Jag games I think I want (and some I don't)

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Jag games I think I want (and some I don't)

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:08 am

Let's use this as a foundation for possible trades eh?

What I want:

- Skyhammer (looks like a pre-cursor to GPolice, which was awesome)
- Worms
- Rayman (an original copy ;) )
- Attack of the mutant penguins.
- Missile Command
- Doom (There, I've said it)
- BattleMorph.

And they can shove this up their bum:

- BattleSphere. (there has to be a way right? USB, CF, CDROM, someway, $600USD - No Ma'am)

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:13 am

I have Battlemorph (it was the pack in game ) and it is good

but I want

AVP
Doom
Tempst 2K

I have currently in transit - Baldies , Blue Lightning , Bubsy and Iron Soldier
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:26 am

Iron Soldier is an amazing achievement. It's another one of the games that was tarnished by simply appearing on the wrong platform. I prefer IS1 over IS2.

What I also like is the fact that it is clearly one of those games that is the missing link in gaming evolution between 16Bit era and the 32/64bit era. The in-game graphics are jawing dropping (for their time) you can destroy whole buildings in 3D which is amazing, but the load screens and the menu screens are pure 16Bit Amiga/ST. It's a bit like Crash 'N Burn in that respect.

Electronic Arts contribution to the worlds in-game menu systems cannot be under-estimated. (I'm popular at dinner parties me!)

doctorclu
3DO ZERO USER

Post by doctorclu » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:50 am

I've seen some good selections up there. Need to brush up on my 3DO to see if there is anything I want to tinker with. It wasn't till last month I even saw a 3DO controller a the First Saturday Sidewalk Sale here in Dallas.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Iron Soldier is an amazing achievement. It's another one of the games that was tarnished by simply appearing on the wrong platform.
Was a shame bout the lack of textures though. :( The graphics snob in me favored the 32X's Metal Head at the time ... although now I know that IS is the deeper game. I desire to re-visit it more than MH ... in fact after reading these posts I think I'll pop it in and spend some more time with it. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 pm

You see, there was a time when I felt that textures were shoe-horned on to a polygon. Naked polygons (Elite, Iron Soldier, Virtua Racing) are sometimes, kinda sexy.

doctorclu
3DO ZERO USER

Post by doctorclu » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Iron Solder 2 was even better refined in the graphics.

I love how when you walk over the tanks (or shoot them) you get the spokes of the tank treads and all just going flying in the air. The explosions are satisfying.

Even the large buildings being punched apart are satifying enough though it falls apart into many blocks. :)