Where is the Homebrew at?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:53 am

I just heard back from Andy Looney. Keep your fingers crossed all. If this works out well, I might be able to get you all a copy of Ice Breaker II. :wink: I hopefully will know in the next day or two . . .
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Tell him to check his personal e-mail. LOL
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:17 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Tell him to check his personal e-mail. LOL
I will. However, he is sending me a copt of Ice Breaker II so I can give out free copies of the game to the community. Very cool and hopefully everyone gets one!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 am

He and I have started popping messages back and forth. Since I already have a copy and I can rework that he said you can get it from me. Andy also said he sent you the artwork that Dave Bondi did. I should be getting it as well. We did it !!! A second release!!!!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:26 am

3DO Experience wrote:He and I have started popping messages back and forth. Since I already have a copy and I can rework that he said you can get it from me. Andy also said he sent you the artwork that Dave Bondi did. I should be getting it as well. We did it !!! A second release!!!!
Excellent. So I guess I get to wait with everyone else now for the iso? :cry: It's all good. At least I'll get to play it.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 am

Go ahead with your cover, I want to put it in the download. If you want a template I have one. Plusssss how about a DVD featuring Andy Looney himself introducing the game!?!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 am

3DO Experience wrote:Go ahead with your cover, I want to put it in the download. If you want a template I have one. Plusssss how about a DVD featuring Andy Looney himself introducing the game!?!
Can I play the DVD on my 3DO system? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome stuff. I'm glad this is happening now. 8) You hit him high and I got him low! It worked! :wink:

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:41 am

Nice work guys. :)

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 am

It's nice that you guys were able to talk with Andy. Frankly, I'm surprised he isn't burned out on the whole idea with what happened with Oldergames.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:00 am

Way to go! I already bought a copy of Ice Brealer II back in the day, but this is great for those who missed out. Yay! :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 am

Excellent that it was released, so now, how do we get some of the other games that were unreleased done now? With the encryption Broken, it would be really cool to get some of these other games out and playable for us.

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:26 am

I tried encrypting Shootout at Old Tucson, but didn't have much luck. Not that it was playable, though. It was one of the 3DO-based arcade games, like Orbatak, and needs something to emulate a coin input to start. All you can do is watch the attract mode.

Plus it's a lightgun game, and I don't have a 3DO lightgun.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:29 am

Well let's see... Onside & PowerSlide are still being sold, Icebreaker 2 is out again, an alpha & beta of Killing Time are available...

Orbatak is somewhat pointless as it would need it's controls re-written. Anyone know how to do this? Even with only mouse support?

Decathlon deserves to be released and I have the original image before OG had their hands on it.

Footie is quite incomplete and I haven't tried a clean-up & resigning of it but it might not be too hard.

gee... maybe some of those might get leaked in the near future... :wink: What does everyone think of that?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Shootout_at_Old_Tucson_. If anyone can write new controls for that it would be great. Kinda a small image compared to Mad Dog 1&2...

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:48 am

3DO Experience wrote:Orbatak is somewhat pointless as it would need it's controls re-written. Anyone know how to do this? Even with only mouse support?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Shootout_at_Old_Tucson_. If anyone can write new controls for that it would be great. Kinda a small image compared to Mad Dog 1&2...
We need someone who is REALLY GOOD at programming in assembly. It's fairly trivial to disassemble the binary, but good luck understanding any of it. :( But I assembled a couple of basic apps a few years ago and had them running in FreeDO, so it should be possible to edit a game.

Also, I'd be interested in Decathlon. It seemed like it was in a fairly playable state.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:29 am

It was completely playable. You had to learn how to play each game. I was going to make a manual but never got around to it.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 am

3DO Experience wrote:It was completely playable. You had to learn how to play each game. I was going to make a manual but never got around to it.
You got me on Decathlon as well. I'd also love to see Golden Gate as I know the Image is out there as well as Escape From Planet Klamptrops. I saw a Youtube vid of that one awhile back and was just trippin' on it. Looked cool, in that weird 3DO style way. You can so tell it's a 3DO game for sure. :wink:

Oh, and does anyone know if Waterworld is playable? I'd love to see that one too. And lastly, what ever happened to the English version of Policenauts? I drool for that one as I adore Snatcher and want to play this one bad!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Well if those disc images ever show up I'd get right on it :)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:43 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Well if those disc images ever show up I'd get right on it :)
Yeah, just what I was saying. To be honest, I think I would be all over anything that is unreleased just to see what it would be like on the 3DO. I was so happy back in the day when I saw that "The 11th Hour" was coming, and then it just never released. I wanted to cry. I even pre-ordered that one from Software Etc. They weren't happy that they had to refund my money. :lol:

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:55 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:Well if those disc images ever show up I'd get right on it :)
I was so happy back in the day when I saw that "The 11th Hour" was coming, and then it just never released. I wanted to cry. I even pre-ordered that one from Software Etc. They weren't happy that they had to refund my money. :lol:
Does anyone know if any development was done on this one?

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Austin wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:
I was so happy back in the day when I saw that "The 11th Hour" was coming, and then it just never released. I wanted to cry. I even pre-ordered that one from Software Etc. They weren't happy that they had to refund my money. :lol:
Does anyone know if any development was done on this one?
I have always been under the impression that it was finished. Not for sure 100% though as I never physically saw it.