Anyone else watched Battlestar galactica?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Anyone else watched Battlestar galactica?

Post by 3DOKid » Mon May 07, 2007 8:47 pm

I was in my usual closed mindedness about the modern series of Battlestar. Afterall - Starbuck is a man right?

well - I've watched the pilot series, the first series, the second series and the now I'm a third of the way through the 3rd series and I have to say - i love this show. Best thing to watch. I watch like two TV shows. Ugly betty (shut it!) and Battlestar.

It is good right?

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 pm

the only thing good about ugly betty is salma hayeks boobs :P

i love the new BSG, i also was on the fence about a woman starbuck but it works pretty good

i think they are going to end the series after the 4th year because they dont want to drag it on and lose focus like the guys did to LOST

i want to talk more about the series but you havent seen the end of yr 3 yet :) and i dont remember much of the earlier seasons
lets just say i knew what was going to happen when most of the people i know didnt think i was right :)

and a side note the battle scenes are awesome and gave me chills sometimes with all the bullets flying
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Wed May 09, 2007 11:11 pm

I love this show! Just flicking the channels a couple of years back and saw the Pilot episode by accident and was hooked. It works well because it's not typcically Sci-Fi, it's proper drama to boot. Probably the reason it appeals to a broader crowd. The end credits are a nice touch as well :D

Lost... well, 'lost' it after the second season. Not a frequent viewer of that these days.

zenkov

Post by zenkov » Thu May 10, 2007 5:21 am

Good show, but Firefly was much more interesting for me.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Thu May 10, 2007 10:44 pm

zenkov wrote:Good show, but Firefly was much more interesting for me.
Highly under-rated show Firefly. Picked up the complete series in some bargain bin sale and really enjoyed the show. However it never really peaked in my opinion. Serenity was an excellent example of what the series 'should have' been aiming for. Brilliant movie and I hope the DVD sales warrant a second feature film.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Thu May 24, 2007 7:01 am

I really likes Battlestar Galactica. It resembles Wing Commander series, and the Homeworld PC games.

But reading this thread, something comes to my mind.. Is 3dokid the fifth Cylon?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:43 am

The 5th Cylon me? Nah.

Firefly is really good. I've been watching this.

BigDaddyChewie
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BigDaddyChewie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:00 pm

Decent show, but it doesn't deserve to be called Battlestar Galactica. Really, besides the names, very little is like the original series. Even with Starbuck (and Boomer) being women...the characters are nothing like the characters they are named from.
I know a lot of people love the show, but speaking as a purist, I'd grade it a C-. It's NOT Battlestar Galactica.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:06 am

boomer? you would though? right?

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:11 am

heh speaking of the original BSG

i was just flipping thought the channels and i saw BSG listed on WPXD (which i think is PAX channel but it says ION on the screen also, kinda weird)

so im watching the old one now (murder on the rising star, where starbuck is framed for murder) , i actually watched this series and the 1980 one when i was a kid, and i have read tons of posts at other places that think like you do BigDaddyChewie, but i tried not to get into them because its just a TV show :D and i always give Sci Fi shows about 3 shows to hook me if they havent i move onto another show

im a sci fi/epic series junkie
Dexter took 1 show
Tudors took 3 shows - but now it seems they took out all the nudity
Dead Zone took 1
the 4400 took 1
Heroes took 3
Eureka took 1 - or 2 since it was a 2 hour starter show
Psych took 1
Rome took 1 (i wish they would have kept going with this show in some form)

that is just a small list, and i cant remember the ones i bailed on :D

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:12 am

3DOKid wrote:boomer? you would though? right?
Boomer is awesome in the new show, and if you seen her Maxim layout she is hot as hell :D
this shoot came out before she showed her body in BSG :) and my eyes bugged out :shock:

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:52 am

I have a HTTP download link to the original series, it have the 3 seasons of the original Battlestar Galactica 1978.

If you guys are interested and is permitted to post such thing here on this forun, please reply.
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 am

just to clear up something
there was only 1 season of the original Battlestar Galactica not 3 (unless im not understanding you right) there was only like 20 episodes or so

i downloaded the original show about 4 years ago before quality was a must and the dvds were released and i got the over watched VCR shows
nothing like watching a show on your computer and seeing the VCR tracking stuff on the screen :D

i think im missing the last 3 or 4 episodes

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:44 am

Well, I've never seen the original series, but the website have the episodes from "S01 e01" to "S02 e10", and there is another folder named "BSG Season2" and "BSG season 3".

But forget it, I checked the link and doesn't available anymore, sorry.

I'll post here, just in case. If this goes against the rules of this foruns, please delete my post:

http://ericslaptop.servehttp.com/videos ... %20-1978-/
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br