54%
Flashback
46%

Total votes: 13

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Flashback or Out Of This World?

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 am

Flashback, for reasons stated in the other thread which I'm not gonna bother to repeat.

If this were the early 90's, I'd vote OOTW. But the wow factor of the new style graphics has long since worn off. When it boils down to gameplay, FB is a world beyond OOTW.

I like OOTW, don't get me wrong, but imho there is no real comparison when it comes down to which is the better game today. Flashback was, and still is, truly great! :D
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:36 am

Love both for varied reasons, but I will go with Flashback overall. In that one, I do enjoy the greater emphasis of the classic Prince of Persia style gameplay. OOTW is more straight-forward and arcade-like, for sure, but also requires the patience of a rock.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:18 am

I voted Out of this World. I love the eerie environment. And the music is just more fitting I guess. I could never get into Flashback, although I do realize that it's a bit more in depth then OotW.

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:10 pm

I prefer Another Word for the atmosphere and overall it was more interesting to play.