Collectors corner

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Collectors corner

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:44 am

Just had a thought. Would people like their own threads for their collections. I know I would. Perhaps a dedicated 'Here is my collection" forum with your very own thread? You can post in here when you update it.

Just a thought.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 pm

As a concept I don't mind it, but these forums already have an insane number of stickies to cross each and every timd.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:59 pm

That's not a bad idea Kid, we can give it it's own area. Oh and don't worry Vance, I've been thinking of cleaning up the stickies lately.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Re: Collectors corner

Post by bitrate » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 pm

3DOKid wrote:Just had a thought. Would people like their own threads for their collections. I know I would. Perhaps a dedicated 'Here is my collection" forum with your very own thread? You can post in here when you update it.

Just a thought.

I think this is a great idea.

As it stands now, the 3DO collection thread is only going to get more cumbersome as more and more collections are appended to that thread.

A dedicated collection forum will also make it much easier to search collections by owner.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:36 pm

I notice grand_barbare collection today became even more impressive, but due to loading times, and pages and stuff, it's not easy to appreciate it.

The stickies need moving to separate forum and replaced with 'go here first' or something. 3DO Experience is the grand master of this type of stuff -- so I'll just go with her thoughts.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:00 am

Yeah I was going to talk to you privately about moving the stickies to a "top topics" forum or something like that.

Sorry I would have done the collections by now but there was a family emergency but all is turning out ok. I'm still coming down off of the emotions. Hopefully I can get to the collections this weekend. Some people like barbare will automatically get their own thread, others will be asked if they want their own.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 pm

3DO Experience wrote: Sorry I would have done the collections by now but there was a family emergency but all is turning out ok. I'm still coming down off of the emotions.

Glad to hear that everything turned out ok. I was just thinking the other day of how it had been a while since you had lasted posted (at least a while for you, as you visit hear quite religiously :wink: )

3DO Experience wrote: Hopefully I can get to the collections this weekend. Some people like barbare will automatically get their own thread, others will be asked if they want their own.

This will be nice.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks for the kind words, after I finish reading the new posts I'm going to clean up the stickies.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Stickies are cleaned up, I'm working on the Collector's section. I need to start sending out some PMs. :roll:

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 pm

i think you need a sticky to remind people that the sticky threads have been moved :P
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Collectors corner

Post by grand_barbare » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:19 pm

3DOKid wrote:Just had a thought. Would people like their own threads for their collections. I know I would. Perhaps a dedicated 'Here is my collection" forum with your very own thread? You can post in here when you update it.

Just a thought.
good idea! :D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Lemmi wrote:i think you need a sticky to remind people that the sticky threads have been moved :P
Good thinking, and then another sticky on the appropriate use of stickies.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 pm

3DOKid wrote:
Lemmi wrote:i think you need a sticky to remind people that the sticky threads have been moved :P
Good thinking, and then another sticky on the appropriate use of stickies.
:lol:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Great idea.
Altought I won't post my collection yet, there's a lot of great consoles to be bought yet. (Yes Dreamcast, I'm looking at you!)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun May 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Just an update, the Collectors' Corner is now open to all. So go raid it with your collections.