Daisy chaining

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

maclic
3DO ZERO USER

Daisy chaining

Post by maclic » Wed May 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Daisy chaining is one of the most original ideas from 3do. As far as I know, no one used it before (and after). I have 2 controlers, a light gun, a flight stick pro, a mouse and a snes-3do adapter so I can attach my snes arcade stick to the 3do. So I used to have several of them plugged at the same time. The problem is that some games can't detect the flight stick pro if I plug it as the four+ link in the chain. The light gun games get buggy if I plug it as the third+ link. So I need to plug and unplug depending on the game. I wonder what was the max number of simultaneous players that actually was supported by a 3do game. What you think about daisy chaining? Was it a good idea? A bad idea? You don't care because you alway play alone?

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed May 09, 2007 7:05 pm

I think that it was 8 simultaneous standard controllers max. I thought the idea of daisy chaining was innovative because it didn't create any limits on the number of players before wireless. It also didn't clutter up the consoles face with controller ports. The most I've ever had was 4 people playing FIFA soccer once way back in the day. The bad is that cheaters can pull the plug on you in mid-play, makes for good fun. Latency may be an issue as you've seen with your light-gun.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed May 09, 2007 9:53 pm

i love the dasiy chain especially after the stupid TG16 system with the turbo tap just to play with 2 players minimum - i hated that because when i first bought my TG16 i got the Hockey game just because you could play 2 players on one team and the tap was about $50 which was $20 more then the game

now its all about sucking money out of the pockets of gamers

i had 4 people playing Twisted before and messing with the others questions and stuff was fun, but it only happened once and i havent had 2 controllers hooked up in along time

i think if its something other then a controller it might need to be in 1 of the first 2 positions to work correctly
as for the gun you might have to get the 2 player version

i would put the stick, gun(if you have the 2player) then the other controllers and test it that way
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:39 pm

Lemmi wrote:i love the dasiy chain especially after the stupid TG16 system with the turbo tap just to play with 2 players minimum - i hated that because when i first bought my TG16 i got the Hockey game just because you could play 2 players on one team and the tap was about $50 which was $20 more then the game

now its all about sucking money out of the pockets of gamers

i had 4 people playing Twisted before and messing with the others questions and stuff was fun, but it only happened once and i havent had 2 controllers hooked up in along time

i think if its something other then a controller it might need to be in 1 of the first 2 positions to work correctly
as for the gun you might have to get the 2 player version

i would put the stick, gun(if you have the 2player) then the other controllers and test it that way
Agreed about how much fun Twister was with multiple controllers. Could you imagine how much fun NHL '96 would have been had it been released? :cry: