Video on the FZ-1

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Video on the FZ-1

Post by Dryden » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:35 am

A couple of questions:

1. What's the going rate on the FZ-FV1, and does anyone have one they want to give up? :lol:

2. If you need a hardware MPEG decoder peripheral to view VCDs, how was the FMV recorded in games, and couldn't a software wrapper be written to master our own 3DO video-compatible discs without the use of extra hardware?

I do have the Goldstar adapter, but sadly no Goldstar version console to plug it into. :roll:

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:39 am

The FZ-FV1 and FZ-FV1A are both equally rare in the USA and UK, so, the price varies greatly depending on the ebb and flow of the 3do fan market.

The FZ-FV1A is a better, but slightly more obscure one to find.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:39 am

Hmm, my question is a simple one too, does the video adapter clean up the FMV in the games as well? I heard that this was the case, but have never actually tried it out before as I do not have the thing either. :(
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:41 am

Video improvement? No, only the Virgin games (Demoliton Man, Cannon Fodder, etc) were supposed to offer versions of the games that came with MPEG video on the disc too. So far, only a blue disc version of Demolition Man have I ever had that offered it. Its kinda like obtaining the MPEG version of Lunar The Silver Star for Saturn.

Drax

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:02 am

So far, only a blue disc version of Demolition Man have I ever had that offered it.
Very interesting ... first time I have ever heard of this. Is the video difference substantial?

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:13 am

Actually, no. It's just not as dark.

Its a CES promo that I got many years ago. As far as I know, only Virgin signed on to do the deal.

Drax

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:19 pm

I have the model for the FZ10. To date, I only have the complimentary version of Astrix the Gaul on VCD (In german language) However, it only cost me about £20 ($40) which I thought was pretty good. I see them in Japan pretty frequently for the FZ1. IF i get a chance - I'll snag one.

3DO Kid.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:13 am

3DOKid wrote:I have the model for the FZ10. To date, I only have the complimentary version of Astrix the Gaul on VCD (In german language) However, it only cost me about £20 ($40) which I thought was pretty good. I see them in Japan pretty frequently for the FZ1. IF i get a chance - I'll snag one.

3DO Kid.
Hey man, snag me one too! :lol:

:shock: Seriously though, I'll pay ya' for it.

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:49 pm

3DOKid wrote:I see them in Japan pretty frequently for the FZ1. IF i get a chance - I'll snag one.
I would be very grateful and will make sure it's worth the effort. I'm really interested in getting the accessory hardware for the FZ1 such as the FV1 and JM1 (I'm not expecting to get an EM256 cheap anytime soon, so as a realist, I'm leaving it off my list). :lol:

The JM1's show up on eBay all the time, but it seems there has been a real run on the 3DO stuff in the last year by US collectors and some of the prices are really getting ridiculous.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:47 pm

FV1, JM1, what are these? Again, into 3DO, but I did miss a few things out there. Would be nice to get my crap together though, that way I know what in the Hell is what!

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:54 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:FV1, JM1, what are these? Again, into 3DO, but I did miss a few things out there. Would be nice to get my crap together though, that way I know what in the Hell is what!
Panasonic's part numbers:

FV1 is the Video Module, JM1 is the mouse, EM256 is the Memory Unit.

Helps distinguish the difference between the accessories for the FZ-1, the FZ-10 and the other model 3DOs that were released.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Dryden wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:FV1, JM1, what are these? Again, into 3DO, but I did miss a few things out there. Would be nice to get my crap together though, that way I know what in the Hell is what!
Panasonic's part numbers:

FV1 is the Video Module, JM1 is the mouse, EM256 is the Memory Unit.

Helps distinguish the difference between the accessories for the FZ-1, the FZ-10 and the other model 3DOs that were released.
I knew they were model numbers, I just wanted to know what they were for is all! Thanx' for clearing that up for me, don't feel so dumb now. :wink: