I got a Wii!

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

I got a Wii!

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:39 pm

:D The above post says it all really. More to follow as I explore it more ...
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 pm

My parents got one for their grandkids for Christmas.

It was an all out gamesfest for about 4 weeks, the kids racking up to 11 hour play times (with breaks of course) for days on end and then... nothing.

My daughter asked to play the Xbox(original) the other day. I told her what about the Wii you got downstairs for Christmas. Your brother is not around and you keep complaining he hogs it.

She said "the games are better on the Xbox". :roll:

I'm sure if I had the 3do out she would have asked to play Road Rash..they just love beating that motorcyle cop up riding at 105 miles an hour :shock:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Well, the Wii is no 3DO of course ... :wink:

Actually, my fav thing thus far is the virtual console. I swore the collector in me would never do emulation when I could own the original with it's fancy artwork label, box, manual, extras, etc ...

But ... there is something to be said for the convience. Plus, it's great for old carts whose battery back-up is long since dead. And of course, I have access to some stuff for consoles I don't own (Neo Geo for instance)

Wii Ware is nice too. Downloaded a couple spisodes of Strong Bad's cool game for attractive people. Funny poin n' click goodness.

I'm glad to own it. Plus, since we etertain alot, it will work out great for it's multiplayer support.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 am

I swore the collector in me would never do emulation when I could own the original with it's fancy artwork label, box, manual, extras, etc ...
I'm hearing you. I only submit to other versions of games if the originals are too hard to source. :?

GeneStealer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by GeneStealer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:35 pm

i have a wii. the nintendo wii is a hackers dream. you can do all kinds of great stuff on it. but i would never do anything like that. :shock:

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:37 pm

I have a Wii also. :twisted: Sometimes I even like to play with it. :shock:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:01 pm

I like to play with the Wii too. :oops:
Ever play No More Heroes? Have to love the way you charge the sword!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:55 am

I recently got the netflix disc for my Wii ... I love being able to watch stuff instantly on my tv ... so much cooler than cramming round the laptop. :D

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:00 am

I like watching Youtube on the Wii.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Must have:

RETROCITYRAMPAEGE for Wii (video!)

http://www.retrocityrampage.com/

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:52 am

I've been following this since it was called Grand Theftendo. I still think the original idea was better rather than going WiiWare. It may possibly hurt the game's longevity.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:55 am

I might have to get that. looks cool.

Speaking of Wii. I Played through Metroid: Other M. Some people are bashing the game but I thought it was a pretty good game. I had fun playing it.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:17 pm

BryWI wrote:I might have to get that. looks cool.

Speaking of Wii. I Played through Metroid: Other M. Some people are bashing the game but I thought it was a pretty good game. I had fun playing it.
How is the control?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:30 pm

I didn't have much problems with the control at all and got used to it pretty quick. It is 3d, but it plays like the old 2d games. It's just not as constricting as the old 2d games, if that makes any sense at all. You have 360 degrees of movement, but you wont get stuck into some big open world where you cant see the walls, for the most part. Just about everything is rooms so you dont have to spend half your time trying to figure out which way you came from and how many different ways you can go.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:53 pm

I feel like the series is trying to throw back a bit too hard to the old games and is suffering for it.

And my god, waiting until you have permission to use the missiles? They can construct a better impassable waist-high fence, can't they?

What made it unplayable was listening to Samus, the baddest bounty hunter in the galaxy I have been told repeatedly, emo all over the place.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:08 am

See, I have heard all the complaints from everyone. And I really didn't have a problem with any of the complaints. I sometimes wonder if people just love to complain and not enjoy things. The game was fun in my opinion and thats all that really matters to me.

At least they gave a reason as to why you had to wait. And I think it's better than having to collect all the items again for no reason. In the series story line, that would be the 4th time you would have to collect all the power-ups again. And there was no reason given to any of the previous sequels as to why you had to re-collect everything.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:02 pm

BryWI wrote:And there was no reason given to any of the previous sequels as to why you had to re-collect everything.
Well there was an explanation in some of them, but yes I hated having to recollect everything all over again. However it was part of the structure of the games. Like Mega Man, he never kept all the weapons from the previous games.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:42 pm

I have to say: I liked Fragile Dreams. I'm not a Manga or Anime maniac, but the atmosphere was like... well, how was it? It was like the half dead Luna Park I visited, when I was in Prague two months ago. So, still under the influence of Fragile Dreams for Wii, I've made this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjYYADh2CRA

I tried to show the atmosphere of Fragile Dreams, without showing actual gameplay footage.
In the beginning the game sucked because of it's hide and seek games. But then, after the Hotel, it turned into a little piece of magic, with a soft horror touch.
It took me 13 hrs to complete the game. And I remember the cats. They seemed useless to gameplay, but for me, cats are melancholic.
I would have liked to choose Vangelis' track "Fields Of Coral" for my clip - but it's illegal you know.