My 3DO arrived!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

avanteproject
3DO ZERO USER

My 3DO arrived!

Post by avanteproject » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:27 pm

My 3DO finally arrived today and it's awesome! It's the FZ-1 and it came with audio cables, an S-Video cable, an RF cable and a Goldstar controller, as well as a Panasonic sampler CD. I have 3 games for it so far...

Iron Angel of The Apocalypse - So far this seems like a great game. It has a slow pace but I like the atmosphere, the soundtrack and the visuals.
The controls are a bit annoying as you can't turn while walking, instead you have to stop then turn, but apart from that I like it.

Total Eclipse - Again, this is a great game. Quite tough as I died many times during the first mission but I enjoyed it a lot. I was surprised at just how smooth the visuals were. It don't have that texture distortion that a lot of early PS1 and Saturn games have.

Immercenary - I think I need to play this for a while before I can comment properly on it. The first thing I noticed was the controls are really awkward and it's a little hard to navigate the map. Also, I have no idea what to do.

I have a question about the sampler CD I got. I was told it has a memory manager, but how do I access it?
Proud owner of a 3DO FZ-1!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Congrats on getting your 3DO! :D

Iron Angel certainly does have atmosphere going for it. If you like it you should know that it also has a sequel, which most think is surperior

I agree w/you on Total Eclipse, very smooth (especially for '93) and very tough.
Immercenary - I think I need to play this for a while before I can comment properly on it.
Good call! The game is really tough to get into, but once you get over the hump ...
You'll be in select company if you can persevere until the game gets great ... I think many have given up on it, which is a shame.

Btw, which sample disc did you get? Not everyone has a memory manager ... Crystal Dynamic's 'Sample This' doesn't, and the Interplay '3DO Buffet' doesn't either I believe.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

avanteproject
3DO ZERO USER

Post by avanteproject » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Trev wrote:Congrats on getting your 3DO! :D

Iron Angel certainly does have atmosphere going for it. If you like it you should know that it also has a sequel, which most think is surperior

I agree w/you on Total Eclipse, very smooth (especially for '93) and very tough.
Immercenary - I think I need to play this for a while before I can comment properly on it.
Good call! The game is really tough to get into, but once you get over the hump ...
You'll be in select company if you can persevere until the game gets great ... I think many have given up on it, which is a shame.

Btw, which sample disc did you get? Not everyone has a memory manager ... Crystal Dynamic's 'Sample This' doesn't, and the Interplay '3DO Buffet' doesn't either I believe.
It's just a Panasonic sampler that originally came with the FZ-1, it tells you about the CD,VCD, Photo CD features and has some mini games like pinball and a clip from Batman cartoon. I managed to find the memory manager anyway. Just press X on the start menu. I never saw it the first time. :roll:
Proud owner of a 3DO FZ-1!

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Congratulations on the 3DO purchase, I love Total Eclipse it's an amazing game for 1993 8)