I'm NOT DRUNK

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

I'm NOT DRUNK

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:36 am

:evil:

I'm still on the patent-pending 3DOkid Bikini diet. 1500Kcals per day, 3 hours exercise, no Drink, no dinner (of any meaningful size)

I intend to be absolutely smashed when I go on holiday to Mallorca in a few weeks mind you.

This is what the place looks like, and somehow it seems to be a sin to pollute such idyllic scene with my chubby fat stone-white *rse. So my life is a constant series of gym, exercise bike (while playing GT3 on the PS2) and tanning salon. Sad - but true. (how did it come to this?)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:40 pm

BINGE AND PURGE!

Just kidding, hope you get to your ideal weight, and don't forget to get a little bit of a tan before you go. Last thing you need is to do all that work and end up sun-bunt within the first few days.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:57 pm

I have binged and purged for six years. I hate exercise. I despise it. it's so boring, it's so dull. I'm more of a fast women, easy food and lots of cars (or a variation on that theme) kind of guy. (in my mind anyway!) None of which involves running like a moron in a circle. A hamster in a circle. but... (needs must as the devil drives)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Hmmm ... maybe you should try Wii Fit. :wink:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:52 pm

I did. It made me angry. Peddling to GT3 is far more engaging.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Don't get too held up on the Kcal!

3 square meals (read sensible, no triple big macs!) a day and whatever fruit and veg you want to eat should do it. So for example have a cereal breakfast (hold the sugar!) with a cup of tea, then a sandwich or two and fruit for your dinner and a decent hot meal for tea, chilli and rice, spag bol, whatever really.

3 hours exercise is a little excessive, I'd recommend building up towards an hour of anaerobic exercise. Sit-ups and dumb bell weight routines are excellent to bulk out muscle in the right areas. Then follow through with aerobic exercise either running, cycling or using a rope for skips are all great techniques for cardiovascular work. Just gradually work to a safe limit then keep pushing that stamina further with each exercise session.

Music is also essential, I find techno or aggressive metal hits the spot.

desiv
3DO ZERO USER

Post by desiv » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:02 pm

> So for example have a cereal breakfast (hold the sugar!)

No problem for me there...
I mean, who would put sugar on CoCo Crispies!!!

:lol:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:43 pm

Devin wrote:Don't get too held up on the Kcal!

3 square meals (read sensible, no triple big macs!) a day and whatever fruit and veg you want to eat should do it. So for example have a cereal breakfast (hold the sugar!) with a cup of tea, then a sandwich or two and fruit for your dinner and a decent hot meal for tea, chilli and rice, spag bol, whatever really.

3 hours exercise is a little excessive, I'd recommend building up towards an hour of anaerobic exercise. Sit-ups and dumb bell weight routines are excellent to bulk out muscle in the right areas. Then follow through with aerobic exercise either running, cycling or using a rope for skips are all great techniques for cardiovascular work. Just gradually work to a safe limit then keep pushing that stamina further with each exercise session.

Music is also essential, I find techno or aggressive metal hits the spot.

Hmmm this is rock solid sound advice. Inteligent advice that with time will work. I have neither. Sadly. (intelligence or time!)

3 hours again today.

I'm sort of used to it these days. I've been peddlingly like a hamster or aerobics for 45 mins a day for months (6 or 7 anyway). Sadly, as is always the case, vast quantities of free beer loomed into my I.T corporate view like giant beer-berg, and there I was on the good Ship Free-Gin-Tonic --and I was thirsty - and a little hungry. I haven't had beer in a 3 weeks. And the weight is falling off. 12Kgs lost now.

anyone thinking of doing the same, let me remind you of few facts:

Exercise may be healthy, but it's boring as hell.

People who enjoy exercise at the gym are boring as hell.

Smoking maybe unhealthy but... better shut up :twisted: (something about smoking women that I shouldn't repeat.)

Drinking maybe unhealthy, it really does pass the time. And drunk women are ace. This is a fact. Unless they are skinny and/or don't wear make-up and/or have boring hair. Each of which is a sure fire sign to avoid them if they have a beer in their hands. You easily end up dealing with a complex or anger. Neither is much fun.

Dining out is expensive but it beats the hell out of Atkins Diet bars.

I've decided - once I'm ... I'm over my weight complex, possibly in many years from now... I'm going to die like Oliver Reed rather than Micheal Jackson.

[Edit] you have to excuse me... I've just finished my last hour for the day. It's about 30Degrees and I could murder an Ice Cold beer. Hmmm. I like Budweiser Light. in a chilly glass :) Real Chilly. but no... no... no... stare at telly, read dull I.T books.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Wow I heard about your summer "heatwave" what was it 3days in a row at 30 celsius :lol:

it's middle of winter here and we just got 23 celsius!

Start complaining when its consistently over 40 :wink:

Who said there was no such thing as global warning?
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Me. What's great about the global warming theory is that they can point at snow, rain, earth quakes, plagues, viruses and car crashes and say it's all Global Warming. It's very handy.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 pm

The gym is for knobs... unless you just want to pick up women then it's fine.

All the pricks are coming out this summer. Some assholes at work seem to turn themselves on by stripping down to a vest with the typical arm band tattoo and smug smile. You just know they're thinking 'YEAH LOOK AT MY PECKS', when I'm thinking 'YOU PRETENTIOUS PRICK'. I didn't want to see man flesh for the previous 11 months of the year what the feck makes June any different?

I do wonder, because the male to female ratio gotta be 90/10, and out of that 10 only a couple are class acts. So who the hell are they showing off to?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:36 am

Oh Devin, I hear that!

Plus men in Gyms are much like men in Lap Dancing clubs. I've only been to one Lap Dancing club and the men are creepy. Even normal men, men that you might consider you friends in normal situation become weird aggressive zombies in a Lap Dancing place. I figured all the blood had shot from their heads (for obvious reasons) and their testosterone levels had gone skyward. Made me feel very edgy.

The same with the gym.

You get these toss pots wandering about like 'Hey, I'm the Alpha Male. Look at me! Alpha Male ME! UG! ALPHA!'

I remember one particularly obnoxious tw*t and his screechy bone-headed slut-ugly girlfriend who were not obeying the 20 minutes rule that printed above the stupid aerobic machine. So I waited, and waited, and put up with the clear sarcastic (but I didn't hear it whispers) hey it's hard to hide the I.T. Geekery within me, when I'm wearing H4X0R T-Shirt (in black with green writing) and have skin whiter than pack of A4.

The only women in Gyms that ever talk to me, are the older variety who want to mother me.

Doris: "Look Mable, it's that nice 3DOkid."
Mable: "oh, Doris, give him a mint, he looks hungry"
Doris: "I've brought him a sandwich. Would you like a sandwich deary?"

Etc...

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:31 am

Personally I don't like buff men. In shape yes, but rippling muscles no thank you. In fact what I prefer the most are nicely toned with a little bit of love handles. <3 mmmmm Gives me something soft to hold on to. All that hard muscle isn't very snuggly.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:51 am

You sound just like my wife. :lol:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:03 am

We know what's good. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:26 am

For the record, women in the same category are preferable.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:11 pm

First I think 3DO Experience is a figment of my imagination she likes games and a little chub. Can't be real! To good to be true :wink:

Agree on your points above 3DOKid, although I'd have used a little reverse psychology to the alpha male point of view. Playing gay usually works, especially if his girlfriend is around. Quite enjoy instigating these awkward little social situations :D

Also had to laugh today, not being the vindictive sod... but, turns out one of the male strippers at our work place also doubles as a bouncer type. Anyway he came in today with his face smashed up apparently (according to him) 4 guys beat him up, although by tomorrow it'll be 15 biker guys, 10 attack dogs and a particularly boisterous pack mule on heat. Don't care what happened just glad his smug smile has been wiped from his face (only human after all) also the girl he was chatting up has lost interest! Bucks 0 - Geeks 1.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:17 pm

Devin wrote:First I think 3DO Experience is a figment of my imagination she likes games and a little chub. Can't be real! To good to be true :wink:
chub? love handles, not beer guts! hahaha I know what ya mean.
Devin wrote:...but, turns out one of the male strippers at our work place also doubles as a bouncer type...
You work at a male strip club??? Hmmm where do you work again?? hehe :twisted:

Funny little story since we are on the topic of sexy men.. I work with my boss's son, and today he wouldn't stop whimpering like a little puppy. I finally looked over at him to see him chewing on his shirt collar, when I asked him what was up he lifted his shirt. Apparently he fell asleep while floating (I assume on something inflatable) in a pool. His whole front of his body was totally red, much more-so than his face was. Nice body though. :wink:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:03 am

Lifted his shirt? ;)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:35 pm

To show me his sunburn...

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:12 pm

3DO Experience wrote:You work at a male strip club??? Hmmm where do you work again?? hehe :twisted:
I see the ugly side of woman nature on a daily basis! :wink:

The old Anglo/American phrase book at hand...

Shirt Lifter: A man of the gay persuasion.

No shame in it these day 3DOKid. In fact I'm all for homosexual men it lessens the competition to the straight persuasion like me :D

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:39 am

Good thing we never get off topic here ... :wink:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:33 am

Me neither. Just the phrase 'shirt lifter'. made me laugh.

Still not drunk. :evil:

Although I am only 2.5 hours per day (due to work)

...lost another KG.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:33 am

I've lost 12kg since christmas ! I am happy though that the very beautiful Mrs Mattyg hasn't minded the "love handles".

"Shirt lifter" HaHaHa - that's funny - haven't heard that term for a while
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Devin wrote:Shirt Lifter: A man of the gay persuasion.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:37 am

3DOKid wrote:Although I am only 2.5 hours per day (due to work)

...lost another KG.
Excellent work!

We should do one of those calendars like the calendar girls done but with 3DO gamers instead, although I'd refuse to shave my baboon back :shock:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:06 am

Well, another booze free weekend looms into view. :(

But Tuesday, when we go, I'll be properly hammered. (And probably a lot heavier!) Wish me luck!

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:19 pm

So you can't enjoy a little drink, it has to be copious amounts of alcohol?

Surely life is not that bad 3DOKid? :wink:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:21 pm

You know, I am, despite how I write and put across my idea, I believe, reasonably intelligent. And yes, the dangers of binge drinking at corporate events (when it's free and I'd be silly not to) and holidays, when I 'm not working, have indeed been pointed out to be copiously by the media and my nanny-government. But when I'm drunk I'm never violent or even argumentative, i just get very very sleepy and that is about all I can muster. So what I'm saying is, the only person I'm hurting is me, and I don't care :)

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:03 pm

I drink all the time but then again I'm 20 and have nothing better to do other than grind in RPGs and make noise/martial industrial music.

College sucks.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin