3DO SCART RGB viable settings to apply to the XRGB-3

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
Virtual Audio QSound
3DO ZERO USER

3DO SCART RGB viable settings to apply to the XRGB-3

Post by Virtual Audio QSound » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:12 am

Tested on a Panasonic FZ-10 model.

I also posted this at the Shmups System Forum 11. If your 3DO is SCART RGB modded adjusting these functions as shown will benefit your gaming experience greatly.

==============================

Low Pass Filter: ON

NTSC AFC: Manual

AFC Level: 3-5

NTSC DC MAN: 3639

RGB-21 Term. 220 ohms

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... start=3030

In a nutshell: Turning LPF on erases harsh interference lines. Placing AFC between those numbers can prevent blackouts, sync loss. Pulling back resistors on ohms will force out artifacts. Make those 2D games seem more crisp, less pixelated. These are the most viable settings I could use to tap 3DO's RGB potential. Does anyone else have the XRGB-3 here?

I use to use the 3DO with the XRGB-3 for S-Video. It looked OKAY my only problem was washed out colors. I'm grateful the SCART solution takes care of that. I noticed S-Video doesn't require any adjustments unlike RGB. On another note, I was shocked to learn the 3DO has a max resolution of 640x480. If costs for the system weren't high enough back then Panasonic could have incorperated a native VGA input. Just sayin' that would've been hot, save me the trouble of getting this thing modded, lol.

In any event looks like I'm playing it in VGA via RGB GAME-IN port so in essence it is using VGA Out. Looks like 3DO found it's way to VGA after all hehe.
~Panasonic 3DO R.E.A.L. Interactive Multiplayer~

Aw yeah. 3DO is the real deal.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:16 am

Uh-oh.. It looks like we have a shmupper here. :shock:

:wink:

Virtual Audio QSound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Virtual Audio QSound » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Shmups are my livelihood, so are fighting games, platformers, and beat-'em-ups. :)

Speaking of shmups I wonder if 3DO houses any.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:07 am

I've been playing a lot of shmups lately myself. Never been able to score well (generally play for survival, for the sake and safety of my controllers), but yeah.. I'm on that forum too (same name). I just got a rotating LCD monitor stand in the mail the other day.. Been spending the last few nights playing MAME shmups TATEd, the proper way. :)

The 3DO doesn't have any shmups outside of a mini game found in this multi-game pack the 3DOKID wrote about here: http://fz1-3do.blog.co.uk/2006/09/04/fl ... d~1096830/

I've tried tracking down that collection, but it's generally not cheap enough for my liking.

Virtual Audio QSound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Virtual Audio QSound » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:40 am

So your on there too Austin? This is great we are long lost brother-shmupers! XD

Shmups are great, I tend to play casually as to not wear out this genres novelty. Ashame they didn't release any single disc shmups on Panasonic's flahship legacy hardware. That would have been epic.