holy friggin crap

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

holy friggin crap

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:44 am

OK so as you all know my experiences with 3DO mostly go back to my childhood of reading about the console in magazines and how I always wanted one but have never seen on in person before. Well What mostly drew me to the console back then were two things, one the ability to play movies and two Samurai Showdown, and Street Fighter. I was mostly into arcade games back then and I do remember reading about Gex and a couple other games but aside from that most of my 3DO interest sort of died out over time.

Well after coming here and renewing my interest I decided to compile a list of potential games I might be interested in and to help make my decisions I have turned to gameplay videos online and all I can say is holy friggin crap that thing could do even better graphics than I had previously though. I always think of Doom and Wolfenstein cuz that is what most people talk about and how by the time PSX and Saturn came out 3DO was showing it's age but I don't know what I was seeing makes me think it was a lot better than sometimes people give it credit for. I just hope that the videos are not deceitful and there is some actual gameplay in those cool looking games but I gotta say I always expected it to be a notch above 32X and apparently it is a bit better than that. I will be getting my money in three weeks, soon as I do first thing I am gonna do is make an effort to find me a working console and see if I can try out some of those games.
"You can call me THE RAT thank you very much"
My Blog> http://ratodd.blogspot.com/
Youtube Channel> http://www.youtube.com/user/phatrat1982

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:19 am

Haha, no, it's certainly better than you originally thought. I don't feel it can out-do the PSX or Saturn, but I'd put it in their league as opposed to grouping it with the 32X or Jaguar. I wish it stuck around longer, if only to see how far they could have push the hardware.
Last edited by Austin on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:42 am

3DO can easily hold its own against 1st gen Psx & Sat games (and is several cases surpass them)

It is several "notches" above 32X is almost every respect imho. Even my much loved Jag pales in comparison to 3DO.

Buy a 3DO asap, and then we can start talking about games instead of movies. :P :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

I'm a big fan of the original Playstation, but there is no denying that the 3DO's last generation of games beat the living hell out of the PS1s 1st and possible 2nd generation of games. Only when FFVII, Wipeout2097, Tekken 3 did the PS1 start to clearly ease out into the lead.

Most, if not all, of the ports from 3DO to PS1, the 3DO version is better. Even where the game was totally revamped, the 3DO version tends to be better. (NFS, Spacehulk, PO'ed, Starfighter, Total Eclipse)

If you get a copy of the UK official Playstaion Magazine, you will notice around half of the games in Issue 1 came from the 3DO :)

The 3DO only lasted 3 years. The Playstation 1 was around for 12. The 3DO was 1991 technology, PS1 was 1993 technology. Sure, PS1 was more powerful, but all things being equal, not by much.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 pm

yeah except to tell you the truth guys I never liked Playstation so I have few little to go by there. I had a N64 at that time and then I got a Saturn I had a PSX for six months long enough to play and beat FF7 and then traded it in for more N64 games.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 pm

oh christ. Another one. I hate Nintendo. I find the games boring, and what Nintendo fans equate to charm, I equate to drivel. I have owned a SNES, albeit briefly, a N64 for 10 years, a GC for 6 years at least, and a Wii (and two DS) since their launch day. I've spent £100s on Zelda and Mario, and while Zelda games I leave to the masses (I personally think they are crap, but Mrs 3DOKid assures me I am wrong) most other Nintendo IP bores me stupid.

(Not a terribly long journey.)

Still, I have played Nintendo. I have tried to like it. I have repeatedly tested my beliefs, and I still don't rate it that highly.

So, excuse me when I honestly say, anyone who 'bought' a PS1 (or Jag, or 3DO, or Saturn or anything) owned it for a few months, didn't like it, here now in 2011, to me, sounds to me like Internet cool. Sheeple. Internet crowd followers. And the behaviour of a twat. If you don't like something fine. There are plenty of things I don't like but what I hate is that sage like pseudo intellectual claptrap.

All I ask is this. Stand by your logic. If it's emotion fine too but don't expect to get by unscathed on that score.
Last edited by 3DOKid on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:03 pm

3DOKid wrote:oh christ. Another one.
here i am the other other one :D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Lemmi wrote:
3DOKid wrote:oh christ. Another one.
here i am the other other one :D
Yeah but i like you.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 pm

I didn't mean to offend you and just because I chose N64 over PSX does not make me a sheep dude I also had a Dreamcast and a Saturn during that time. I do not blindly follow Nintendo either, I went with N64 because it had games I liked PSX had 1. I got a Saturn cuz I love Sega, not blindly but have had more fond memories of them than anyone else. I don't know how you could infer all that by me saying I had a Playstation long enough to play FF7, ok during that time I did try several games, I had 30 in the end but I hated it every game that came out on Playstation that I enjoyed I ended up getting better versions of on other systems. FF7 was the only game on that system I played that I loved. It had a few others that were decent but most of it was just stuff I could get elsewhere. It has nothing to do with doing what everyone else does cuz um the sheep all bought Playstation remember which one sold the most.

And no I do not like all of Nintendo s games in fact I really only played a few N64 games either, more than PSX

Edit* fixed.
Last edited by phatrat1982 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:43 pm

What the heck is a sheep dude?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 pm

I don't know.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:17 pm

i am a Sega fanboy
Sega = fast fun (like sports and other things) and i will blindly follow Sega if they made another console
Playstation = sony crap (i have nothing against the PS except the fact that i hate sony as a company)
N64 = shit controllers, but it has many fun games on CARTS

i own a GC but i mostly only have compilations on it, same with my Xbox

ive been hating sony way before the internet became popular and i hate on the playstation just to be a dick :P

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 pm

phatrat1982 wrote:I didn't mean to offend you and just because I chose N64 over PSX does not make me a sheep dude I also had a Dreamcast and a Saturn during that time. I do not blindly follow Nintendo either, I went with N64 because it had games I liked PSX had 1. I got a Saturn cuz I love Sega, not blindly but have had more fond memories of them than anyone else. I don't know how you could infer all that by me saying I had a Playstation long enough to play FF7, ok during that time I did try several games, I had 30 in the end but I hated it every game that came out on Playstation that I enjoyed I ended up getting better versions of on other systems. FF7 was the only game on that system I played that I loved. It had a few others that were decent but most of it was just stuff I could get elsewhere. It has nothing to do with doing what everyone else does cuz um the sheep all bought Playstation remember which one sold the most.

And no I do not like all of Nintendo s games in fact I really only played a few N64 games either, more than PSX

Edit* fixed.
So, you're just making excuses. Sony PS1 had 7,000 games in it's 12 year life and you are so wise you hated it after 3 months?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Lemmi wrote:i am a Sega fanboy
Sega = fast fun (like sports and other things) and i will blindly follow Sega if they made another console
Playstation = sony crap (i have nothing against the PS except the fact that i hate sony as a company)
N64 = shit controllers, but it has many fun games on CARTS

i own a GC but i mostly only have compilations on it, same with my Xbox

ive been hating sony way before the internet became popular and i hate on the playstation just to be a dick :P
irrational emotion I can live with. pseudo scientific bullshit I can't.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:46 pm

JUST TELL ME WHAT I DID!>\ God damn you! Every post you treat me like this no matter what I say you piss all over me well fuck it ban me you worthless fucking piece of shit. There is no getting along with you so fuck you FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING MOTHER WHOSE BASEMENT YOU FUCKING LIVE IN YOU FUCKING RETARDED PS FANBOY PIECE OF SHIT LOSER AND YOUR STUPID ASS WORTHLESS 3DO Console anyways! You want the truth I already GOT freeDO and ISOHUNT, COOLROMS, ROMNATION ROMWORLD< YEAH ROMS ROMS ROMS I WILL NEVER PAY FOR A FUCKING 3DO NOW EVER BECAUSE OF YOU FUCK FACE SO FUCK OFF ENJOYR YOUR FUCKING DEAD FORUM DEDICATED TO YOUR FUCKING DEAD CONSOLE> GOOD FUCKING BYE! YOU ANDYOUR FUCKING CLONES/SHEEP/

Everyone else sorry but 3do kid is a peice of shit I cant stand him/her/it anymore. FUCK OFF!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:55 am

phatrat1982 wrote:JUST TELL ME WHAT I DID!>\ God damn you! Every post you treat me like this no matter what I say you piss all over me well fuck it ban me you worthless fucking piece of shit. There is no getting along with you so fuck you FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING MOTHER WHOSE BASEMENT YOU FUCKING LIVE IN YOU FUCKING RETARDED PS FANBOY PIECE OF SHIT LOSER AND YOUR STUPID ASS WORTHLESS 3DO Console anyways! You want the truth I already GOT freeDO and ISOHUNT, COOLROMS, ROMNATION ROMWORLD< YEAH ROMS ROMS ROMS I WILL NEVER PAY FOR A FUCKING 3DO NOW EVER BECAUSE OF YOU FUCK FACE SO FUCK OFF ENJOYR YOUR FUCKING DEAD FORUM DEDICATED TO YOUR FUCKING DEAD CONSOLE> GOOD FUCKING BYE! YOU ANDYOUR FUCKING CLONES/SHEEP/

Everyone else sorry but 3do kid is a peice of shit I cant stand him/her/it anymore. FUCK OFF!

You know, I do believe you two are finally starting to hit things off 3DOKid.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:56 am

dont let him win phatrat1982, keep posting ;)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:28 am

:shock: Foul mouthed meltdown!

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:20 am

not that it matters or anything but I am calm now.

Ok so getting back to the Playstation comment anyways,

Ok I was poor then, ok am still now, so I didn't even get a SNES until AFTER N64 was out, I got my first Playstation in 2001 by then it was clear where it was going and what games were on it, so I had it for six months because that was how long it took to play and beat FF7, during which time I did in fact try several other games.

Since it is too late to edit my post and take back what I said there is nothing I can do about that I don't really know what I did but maybe all I did was stumble onto this board?

I mean damn it's like no matter what I say unless I just agree with you entirely you rag on me and sabotage my posts.

I liked this place I was trying to make to get information and I was trying not to let you bother me but you make excuses for everyone else who does not or did not like Playstation then you make assumptions, FALSE at that as to why I chose to not like it.

As for as all that goes it means nothing to me now because I am not talking to you anymore. Even if you invade my posts I am just going to ignore you, if you ban me fine so be it.

But I am going to pretend you do not exist because no matter what I say you hate me anyways and have since I came here. No wonder this forum is dieing I am surprised anyone comes here so I can only conclude either you really are just an ass and have no sense of humor or they must really like 3DO a hell of a lot more than I ever could. I used to have an interest in this system but you DID open my eyes, since you love PSX so damn much you have changed my mind on ever owning a 3DO because it clearly tells me the console is shit if all it does is plays shitty PSX style games. So not going to be the last word cuz I suspect your probably reply with something not witty at all and then everyone else will just keep on posting like they don't even give a shit.

Oh well I said all I had to say now I will leave in peace.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:16 am

I'm gonna have to side with phatrat here. So what he doesn't like the Playstation, he is entitled to his opinion without getting flamed.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:23 am

But is a reaction like that justified? Dropping F-bombs left & right (when the forum has clearly posted rules against swearing) Bragging about rom sites (which the forum, again, has clearly posted rules against) Talking about 3DOKid's mom (ok, maybe there is no posted rule for that, but c'mon use common sense! :roll: )

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:10 am

sometimes you just need to get off the internet for a long while before you implode

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:32 am

Oh ****.. Nintendo characters!!

Jones
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Jones » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 pm

Holy friggin crap!

acem77
3DO ZERO USER

Post by acem77 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:50 pm

3dokid,

How can you not like nes, snes
cuz the limits of 8bit 16bit?

Zelda games I leave to the masses (I personally think they are crap), Why?
There are many good games I don’t like but I would not say they are crap.
Just not my type of game.

I have all usa(and some jap) released systems since nes.

I could not imagine my life without any one system but if I had to chose one system only 3DO would be at the bottom with CDI :(

phatrat1982,

You really did not like psx?
I guess you just did not play the right games, it may be main stream but cuz of that fact so many games are made to cover
everyones taste. It had the extra power for the time to enable a better gaming experience for a bunch of genres.
Last edited by acem77 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jones
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Jones » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:00 pm

The games are surely a matter of opinion, but I do believe that the SNES was a very nice and versatile piece of hardware!

The N64 reminded me of a VW Beetle with a Porsche Engine - generally much horsepower but heavily limited due to cartridges and only 4kb of texture RAM.

No idea about the Gamecube, never had one.

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:23 pm

I took some time to calm down it went beyond his attitude about playstation it seams like every post I make he has to say something. I ask a question he gives me shit, I express an opinion he gives me shit, I say hey I didn't care for Playstation he calls me all kinds of names.

I do apologize for the language I really don't like swearing myself I try not to but it has been a long year and now my parents are losing their house so I have been under a lot of stress. Yeah I broke the rules I did it out of spite I should not have done that but at that time I thought for sure I was banned and wouldn't be coming back.

Anyways I am not going to argue about Playstation or anything else anymore damn it is subjective anyways but honestly my hatred of Playstation stems from their killing off Sega mostly. It doesn't matter obviously a ton of people liked the stupid thing cuz apparently it sold a few too many units.

I really attacked 3DOkid when in fact I was upset at other things and truth be told he wasn't the only one giving me crap every post I made. But I am gonna try to put it behind me and 3DOkid, I am sorry I attacked you if it matters but I am not going to pretend the two of us are gonna be friends so maybe it is best if we just agree to ignore each other.

And the attacks on your mom were uncalled for.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 pm

phatrat1982 wrote:JUST TELL ME WHAT I DID!>\ God damn you! Every post you treat me like this no matter what I say you piss all over me well fuck it ban me you worthless fucking piece of shit. There is no getting along with you so fuck you FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING MOTHER WHOSE BASEMENT YOU FUCKING LIVE IN YOU FUCKING RETARDED PS FANBOY PIECE OF SHIT LOSER AND YOUR STUPID ASS WORTHLESS 3DO Console anyways! You want the truth I already GOT freeDO and ISOHUNT, COOLROMS, ROMNATION ROMWORLD< YEAH ROMS ROMS ROMS I WILL NEVER PAY FOR A FUCKING 3DO NOW EVER BECAUSE OF YOU FUCK FACE SO FUCK OFF ENJOYR YOUR FUCKING DEAD FORUM DEDICATED TO YOUR FUCKING DEAD CONSOLE> GOOD FUCKING BYE! YOU ANDYOUR FUCKING CLONES/SHEEP/

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

Firstly, can I recommend the Caps Lock key? You will find that if you wish to post all in upper-case you won't keep confusing the character ">" with a full stop as you do with the ‘shift’ key.

Secondly, why don't I like you? Let me explain.

- Within days of you joining, I had a complaint about you making ROM requests. We have very, very few rules, yet you seem to have the intelligence to use a computer, but not sufficient intelligence to read a single guideline or rule. It was even highlighted to you, but you continued on then with excessive profanity and moaning about Sony. Which is, as you may now have guessed, something that gets my goat. You then personally insult me, and then, carry on posting.

- You also seem to be one of those blithering idiots that confuse Facebook, 4Chan, IGN, Youtube, Twitter and this forum. There is a simple social etiquette, which despite you having the advantage of English being your primary language, fail to comprehend. Which indicates to me you are genuinely stupid. This was actually very apparent from day one. There are people that have contributed more in four posts than you have in, quite frankly, 210 plus stupid posts. And some of the questions have been stupid. You are also one of those dreary socially inept morons, who equate post-count to credibility.

- Finally, you upset the regulars. You have created, through lack of desire to blend in, 'bad blood' between people who have been virtual friends of mine for years.

There are those amongst us who think that I have, perhaps bullied you, mocked you and not made you feel welcome. Partly because I don't suffer fools gladly - perhaps a failing on my part? They believe that new blood, new posts, new questions will liven up an often fairly glacial forum. And perhaps I agree with them, but only to an extent. You see, the Internet may well be inching towards a human right, but these forums, these small communities of liken minded souls with a common interest, paid for and owned by private individuals, well these are privileges. Which is subtly different.

Your total lack of respect for those that would have banned you on day two, and those that would have defended you, and those that pay the bills, astounds me.

You are pig ignorant, selfish and rude. I'm not going to ban you; I want you just to go away of your own accord.

One final thing you semi-illiterate benighted socially and mentally defective toss-pot, the word is ‘because’ not ‘cuz’. There are people here, who you again show no respect for, whose primary language isn’t English, who command a better understanding of it than you do. It sickens me, you are an embarrassment.

Now go away.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:50 am

wtf, how did we get drama on a 3do forum :/

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:56 am

BryWI wrote:wtf, how did we get drama on a 3do forum :/
Have we ever had anything like this before? Even close? I sure can't think of anything in 4 1/2 years ... (maybe the Older Games aftermath?)

Some forums have have a "burn" section or something similar where threads that get out of control get buried. Maybe this could be the first.