Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 18, 2011 2:28 am

It's nice to have more 3DO team members on the Forums. Hopefully we can expect more of your insightful posts as they have been so far. Welcome!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Wed May 18, 2011 11:55 am

in May 2010 the Aussie Atomic PC mag ran an article on the 3DO console. It motivated me to respond on the Atomic web site under another name though. Its prolly gonna be one of those sites you have to "register" just to see the forums.
Last edited by Dr.Enceladus on Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Wed May 18, 2011 12:40 pm

...yep, found it. 3DO rox is the name of the thread. i was the only one to respond to my own post via a paranoid double post, it has been viewed one hundred and sixty eight times to date, so, ..now, i feel kinda special. :) , the link to pic in the post i added no longer works so dun waste ur time clicking on it. :!:
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

pwhippedpow
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pwhippedpow » Wed May 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Im pwhippedpow, I live in Bakersfield, Ca. USA. I had an FZ-1 back in 1994 when they were $600! Ouch. My brother bought it for us and we became and instant fan!!

Im 28 now and hes 33 and we still are fans of the 3DO!

I found this site through 3dokid on youtube, now im a registered user.

Im glad to see there is a huge fan base of the 3do still.
*You may take our land.... but you will never take.... MY 3DO!!*

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Nice to have you aboard.

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Thu May 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi everyone, I'm thrilled to have found a 3DO forum! Fantastic!

I originally found out about the 3DO about a year before it's release here in the UK through Edge magazine (issue 6 or 7 or something), ordered all its back issues and bought anything and everything to do with the 3DO from then on. Didn't actually get my own though until about 18 months after the launch, so even though I had originally wanted a FZ-1 I ended up falling in love with the FZ-10, much to the delight of my parents' wallets!

Between launch of the FZ-1 and the Christmas I got my FZ-10 I collected all of the 3DO Magazines so had a huge collection of demo discs by the time I got my machine, and was able to buy quite a lot of games after that, even though the whole idea of a new standard wasn't proving the success we'd all hoped. But I remained true and kept hope alive! But at the end of the day, I was loving every minute I had with that machine for the next few years, whether it was a success or not, and isn't that what counts? :)

All these years later, and recently I've been selling a lot of crap on eBay and especially made a mint from an old Zelda GBA SP and some Nintendo magazine freebies, with the intention of saving the money away. Instead, I discovered this auction on eBay and, realising I had more than enough in PayPal to win it, I just had to! And yup, I won - this picture was taken in my living room yesterday about an hour after this was delievered:

Originally I was intending to sell the FZ-1 to make some money back, but it really is a thing of beauty! So now I'm keeping both and am actually going to go and buy a stand for them today or tomorrow! :D I got a good selection of top games with it too, so now I'll be looking to buy all those games I loved as a teen, and reading over the 3DO Magazine Special Edition I still own to see what else I should be tracking down - can't wait!

Sorry for rambling on, I'm just so excited to be back in the 3DO fold - seriously! But that's my 3DO history, I suppose I should say a little about me...

I work for BBC Audience Services.
I live in Belfast.
I'm newly single and enjoying the single life again.
I'm a big fan of Doctor Who (you may have guessed), old 80's/90's UK comics, swimming, sharks, Bond, 80's movies/TV/music, my Commodore 64 (but also enjoy a lot of new TV like Hawaii Five-0, Battlestar, Spartacus etc) ... (hmm... with all this retro stuff you may think I'm just "clinging to my youth", but I prefer to say simply "I know what I like" ;) )

Thrilled this place is here and looking forward to mucking in! :)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi. Been lurking the forums on and off for a year or more. Figured i might as well join, since i also need some guy's help in a thread ill make.

Im from Sweden, been collecting 3DO items for about 10-11 years, after getting my FZ-1 in 95 or so. I initially didnt have much games etc for it but after a few years i began collecting.

I know have some of the holy grails, fridge magnets and even a 3DO jacket.

Anyway, i usually dont post much in forums, but here i am.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Glad you joined. Welcome.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 pm

grimm wrote:Hi. Been lurking the forums on and off for a year or more. Figured i might as well join, since i also need some guy's help in a thread ill make.

Im from Sweden, been collecting 3DO items for about 10-11 years, after getting my FZ-1 in 95 or so. I initially didnt have much games etc for it but after a few years i began collecting.

I know have some of the holy grails, fridge magnets and even a 3DO jacket.

Anyway, i usually dont post much in forums, but here i am.
Hello Mate,

Thanks for joining in, I appreciate it. If you have good 3DO stuff, please take some pictures and pop it in the collectors corner. We all like to see that stuff.

On another note: I used to work for a Swedish dot.com company, back in '97 and I still rank Sweden as one of the best places on Earth to visit. It's a beautiful place. So, erm, just so you know :)

Welcome aboard.

Will

eki-sanqua
3DO ZERO USER

Post by eki-sanqua » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:24 am

I already started a topic about my upcoming article on the machine, but I forgot to introduce myself here first.

I am French, but live in Japan, and I have been a gamer for as long as I can remember, from ORIC-1 (5 y.o.) up till now on new generation games machines. I have had (and still keep) most of the machines I grew up with, while I do not "collect" stuff for the purpose of collecting...

I did not have a 3do when it came out but was really impressed at the time vs what I was playing with. I bought mine in Japan a while back (FZ-1 model) and I have been enjoying it since.

In Japan I am on the lookout for japanese 3do titles, and recently got a hand on Policenauts as well as the Policenauts pilot disk. (thats a game I really liked so I wanted to get it again on 3do).

If I ever find anything very special about 3do in Japan, I will gladly share it with you guys.
SANQUA magazine -> http://www.sanqualis.com

master_ov_reality
SPAMMER

Post by master_ov_reality » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Howdy all. My name's Matt, and I've been into gaming since I got a NES in my younger years. For the last few years I've been focusing my efforts solely on retro games, and after a long stretch of morbid curiousity I finally took the plunge and grabbed a Japanese Pana FZ-1 just last week. Since then I've gone on a bit 3DO mad, accumulating some 30 odd games in the space of a week. The console showed up yesterday, but I haven't yet been able to play it (still waiting on a step down converter), and with me off for a week tomorrow, it'll be sitting there unplayed for another week before I finally get to give it a spin :(

While I'm here, I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to this community for the all the game reviews and for keeping the memory alive. I'm sure I wouldn't have my 3DO had I not stumbled on this forum (and I'd probably have a far worse selection of games to get me started too haha).

Now the formalitites are out of the way, you may now return to your games and fun.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:10 pm

A welcome to the new guys. :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Greetings & welcome!
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Hello everyone, I am Calavera. I used to post at the Dcemulation forums years ago but now you can mostly find me at blueguerilla.org. I have always wanted a 3DO but I could never find one for that right price, and I always got outbid on ebay. Finally a few days ago I had some luck and found a Goldstar 3DO for $5. Only thing is it didn't have a controller but a found a brand new in the box FZ-JP1X for $9.99. So all in all I think I got a pretty good deal.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Calavera wrote:Hello everyone, I am Calavera. I used to post at the Dcemulation forums years ago but now you can mostly find me at blueguerilla.org. I have always wanted a 3DO but I could never find one for that right price, and I always got outbid on ebay. Finally a few days ago I had some luck and found a Goldstar 3DO for $5. Only thing is it didn't have a controller but a found a brand new in the box FZ-JP1X for $9.99. So all in all I think I got a pretty good deal.
Greetings and Salutations.

And yes, you got a good deal there matey.

3DOKid.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 am

Welcome to the forums! I used to visit dcemulation quite a lot before finding this place. I hope you enjoy it here.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 am

3DO Experience wrote:Welcome to the forums! I used to visit dcemulation quite a lot before finding this place. I hope you enjoy it here.
Really? What was your name over there? I started posting there in 2002 someone from Dcemu created blueguerilla.org so I moved over there with a lot of ppl in about 2006 because the staff got so ridiculous at Dcemu.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:10 am

I wasn't a member just read the posts, downloaded files... hehe. It's sad what happened there, it was a nice place.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:17 am

What happened there exactly? I basically did the same.. simply downloaded homebrew stuff then went on my way.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:19 am

I think the official story was someone hacked the site and trashed all the files. Everything was lost but supposedly the hacker copied it all first.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:51 am

Wow.. that's not cool. :shock:

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:37 am

3DO Experience wrote:I think the official story was someone hacked the site and trashed all the files. Everything was lost but supposedly the hacker copied it all first.

I remember there was more to it than that, I asked over at blueguerilla.org and this is what one of the old members remembered, basically a user named darc was an an admin and had FTP access. The site went to .org because 007Cheater (the owner of the site) was promoting his other site and spamming on what was supposed to be a DC only wiki/front page and there might have been other reasons too. When the site split the .com version was deleted.

After that Cheater blamed hackers and tried to resurrect .com by uploading an old version of the site and a back up of the forums. Xylene & Elmer became admins of the forum.

So the site is still up to this day, it is just .org and not .com, not that it is worth visiting anymore you won't get any helpful advice there. I think there are probably around ten or so active members there anymore.

So what does everyone think of me so far? :P Am I welcomed addition to the 3DO community or should I hit the road lol

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:06 am

Wow, thanks for the details. I like you so far, but I have been called trigger happy on the ban button. :wink:

enjoybellwoods
3DO ZERO USER

Post by enjoybellwoods » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Just recently started getting interested in gaming after a few years of lost interest, mostly through watching Youtube videos of rare and obscure computer games. I suddenly remembered I own a 3DO and barely own any games for it. I did buy a couple off Ebay a few years ago, but I quickly lost interest.

Being a part of a community like this, I feel, will invigorate me to further investigate a console I forgot about and gave none of my time to. I was a bit disappointed by 3DOkids' "Top 5" 3DO game vid on YouTube. It seems the community favors a bunch of games that I've played on other platforms, but that's how I found my way over here. I wanted to see what the community has to say about the 3DO and I'm pleased with all the bits and bobs all over the place.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Regarding the top 5, even though you may be able to play the games elsewhere, they usually aren't as good as the 3DO versions. Wing Commander III, Star Control II, and (especially) Need for Speed are much better on the 3DO console than elsewhere.

As for Gex & Road Rash, even though they were eventually ported (w/little enhancement) they are always associated w/3DO.

The nominations list at the start of the vid has some good choices too.

Be sure to check 3DOKids blog, & the reviews here on the forum also.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Ok hi all I am new here, found the CD-i forum and was directed over here so I guess I will say hi and explain what it is I am after.

Me I remember reading about 3DO in gaming mags, watching commercials for it on tv, and hearing about it from the video store guy who I rented all my video games from back then. I always wanted one but never had one. I remember what initially drew me to the console was two things, 1 Street Fighter and Samurai Showdown, and 2 Video CD's. Which is kind of what brings me here in a way.

So a little about me is in order, I am a big time movie nerd and collector I love movies, of all time periods all genres and everything new and old and inbetween. I am also going to school to make movies that is my passion right now I am doing a promotional film for my local chamber of commerce and hopefully that plus what I am doing in school can lead me to where I want to go. Besides watching movies I also love to collect movies especially old and obscure formats like Super 8, Beta Max, Super VHS, VCD, LaserDisc, etc. Yeah I also collect new stuff too DVD, HD-DVD and Blu Ray but my passion is for movies knows no bounds and I don't care just for new flashy I also care about film history.

I am also huge into video games but mostly older classic stuff, the newest console I liked was GameCube but even that was very few games I enjoyed mostly I am into Atari, Nintendo and Sega plus some of the rare and obscure stuff like 3DO, 32X, Amiga, and the like. I am not as into video games as I used to be so I am kinda getting away from that but my passion for movies continues to grow in it's place.

I came here because I stumbled upon the cd-i forum looking for US video cd information and was directed here too so I might look around and do some chatting up if I like the people and I hope to get some questions answered as I am full of questions so bare with me there.

Other than that not much to tell other than I like comic books sci fi, anime and of course Star Wars too so those are other topics I might get in on who knows.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 am

Hey, glad you made it over.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 am

yeah it looks like there is more activity here, does not guarantee I will get all my questions answered but gives better odds anyways.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 am

Welcome to all the new people. Glad that you all found your way here and hope you can stay a while.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:41 am

how long I stay depends on how long it takes to get all my questions answered and how friendly the people are and how informative this places becomes.