Smoking.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Smoking.

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:01 am

Week 6.

I could kill for a smoke. I really could. A cup of coffee tomorrow in town and nice smooth Marlborough Light. Hmmm. Then another, and another, and other. Twenty later i feel sick, because going from zero to heavy smoking does that to you. The sore throat and the smell. Plus the sleepless nights during that quitting phase. That endless nagging in the back of your mind that you should stop. then that sense of being a failure.

I won't smoke tomorrow either. Someone hold my hand will they?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Smoking.

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:03 am

3DOKid wrote:...feel sick... The sore throat and the smell. Plus the sleepless nights
The disgusted looks of women who see your brown teeth, the children who don't want to hug you because you "smell stinky".

Six weeks, good for you! I know you can do it!

Just think of all the video games you can buy with the money you will save!!!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Smoking.

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:48 am

3DO Experience wrote:
3DOKid wrote:...feel sick... The sore throat and the smell. Plus the sleepless nights
The disgusted looks of women who see your brown teeth, the children who don't want to hug you because you "smell stinky".

Six weeks, good for you! I know you can do it!

Just think of all the video games you can buy with the money you will save!!!
My teeth never stained. I brush and floss twice a day. It's the only good habit I have. And I hate children but I see your point.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 am

I still enjoy a smoke here and there. I no longer smoke on a regular basis, though. I used to smoke a pack a day, easy. It got expensive, it was hard to breathe, and the constant mucus was annoying. Quitting certainly wasn't easy, but what worked for me was by getting sick. Smoking is awful for the immune system, it feels terrible to smoke while being sick, and generally I never want to touch a cigarette after I've been ill.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:23 pm

So yesterday was a victory for pure will power. I breezed past my old smoking haunts with no issue once I got going. Ta daaa! Another smoke free day. Go me!

Today is tough though. Woke up this morning intent on smoking something. Plus Mrs Kid is out, and I'm just waiting around. A Cigar was one thought I had. So, I went into town to get some lunch, and it's a nice day, and there was the coffee shop, and there was the cigerette shop, so, I just bought a newspaper and read it in the coffee shop. No cigerette. I thought I would die but I didn't. Tomorrow I'm in Tokyo for a week. So, the danger zone will be next wednesday.

I might take up coccain or hookers to take my mind off of cigerettes. (I'm kidding, I'm kidding...)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Good for you, and Tokyo? YAY!!! (Stop by Akiba and get me some Famicom disks!)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 pm

You're doing awesome! Keep it up! :D
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 am

Keep it up, consider this fight vs the smoking as a game, you're playing on the hard dificult, will you quit and game over or finish this game and show everyone that you're fucking hardcore?
Good luck!

Karny
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Karny » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:32 am

Keep going! It's the best thing you can do!

I gave up about 7 months ago... and I think it's the best thing I've ever done!

You'll know you're cured when they stop smelling nice... I can't stand the smell of them any more.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:56 am

Have you noticed that after quitting that other smokers now stink like a dirty ashtray? Eww, I hate it.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:21 am

In a few months you will be able to smell the smoke on yourself as well just by walking into a restaurant or bar that allows smoking.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Actually we have universal ban in the UK at pubs, bars and restaurants, but those stinky smokers are allowed here to smoke in public eating places.

So, I passed the test. I didn't cave.

My lungs hurt.

It's weird but apparently you aren't chemically addicted after 3 days. Just mental then at this stage? weird.

Any way I appreciate the support guys. I won't let you down :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 pm

In New York there is a "ban" on smoking in bars and restaurants but to get around it you can buy a license to allow people to smoke. In other words NY doesn't care about health they just wanted to charge businesses for something they used to do for free.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:14 am

3DO Experience wrote:In New York there is a "ban" on smoking in bars and restaurants but to get around it you can buy a license to allow people to smoke. In other words NY doesn't care about health they just wanted to charge businesses for something they used to do for free.
In fairness the smoking ban is killing some pubs in the UK apparently. And there is no loophole.