3DO Saved Files Question

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

3DO Saved Files Question

Post by Calavera » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:01 am

When I bought my Goldstar 3DO it had several saved files on it for some reason I don't want to delete some of them without loading them up and checking them out. (lol I know it's weird) But some of the games I don't know what they are. Here are the files I am wondering about

Drive (172 blocks)
Gex_Videos (1524) Gex has no saved files, so I don't understand what this file is.
Drive HS (2144)

The biggest save on the system is Quar_Save_game while I figure that is for Quarntine I can't believe it is a whopping 8256!

I checked out the Theme Park saves that was on the system, which was a challenge in itself. When I went to load game nothing would load. I then figured out that you had to type in the name on the save file to be able to load the game. Only 2 of them even had a game to load. The system must have been locally owned because one of the parks was named Kings Island which is an amusement park near here.

I expected a big park to be built since one file was 5922 and the other was 5317! But it was just blank with the park. Strange that such a large file contained nothing.

Just deleting the Theme Park save brought me from 28107 used 4661 Free all the way up to 15620 used, 17148 free. Not bad at all seems like Theme Park is quite the memory hog!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:05 am

I think the Drive ones are Need for Speed.

The 2nd is when Gex saves via the videotape. Not sure what you meant by "no saved files" but the game doesn't used passwords like the other 32-bit ports.

If there is a Quarantine save, delete it! Its hogging valuable space, and the game isn't that good anyway. :P

Theme Park is a pig when it comes to memory. Others to watch for (off the top of my head) are Alone in the Dark, and some sport games.

A game guru is worth tracking down, imho, as it can compress save files.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Jones
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Jones » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Am currently playing "Bioshock" on my Mac and recently
realized that a single savegame is 20 Megabytes big! :shock:

What the hell...?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:29 pm

I agree with Trev on all file name. But I do think Quarantine is a fun game. Using the Guru to compress files can be a life saver.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"