Anyone else dread cleaning their game room??

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Anyone else dread cleaning their game room??

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:40 am

I feel buried in game stuff. I stand in a room just moving things around and I still have to climb out. Whenever I find a duplicate system are the cords with it? Noooo. They are hiding somewhere in some box. Even systems I only have two of, the one I use has the cords the extra are off somewhere in some other pile. Still not Jaguar carts, did they walk off? Even if I started posting only duplicate SNESs I still don't know where the cords are! I do somehow have two completely boxed NES Action Sets. The first one is mine still with receipt but where the hell did the second one come from? I have the styrofoam for the very first release NES and ROB even has his paper covers to his gyros but where is the cardboard box? It didn't get ruined in "the flood". I keep finding things I don't even remember having. When I put up a trade post it is going to be so massive I'll have PMs coming out my ears.
Last edited by 3DO Experience on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 am

And of course (since I am apparently the catalyst that triggered the cleaning of said game room) I get first dibs, yes? :wink:

It could be worse ... in 6 months I am going to have to move my gameroom (and everything else we own) Ah well, I guess that is another way to go about cleaning it ...
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:23 am

Yep - mine is the same
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:17 am

mine is pretty clean, all the cords with the systems in boxes, some games on shelves, some in boxes all marked and cataloged either on the box itself or in the cart commander. the area is so cramped its just hard to move things to get to other things :)

my only dread is a flood that goes higher than 9 inches and just plain ole moving them to say another house
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:41 am

I know exactly how you feel 3DO Exp. Even with keeping a large part of my collection "off-site" I still had my gaming room stacked to where I couldn't really move in it. It's not a good feeling.
Especially when I would really like to have a room dedicated to 3DO.

And this is exactly what I am working on right now.

It all started about 6 months ago when I was offered $5k for a factory sealed game I had in my collection. I took the offer and it was at that point that I decided to start purging on a large scale. I have been selling items on Ebay every week for the last 6 months and have made some decent progress. The only restrictions are that I have not sold anything 3DO related, and I am also keeping some NES items.

After selling hundreds of items on Ebay over the last six months, I have simultaneously cleared space, made money, and raised my blood pressure to near fatal levels ...yay!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:33 pm

:o Cool! Can I dare ask what game fetched that amount?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Magical Chase.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Now that I am in a new beautiful flat, all gaming related things are in a heavy bureau cupboard, because, when people come in, it could look "not grown up" to see the stuff.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 pm

I've been through this too. I recently sold off loads of things. It's quite liberating.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:01 am

Trev, I might end up moving too, so part of sorting is also part of packing the stuff I won't use anytime soon. I want to buy a house but so far I have yet to find one I like.

Oh and bitrate, did I ever tell you how much I love NES stuff? :wink:

Lightning
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Lightning » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I do.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:45 pm

A little update. Pulled out some Sega Saturn games, and the extra Sega Saturn. I've got four SNES that I'll get rid of, there may be a fifth if there is one still in the box. The controllers are where I can get to them however the AV cords are nowhere to be found and the AC adapters are not in the box I thought they were. I found out that one of my "box of boxes" actually has some games in it. I can't seem to find that sharp angular 3DO pad I thought I bought and thought it was too uncomfortable. Does anyone recall selling me one of these?

I've decided to put up one of my Virtual Boys up for trade but I'll have to get something really good to part with it. Found a PC and a Trinitron monitor I didn't know I had. I figured out which of the NES Action Sets I remember buying. Found an extra boxed Super Game Genie. Found what looks like a box of promotional Star Wars Pod Racer T-shirts. I don't know how many there are but I'll prob keep one and trade off the others. Found some GameBoy items I forgot I had as well as some Mario toys.

I wanted to wait until I had everything sorted out but it takes up so much space!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Sometimes I think I may have too much game stuff, but you guys make me feel downright normal.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:03 pm

And to think, I didn't even mention finding the backpack that lets you feel punches and kicks in fighting games. :D

I have two, I'll be getting rid of the one that is still sealed.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:30 pm

bump

I found the video and power cords to the SNES consoles!
I thought they were in an L.A. Gear box... turns out I have two of them.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:13 am

3DO Experience wrote:bump

I found the video and power cords to the SNES consoles!
I thought they were in an L.A. Gear box... turns out I have two of them.
I have a forest of PS controllers. About 15? And about the same number of PS RF connectors. I have no idea where they come from.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Sad part is I went back in and the ACs were for regular NES

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:40 pm

I just remembered when one more SNES video cable is. I wanna go through my game room soooo bad, but I'm visiting my parents. I brought no game system and I think I've suffering from gamers' withdrawal.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Amazed you didn't think to bring a DS, Psp, or something.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Oh I thought about it but decided I needed a video game free vacation. It's hard, really hard.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Video game detox :wink:

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:19 pm

there's always those java nes emulator sites... hmm I'm not really helping here am I?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm back home now, I remembered I had a video game book on my thumb drive and that really helped yesterday.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:12 am

BURIED TREASURE

So it’s a Friday and I’m going though a box buried deep down in a pile. I had a little water damage to a lot of boxes a while back but most of the NES stuff wasn’t touching the floor, although it is now.

Looks like it’s just a bunch of NES game boxes.. oh some losse carts in rental cases... wait this one has... Holy Crap! Two unopened, still sealed boxes! But the one under isn’t NES !!!

BEHOLD MY BURIED TREASURE !

Tengen Rolling Thunder and Strahl tucked away and never even had the shrinkwrap removed!!!

I also had a Virtual Boy game still sealed but I didn't find it as impressive.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am

My store has started to look like the one in Black Books. I no longer give two shits, the clientelle has changed into a bunch of horrible people who try to trade crappy games for expensive ones and then threaten to dropkick me to their friends when they think I'm out of earshot.

So yeah, I dread cleaning this up when I close in a couple of months.

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:19 pm

What VB game did you find?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Mobius wrote:What VB game did you find?
I was wondering that also ...

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Still sealed tengen rolling thunder!!! That game was brutal.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Geeze it's already buried again. Japanese copy of Vertical Force (V Force). I could be remembering wrong as all my VB boxes have the shrinkwrap on them, open though. I was more excited about Strahl, I'm debating if I should open it or not. The shrinkwrap is old & brittle with age starting to come off a little and it's curved the box with continues shrinkage over the years. Next time I get to that box I'll pull out Rolling Thunder and the VB game & take a pic of all three.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:18 am

Keep the Strahl sealed, even if it looks kind of bad.. Hell, try to pawn it off if you already have an open copy? I understand it's not exactly the cheapest 3DO game (of course, it's not too expensive), but I would think the sealed factor would add some value to it.