort of instructions for converting it?

jesusc
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jesusc » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:03 pm

Tears of Ash wrote:I got Madden Football for free at a store the other day. It was going to cost 99 cents, but the credit card reader was down.

I wish I could punch everyone in the face who uses a credit card for small transactions.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:08 pm

In fairness, I think you fist would hurt.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:35 pm

BryWI wrote:
Gir Draxa wrote:I found the PC version of the 3DO HAS Steering Wheel. Convertible if you want to take the time.

Drax
I have that steering wheel, do you have some sort of instructions for converting it?
Aparently there are two 'other' versions of the wheel. One Nintendo, and one PC. I'd sold the PC one to a friend who opened it and pointed out the connections for places to snap in cables for the Nintendo or 3DO are there. He just boosted one out of a 'flying wing' 3do pad and put it in. Gotta like an 'all in one' design. As to if soldering was involved, or if the port is already there, I'd have to ask. But I did see it working with NFS, so either way, good news.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Tears of Ash
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tears of Ash » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:20 am

jesusc wrote:
Tears of Ash wrote:I got Madden Football for free at a store the other day. It was going to cost 99 cents, but the credit card reader was down.

I wish I could punch everyone in the face who uses a credit card for small transactions.
:(

I haven't actually carried real cash in over five years. It's smelly and weird.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:22 am

hmmmmmm I may have the Nintendo wheel. It's a bit of a chore to get to at the moment but I plan on getting to work on my game room in a few weeks and when I do I'll have to take it apart real quick to have a see.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"