Sony's NGP

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Sony's NGP

Post by NikeX » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 pm

you can do with it what you can do with every other handheld / smartphone thingy PLUS: you can palpate on it's back like a pervert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osydmR6CkZk

3DS is next

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:08 am

Waiting to hear more about physical media. Otherwise it's got claims to some absurd power. I like it.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:09 am

Waiting to hear more about physical media. Otherwise it's got claims to some absurd power. I like it.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:59 am

Ohhh, I want it so badly...
Seriously, I always was a Sony fanboy(Ban request), I can't deny that even without good launch titles on it, I'll probably buy it anyway.
But hell, it has Uncharted, how it can possibly be a bad portable?

Auto-Fox
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Auto-Fox » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:17 am

An Uncharted TECH DEMO. They do that kind of crap just to show stuff off, y'know.
"C'mon, let's go give somebody a bad day!"

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:32 am

It's still Uncharted, and it's still better than the 3DS. :roll:

Auto-Fox
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Auto-Fox » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:02 am

To be honest, I'm not too excited about the 3DS either. It's all just a lot of gimmicks to me...
Plus, the fact that games will likely be download-only for these new portables just irks me big-time. I like having physical copies of my software.
"C'mon, let's go give somebody a bad day!"

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:44 am

Yes, I heard some inkling about storage media, but I refuse to directly endorse the age of digital non-ownership by the consumer.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:34 am

Yeah, no storage media = no buy for me.. Not that I'm really planning on buying any of these new handhelds anyway.. Need to cut back on gaming and adjust some bad spending habits.. bleh..

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:34 am

That's true, not being able to buy a physical copy of the game sucks, specially because I usually buy used games to save some money, and that ain't a possibility with digital media...
Bleh, now my hype ain't the same.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:04 am

Vance wrote:Yes, I heard some inkling about storage media, but I refuse to directly endorse the age of digital non-ownership by the consumer.
Spoken like a true retailer.

Although I agree. I think it reduces the value. I think a lot of these gaming industry initiatives, (DLC, Online) which centre mostly on saving costs and increasing profits probably work okay in the short term but they are narrow minded are in many ways ruin the whole experience. Basically, it's shit.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:32 pm

3DOKid wrote:I think a lot of these gaming industry initiatives, (DLC, Online) which centre mostly on saving costs and increasing profits probably work okay in the short term but they are narrow minded are in many ways ruin the whole experience. Basically, it's shit.
Agree, but unfortunately it's just a matter of time untill it completely take over the gamming (and probably movie) market. Back in the day (At least on my country) having a credit card, and an international credit card was pretty hard, nowadays everyone can have it, so it's easier to buy stuff online, that's just what they want, we buy the game online, they don't need to worry about the game manufactoring cost.

By the way, it's notable that some game companies like EA are alredy screwing people who buy retailed games, with those stupid VIP codes to play online. Seriously, having to BUY a code to play a mode alredy included on the game it's bullshit, and since I bought Bad Company 2 on retail and found ou I could not play it online, I decided to stop buying EA games.
Hope the PSP2 have physical medias, and I hope they don't make the same mistake they did with the PSP GO.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:05 pm

PSP2 isn't going to be download only, he'll use some kind of game cartidge manufactored by sony.
Hell yeah!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:22 am

Awesome, so now people will be able to complain that their games are too small. ;)

It would be sweet if they came in N-Gage-like cases where you can hold multiple games in one. Doubtful since Sony will want to make money off carrying cases, but whatever..

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:14 am

Tatsumaru wrote: By the way, it's notable that some game companies like EA are alredy screwing people who buy retailed games, with those stupid VIP codes to play online. Seriously, having to BUY a code to play a mode alredy included on the game it's bullshit, and since I bought Bad Company 2 on retail and found ou I could not play it online, I decided to stop buying EA games.[/color]
Command and Conquer 4. That's all I am saying. I have not been that angry since they cancelled Married with Children. (Can I hear a "Woah Bundy?")

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:55 pm

LOL I can't believe they even make stuff for the PSP still, now they want to make a PSP2? This is more pathetic than when Nintendo released the Model 2 NES, talk about beating a dead horse!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm a little suprised myself. The only thing I use mine for is movies (ripped naturally) and PS1 games (ripped naturally)

They sold half as many PSPs as they did Nintendo DS' which is a shed load, but aside from the Ridge Racers (which I did buy) which were awesome, piracy was the only legitimate reason to own one.

With an extended battery and 15 series of Married with Children or Intial D series or Sledge Hammer I can crawl through a 12 hour flight. This made the PSP a must own for me, aside from this, I don't see the point.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:08 pm

I never see anyone with them anymore, they either have a DS or a iPhone/iPod touch. I actually have a UMD of Ghost in the Shell but only because it was a freebie.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:09 pm

The fact that the Nintendo DS sold more than the PSP don't means that it's a better console.
I own both the DS and the PSP and I think the PSP has much better and SERIOUS games than the DS which is basically a minigames plataform.
Little Big Planet, Resistance: Retribution, Both GTA and some other games stole a lot of my time on the PSP.
But it's a matter of taste, and mine it's obvious, I love the PSP.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Yeah, the DS is more about casual gaming, Serious gamers know enough to stick to consoles and PCs.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Any time I try to use something for the DS aside from My Japanese Coach, it feels like I'm just desperate to justify the purchase price. Between arcade collections, legitimately fun Sony titles, and some ambitious third party stuff, my PSP gets a ton more use on the road.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Out of my portables the Yobo FC16 GO (portable SNES), gets the most play.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:37 pm

Oh yeah. Kill Zone on the PSP is a must have, and to be fair, Ace Combat X on the PSP was excellent.

I have a DS but haven't really used it. Mrs Kid got a new DS for Christmas and irritated me with Professor Layton (which is something of a Christmas tradition around these parts)

I've ummmed and arrrred about a Nintendo 3DS because I want to see the technology, but I don't think I'll be getting a PSP2 on day one.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:16 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Out of my portables the Yobo FC16 GO (portable SNES), gets the most play.
FC 16 GO hardly qualifies as a "portable" video game. :lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:38 pm

I was excited when I first got my Psp, but I have to admit that it has dissapointed me as far as games go. I do like its other features, but strictly for games it can't, imho, touch the unique, original, and varied library of the DS.

@3DOEXp ... the model 2 NES is awesome! Goodbye blowing in the carts to make them run! The dog bone control pad is slick too. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 am

I still have the first DS. I call it DS Heavy. I play it for about 15 mins before bed quite often. I'm usualy playing some RPG on it to call my nerves so I can sleep. Im very interested in the 3DS but I dont make as much money as I used to and im trying not to dip too much into the bank account.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:25 pm

Tatsumaru wrote:FC 16 GO hardly qualifies as a "portable" video game. :lol:
LOL barely qualifies is a little more accurate. hehehe But I use it with my flash cart so that makes it a little more portable without tons of carts.

I still have the original GameBoy.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:29 pm

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:46 pm

it looks PS1 +1. hugely impressed.

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:42 pm

The 3DS fails to impress me, GT on the PSP has way better graphics than that car game, Nintendogs don't look much diferent from the DS version and that camera on Street Fighter IV is awful, and super combos only touching the screen? Talk about playing Street Fighter on Easy mode...
Seriously, nintendo gotta do better than making a new Nintendo DS with PSP graphics to impress me.