mobile phones and this forum

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

mobile phones and this forum

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:01 am

I palmed my iphone off and got an android phone and browsing this forum is a real joy with it.

I can post and navigate and everything ;)

My entire company is now apple obsessed. So I run linux and use android now and refer to all Apple products as accesorized corporate handbags. One of my peers nearly lost his temper with me over the iPad, and my distain for it. My arguement was that computers should be accessable to all and free to use as you wish. For the price of 1ipad you can have 3 netbooks and do what you want with them.

...which was dangerous territory since my company makes appliances...[/list]

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:47 pm

I still have a razr. lol. It hasn't broke yet so I'm keeping it. I'm not a big txter or internet on the cell user anyways.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:03 pm

I had this Nokia I paid a buck for. It had all the buttons and everything. Then I accidentally took it swimming with me in the Golf of Mexico.

Does anybody actually notice the outdoors anymore?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Vance wrote:I had this Nokia I paid a buck for. It had all the buttons and everything. Then I accidentally took it swimming with me in the Golf of Mexico.

Does anybody actually notice the outdoors anymore?
Outdoors? Where was that again?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:00 am

I think thats whats beyond the door on the front of the house. I dont venture out there much more than once or twice a week anymore. ha.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:06 am

Okay, get me if I'm wrong here, but I think it's especially thick in Los Angeles.

Or does EVERYBODY own one now? I'm a bit blind, I see this place as the self-entitlement capital of the FREAKING WORLD. But no fail, I can get the same reaction out of 98% of the people who live here as if Los Angeles was full of somatic clones of Pavlov's dog cross-bred with humans who weigh 98 pounds:

"I don't have a cell phone, actually."

"How do you LIVE without a cell phone?"

Always phrased the same way, always emphasis on the same word, always with this saucer-eyed stare at the Cro-Magnon who is scratching his head and staring at peoples' asses to distract him from the fact that he is horribly right.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:15 am

I always tend to feel a bit of peace when my cell phone breaks or dies. It's like it's one less thing to keep track of. Of course, being so used to having it on me at all times, I get it replaced quickly.

BTW, this site works fine from my iPhone.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:41 am

Well my parents, who live in the center of England, in basically a place so remote hobbits think that it's a bit out of the way, in a hut, where my father leads the hunting campaigns with his mighty boom-stick, and his new fangled wheel thing... they both have mobile phones.

Although, i wish i didn't.
Last edited by 3DOKid on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:26 pm

I never had a cell phone for the longest time. I really didn't get one until like 2 years ago when I finally decided to stop riding the bus and buy a car. It's a peace of mind issue that if my car was to break down somewhere, I won't be stranded. I ended up starting to use it more though once I had it. Like i previously stated, I still have a razr phone but it works for what I use it for and it's all I need. I'll use my free upgrade when the thing finally croaks.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:00 pm

i still dont own a cell phone, and ive only used a cell phone 3 times in my life and the last time i used one was back in 2000
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Lemmi wrote:i still dont own a cell phone, and ive only used a cell phone 3 times in my life and the last time i used one was back in 2000
You're not missing anything, but let me bring you bang upto date.

iPhone, Blackberry, Symbian and Android: They are all shit.

Wait ten years for my next review and see if things improve.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:31 pm

if i ever got a cell phone it would have to be a version before all the downloading/games/internet abilities

i would just want a plain phone (that only does what a phone is supposed to do) with extra long battery life
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:27 am

BryWI wrote:It's a peace of mind issue that if my car was to break down somewhere, I won't be stranded.
I hear this one a lot, and it's valid, but I have to wonder when we stopped owning books and having Irish dads who open the hood and instinctively know what the hell's wrong. He once fixed our station wagon when it broke down on the highway using only some hair spray, for crying out loud. I had to buy a '66 Mustang and get a gigantic book on the subject before I could do most anything.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:19 am

My cell phone is only used to phone calls. I even had texting turned off. However this weekend I got to play with an ipod touch and I want it simply for the wifi abilities. Internet through my cell would be like $50 a month more, I'm not doing that. Is there another WiFi alternative to the ipod touch? And do they even make PDAs anymore?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:53 am

Vance wrote:
BryWI wrote:It's a peace of mind issue that if my car was to break down somewhere, I won't be stranded.
I hear this one a lot, and it's valid, but I have to wonder when we stopped owning books and having Irish dads who open the hood and instinctively know what the hell's wrong. He once fixed our station wagon when it broke down on the highway using only some hair spray, for crying out loud. I had to buy a '66 Mustang and get a gigantic book on the subject before I could do most anything.
I once fixed my lucky Mazda Miata with a bit of string I begged from the shop it had broken down in front of. (It held the engine air intake on long enough to get home, after the little bolt had rusted off)

ANy new cars, and you need a special screwdriver/spanner-set just to get the plastic shielding off to look at the actual engine. My last car miss-fired, once, just once, in the cold, and the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree and it started pleading to be taken to service station like a little girl... (...and so unpluged the ECU and it forgot all about it ;)...)

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:07 pm

after driving a leyland mini panel van on a cycle path (don't ask) and putting a hole in the fuel tank when it bottomed out in an underpass , the solution was a fuel can strapped to the passenger's seat with a tube going out the window to the pump.............

Another mini that continually leaked oil from the head was fixed permanently when I mig welded it to the block

the engine bay spray painted red and the black stripes added with an aerosol whilst under the influence of many substances did not make it go faster
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

browncharlie
SPAMMER

Buy Mobile Phones

Post by browncharlie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 am

Lemmi wrote:i still dont own a cell phone, and ive only used a cell phone 3 times in my life and the last time i used one was back in 2000

Hey buddy mobile phones are now become the part of our life. You can afford to forget you wallet at home but you cannot afford to forget the mobile phone at home.

Once my friend went on tour and unfortunately he forget his mobile phone at home and he suffer a lot and finally on the way he purchase the new phone. And now you can [url=http://www.spam.com[/url] with lots of features and best functionality. It's like mini laptop even you will not find such features in laptop that you will get in modern phones.

PS: I'm a spamming tw*t, who just got banned.

Thunder
Nibbler

Post by Thunder » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm

You bump a year old post just to criticize a regular member? Congratulations Charlie Brown, you suck even worse than me! :P
I break for bannings.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Thunder wrote:You bump a year old post just to criticize a regular member? Congratulations Charlie Brown, you suck even worse than me! :P
An astonishing achievement in it self.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:44 pm

My cell phone is a basic everyday no internet no fancy features old style flip up the lid to get to the keys nothing but calling cell phone. It has a camera on it but I never use that and it has a calculator but let's be honest I have a much better calculator stuck in my back pocket what do I need one on my phone for. I used to text until I got my bill from AT&T and then told them get that shit off my plan.
"You can call me THE RAT thank you very much"
My Blog> http://ratodd.blogspot.com/
Youtube Channel> http://www.youtube.com/user/phatrat1982

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Wow Thunder made and intelligent remark!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:56 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Wow Thunder made and intelligent remark!
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 pm

A broken watch is correct at least twice per day.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:28 pm

3DOKid wrote:A broken watch is correct at least twice per day.

not mine

It is a digital watch fancy too has that radio thing where it automatically adjusts time zones and some other cool features. It stopped working and all it does is gives me a blank screen. Probably needs battery replaced but I only had it for three months I figured it should have lasted longer than that.
"You can call me THE RAT thank you very much"
My Blog> http://ratodd.blogspot.com/
Youtube Channel> http://www.youtube.com/user/phatrat1982

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 pm

more fake accounts :/