3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Plans for Christmas?

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:35 pm

1 Family trip planned.
1 switched off mobile phone.
5 games consoles.
No work.

Pretty much sums it up. I have a massive intention to do nothing over the next 5 days. Eat and Drink and be merry. Oh and sign that contract and get faxed back ;)

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:43 am

I gotta close up the store christmas eve. Then I get to go back every 6 hours to check refrigeration on christmas day. I offered to do it though, I dont really have much family to go and see.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:46 am

Working Avoiding relatives 48 handhelds and consoles at home with the kids :( just super lol
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:05 am

Went North to visit family. Left computers and consoles (took DS) at home. Was in such a rush I left my book and my CLOTHES sitting on my love seat! I wasn't really mad as I remembered my bathroom bag and it meant stopping to go shopping for new things to wear!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:43 am

I number of things trouble me in that last post, not least of all 'Love seat'. Wazzat?

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:52 am

I number of things trouble me in that last post, not least of all 'Love seat'. Wazzat?
I believe it is a chaise type seat that traditionally runs along a windowed wall - but what would us colonists know :wink:

I did spend Christmas Eve in a tradition of sorts for these parts. Santa visits the main jetties of the lake we are situated on by a large paddlesteamer type boat he then disembarks at each destnation and distributes lollies/candy to the ensuing throngs of children. As my kids are a little too old for that now (apparantly) we sat on the end of our own wharf and watched the proceedings as the sun went down - very nice indeed!

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am

Santa.......distributes lollies/candy to the ensuing throngs of children
Yeah mattyg we had the other country Aussie(?) tradition, Santa on the back of a fire engine pelting the kids with handfuls of toffee and mintie goodness. Except we didn't have the jolly old fellow we had some dressed up infiltrator who nonchalantly threw out schrapnel of sweets and feigned interest in my kids Christmas hopes

pseudo Santa "What do you want for Christmas? :x

tinman's son " A PS3" :D

pseudo Santa "Yeah well I don't know if I've got enough of them!" :evil:

Other than that plans are to take it easy, maybe get into AITD2 or BladeForce for the 3D0 OR RE:CV or Sega GT for the Dreamcast. I did get a secondhand Secret Weapons over Normandy for the Xbox original, so maybe I'll warm this up.

Merry Christmas all Wish you well in the next year. BTW the boy didn't get a PS3, so I guess cranky Santa was right. :roll:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:52 pm

mattyg wrote:
I believe it is a chaise type seat that traditionally runs along a windowed wall - but what would us colonists know :wink:

I did spend Christmas Eve in a tradition of sorts for these parts. Santa visits the main jetties of the lake we are situated on by a large paddlesteamer type boat he then disembarks at each destnation and distributes lollies/candy to the ensuing throngs of children. As my kids are a little too old for that now (apparantly) we sat on the end of our own wharf and watched the proceedings as the sun went down - very nice indeed!
That's not nearly as exciting as what i had in my mind ;)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:15 pm

3DOKid wrote:
mattyg wrote:
That's not nearly as exciting as what i had in my mind ;)
Well over here in the Western ex-colonies :wink: a love seat is a small couch for two. Generally plush with large/tall arm rests to push the two people closer together. You know, for snuggling. But we do use them for normal furniture placed in a space too small for a two-seater couch. Mine happens to *cough* fold out into a bed.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Yeah mattyg we had the other country Aussie(?) tradition, Santa on the back of a fire engine pelting the kids with handfuls of toffee and mintie goodness. Except we didn't have the jolly old fellow we had some dressed up infiltrator who nonchalantly threw out schrapnel of sweets and feigned interest in my kids Christmas hopes
Ah thanks for the traumatic memories Tinman - I recall being pounded with sweets from a fire engine also as a child - however our perpurtrator had the sense to stay on the truck. I am sure it was another way the fire department was using to discourage would be arsonists from messing with them :lol: