3DO Audio Graphic Displays.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Auto-Fox
3DO ZERO USER

3DO Audio Graphic Displays.

Post by Auto-Fox » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:05 pm

I'm wondering something. The only 3DO I've ever actually used is the GoldStar model, and as a result, it's the only model on which I've seen the graphic display one can view while playing audio CDs.
I'm wondering, does each different 3DO model use a different display, based on the company, or are they all the same?
I ask this because I know that different companies have different boot screens for their respective 3DO models. Panasonic had the R.E.A.L start-up screen with the asteroids, and GoldStar had a simpler one reminiscent of a PowerPoint...
So, are the audio screens different for each console as well? Or is that part of the system software consistent in every model.
Furthmore, the CD player function itself. Are there any undocumented features, either in certain console versions or in all of them?
"C'mon, let's go give somebody a bad day!"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:18 pm

This is the panasonic one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPoV_9WoC4

Is it the same as the Goldstar?

cybdmn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by cybdmn » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:38 pm

The Sanyo have the same visualation, as in the youtube video.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:21 pm

That video is to the FZ-10, the FZ-01 uses a different background. Alas my Goldstar and Sanyo are boxed away.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Panasonic3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Panasonic3DO » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:08 pm

Reach out and touch Trip.

Rincewind
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rincewind » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:05 pm

I guess there is nothing all that different about the CD-Audio visuals between each console, except for the background and CD-Player display.

If I had the programming know-how I would write a mock-up of the FZ-1's visuals as a plugin for Winamp, and XMMS. I have ALWAYS wanted such a visual on my pc.

It is a pity that the nice folks who wrote FreeDO were not able to include such functionality in the emulator, but from what I can remember it would have been too complicated.

Oh well.
Sapient Pearwood?