Xbox 360 being repaired 3DO main console again

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

mosul210
3DO ZERO USER

Xbox 360 being repaired 3DO main console again

Post by mosul210 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:21 am

Well I just sent off my Xbox 360 for the second time in 3 years for repair. I'm getting the infamous RROD error. Anyway with the 360 gone I
ve been doing a lot of gaming on the 3DO. I've been clocking a lot of hours on Bladeforce, Shockwave, and Return Fire. These games rock! if only Panasonic would have released the system at a competitive price.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue May 19, 2009 11:54 am

yeah my 360 did that same thing. I brought out my 3do and the thing started throwing a fit :/ Im playing the command and conquer red alert games now.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Tue May 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Sold my 360 after it was repaired. Reason: Worst console of all times. It's a democratic fetish among gamers to keep their 360ies.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue May 19, 2009 9:24 pm

We'd probably hear the same thing about PS3 but a good percentage of its owners wouldn't know what Metal Gear Solid was whilst they sit back and watch blu ray movies on the this fancy player they got given with their Bravias.
I'd like to see Sony's real sell through numbers then compare them to the real numbers of their killer app sell throughs....mmmmmmm
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Tue May 19, 2009 11:20 pm

I'm also feeling the pain although mine is not an Xbox360, but my Dreamcast.

Recently rediscovered it after gettind fed up with my limited 3do games library (I have a whole heap of 3do games, they are in storage, as the family and myself move around alot due to work). Got right into Blue Stinger on the Dreamcast and then it died. I'm a few days away from committing that laser calibration "pot tweaking" trick in frustation :x , but I reckon I might be getting myself another Dreamcast off that auction site as I can't find anywhere else to get one except for one online shop, who I refuse to deal with :evil:

mosul210
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mosul210 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 pm

It looks like my 360 is on its way back, quick turn around by MS. My 3DO has become a favorite in my household though. Family games like Twisted and to some extent Return Fire have become a hit with my family. I'm still playing Bladeforce also, I never did get to complete the game when I had my original 3DO.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed May 20, 2009 2:08 pm

Thats good to hear its already on the way back. Im shipping mine out today.

EDIT: lol. So I just dropped my 360 off at UPS and I was waiting in line and the person behind the counter said "It must be an xbox" I just laughed. I said they must get alot of them, they said oh yeah. Microsoft is keeping ups in business.

Id permenantly fix it myself but its still covered for 3 red lights so I sent it in.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 20, 2009 10:31 pm

I'd really like to get a 360 but I want to wait until they have things cleared up. At least MS will fix their consoles unlike some other company I won't mention... and the Wii you only have to worry about straps snapping sending flying controllers at expensive screens. (though that's been taken care of)
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu May 21, 2009 4:52 am

Like you, I too am waiting. A shame as the original XBOX has given me little trouble. Maybe the red ring thing will be sorted out in time for the launch of the 720?

mosul210
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mosul210 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Having had to send back my 360 twice in a little over 3 years I know about its lack of reliability. That being said in my opinion taking into account its recent price I think the 360 is worth it. Sure I hate to be without my system for a while, but its the only way I get to play notable exclusives like Halo, Gears of War, Too Human, Fable, Lost Odyssey and others.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu May 21, 2009 2:43 pm

I also liked Too Human. Many did not though. I fear the next 2 games in the series wont come out. It's chances look pretty grim. :(

and for those waiting, i heard something about a newer revision being made. Forgot the specifics though. I had one of the newer revisions. It was made april 2008 and was a white box but still had hdmi. Obviously they didnt quite sort it out there. Oh well, UPS likes it. heh.

PowerPie5000
3DO ZERO USER

Post by PowerPie5000 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:20 pm

I like my 360.... but only for the games :lol: My old XBOX 360 only needed repairing once in about 3 years but i recently sold it and got the new 360 "Jasper" console which runs cooler and uses less power.... which should hopefully end the RROD problem (fingers crossed).

As for too human i did expect a bit more but i still enjoyed it although i got to the end just as i started to get into it! The controls and camera are a bit crap but hopefully they will release the second one with improvements? (if the first game has not already killed the sequels!).

As far as gaming for me goes, nothing beats my PC 8)