All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Sharpius
3DO ZERO USER

Big Box USA games

Post by Sharpius » Wed May 09, 2007 7:30 pm

I am collecting 3do games...
Only usa games in their long boxes...

I have around 140 games at the moment, and i was checking the list of USA games on 3do today and i was wondering if there are USA games that not come in the long box.

For example, Are the adult games only in jewel cases? And what about woody woodpecker? and Mathemagics?

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Wed May 09, 2007 9:36 pm

There are quite a few US games that were not originally sold in the long box format. Most of these were adult titles.

Woody Woodpecker and the Vivid adult titles were not originally sold in a long box format. The Vivid titles did have a cellophane sealed cardboard cover over the jewel case. The Woody games did not have the cover, but were sealed in cellophane.

Mathemagics does have a long box. The Mathemagics box, like Slopestyle, and a few others (Fatty Bear) is a little more slender than the typical long box.

Mind Teazzer had a unique box. It was a little "fatter" and a little "shorter" than the typical long box. Some 3DO listings claim that there were two versions of Mind Teazzer sold. One version was a cellophane sealed cardboard covered jewel case, and the other version came in the aforementioned unique long box. This claim is not correct. The cellophane sealed cardboard covered jewel case is exactly what is inside of the unique long box. It may have been that some stores removed the "game" from the box to save shelf space, but this game was originally only sold in its fatter long box variant.

Virtual Vivid sampler only came in a generic CD jewel case without back or cover templates.

Of course, the Game Guru also had a unique squat little box.

And then there are some variations on the boxes of certain games.

coombsb
3DO ZERO USER

Post by coombsb » Thu May 10, 2007 5:56 pm

I've got some form of cover for the Virtual Vivid Sampler, best described as a flat squat longbox! When I get home next week I'll try and sort out a photo if people don't know what I mean.

Apart from the adult games, samplers/not for resale and the Woody's the only other one I don't have a longbox for (and haven't seen) is Carrier - Fortress at Sea. Anyone have a longbox for that?

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:19 pm

coombsb wrote:I've got some form of cover for the Virtual Vivid Sampler, best described as a flat squat longbox! When I get home next week I'll try and sort out a photo if people don't know what I mean.

Apart from the adult games, samplers/not for resale and the Woody's the only other one I don't have a longbox for (and haven't seen) is Carrier - Fortress at Sea. Anyone have a longbox for that?
Found one...pretty pricey though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carrier-Fortress-at ... dZViewItem

Sharpius
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sharpius » Thu May 10, 2007 9:07 pm

I just reveived a mint Carrier..
I bought it at a german game shop called http://www.videogamer.org

Surprisingly, they have a lot of long boxed 3do games at reasonable prices, so i was happy to receive Carrier, Lemmings, Station Invation, Bust a move and Cyberdillo...all mint...

Thanks for the info by the way...i will not have to concentrate on all the adult games, except Neurodancer...

Next month i will try to buy Sherlock, Cannon Fodder, Microcosm and Wolvenstein...