No justice in this world.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

No justice in this world.

Post by knightintosh » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:13 am

When I got my 3DOs recently I also got a good handful of games and these included some doubles. I thought I'd sell the doubles on eBay, basically to make some money to buy more games.

I sold a copy of Road Rash, with complete box, inlays and instructions and it only sold for 99p at auction.

However, a copy of Doom(!!), CD only in a basic jewel box, no inlay and no instructions goes for £9.00!?!

Poor Road Rash!

avanteproject
3DO ZERO USER

Post by avanteproject » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Why didn't you set a higher starting price?
Proud owner of a 3DO FZ-1!

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Been selling a lot of stuff recently and if starting price is under £1 it's free to put on, so always put a starting price of 99p. Hasn't stopped me getting top money for some things though :) Plus for 3DO games there's some Buy It Now items but plenty of auctions starting out that low anyway.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:11 pm

I always start everything at 99p. People will only pay what they feel it's worth. Which is a shame in this case. When I put stuff on eBay, normally it's just to get shut of it. So I start at 99p and accept that not everything is going to sell for what I want. Plus I do free shipping too :)

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:18 pm

I'll always weigh what I'm sending and then use the Royal Mail Price Checker and charge what they state. Can't stand those people who obviously try to make profit from their postage costs!

The most money I made recently was from a GameBoy Advance, the gold Legend Of Zelda edition machine. I'd bought it for £10 last year in Cash Converters and sold it there a couple of months ago on eBay, starting it at 99p and it sold for £90!! I've that to thank for getting my 3DOs :D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 pm

I flogged off loads of stuff recently and bought stuff to make 80W Atom PC server. Which works rather well :)

prabmire
3DO ZERO USER

Post by prabmire » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:15 am

If you haven't already posted off road rash i'll give you £5 plus post for it and you can just cancel the transaction with the buyer ;)

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:36 am

Ive never gone to sell any 3DO games, but i have recently had simular experiences with some NEO-GEO MVS carts i sold. i put a heap on one week, and they all went quite high, 6 weeks later i put on a few more, 4 of which were the same as some id recently sold cause i had alot of doubles and triples, and they sold for stuff all!! If id waited a week, i may have doubled my money!! :lol: :lol:

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 am

prabmire wrote:If you haven't already posted off road rash i'll give you £5 plus post for it and you can just cancel the transaction with the buyer ;)
Thanks for the offer but I can't do that lol :lol:
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:Ive never gone to sell any 3DO games, but i have recently had simular experiences with some NEO-GEO MVS carts i sold. i put a heap on one week, and they all went quite high, 6 weeks later i put on a few more, 4 of which were the same as some id recently sold cause i had alot of doubles and triples, and they sold for stuff all!! If id waited a week, i may have doubled my money!! :lol: :lol:
It can be down to timing, for example memorabilia to do with an old movie when a sequel or remake is coming out, but a lot is also down to luck as well, who happens to be looking for the item at the time just.

When the first Transformers movie was coming out I was looking to sell all my old 80s comics but ended up looking at them, reading some and then deciding I wanted to keep them and fill the gaps. When trying to buy issue 1 from 1984 I remember it went for around £170!! Only a few months later and I got it for £18. Timing and also different people bidding make all the difference I guess.

Same when I bought my C64 last year. I was bidding on one which was just the machine and leads etc and a joystick and it ended up going for £150+. My max bid was £50, so I gave up. The very next week I got mine with a whole load of games for £38!