Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sat May 05, 2007 1:40 am

Welcome!

That's quite an impressive collection you have there.

You've found the right place for all things 3DO :wink:

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sat May 05, 2007 3:10 am

ninjagowoo wrote: I eventually found the 3dokid's reviews and loved them and that's how I ended up here.

I'm currently a college student wasting his time with retro gaming =)
heh thats how i made it here also, i found and posted in his blog and then he let me know about this place starting :)

welcome to the board
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat May 05, 2007 11:04 am

ninjagowoo wrote:Well, guess it's good for a post_count++; :P

I got a 3do system from an online classified ad (craig's list) bundled up with a turbografx and psx (all for 20$, gloat). Since then I fell in love with the 3do and it's amazingly terrible library of games.

After obtaining my 3do, it was time to play some games! Luckily I have a fairly large library of games (see my game list post) at my disposal, so the hard part was finding the games worth playing. I eventually found the 3dokid's reviews and loved them and that's how I ended up here.

I'm currently a college student wasting his time with retro gaming =)
Hello mate,

God that brings back memories. Wasting student loans on 3DO games. Nice list of games by the way.

But, erm, I think it's my duty to be responsible. As a resonpsible adult. You do have to save some of the money. You do know that? For your education? it's important not to waste it all on video games. Crack-whores and booze aren't cheap!

So - Welcome to the forum.

Just off the cuff, as an aside - no pressure. What's your thoughts on Primal Rage for the 3DO?

3DO Kid.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Sat May 05, 2007 12:41 pm

3DOKid wrote:
Just off the cuff, as an aside - no pressure. What's your thoughts on Primal Rage for the 3DO?

3DO Kid.

:D No pressure!!

ninjagowoo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ninjagowoo » Sat May 05, 2007 7:21 pm

Haha. I didn't spend money on most them. Most of them were actually given to me by a collector that lost interest. God knows I can't afford them. Thanks for the concern though :P

As for Primal Rage....in all honesty I haven't played the 3DO version yet =) The Genesis port was so crappy that I sort of lost interest in playing the game outside of the arcades. Chances are if it's anything like the Genesis port I probably won't like it. I can honestly say that I hate Way of the Warrior though. As the first game that I tried on the 3do, it made me fear that I had made a big mistake obtaining one.

I suppose my one guilty pleasure would have to be Johnny Bazookatone. Despite it's difficulty, I find it very entertaining. (guess I'm a "bad child", but I liked Gex too)

I'm also a fan of most of the other generic favorites: Another World, Flashback, Bust a Move, Lucienne's Quest (though I haven't had enough time to really dive into it yet), Return Fire, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Sharpius
3DO ZERO USER

Newby form the Netherlands

Post by Sharpius » Sun May 06, 2007 12:56 pm

I just wanna say hi...
I visited 3dotoday, read some reviews and thought to myself..lets register and be amongst 3do lovers..

I started collecting 3do games 3 years ago....I first bought a bunch of PAL games in jewel boxes, only later finding out how beautiful the USA long boxed games are....so i am now collecting only the long boxed games..i have around 140 at the moment...

I like FMV games very much, please dont blame me for it haha....so when i found out that the American Laser games were all availeble for 3do, i could not wait to buy them.....stupid as i was, i bought 2 single player guns, so i had to spend another 80 dollars on ebay for the 2 player gun...

The games i bought after the laser games were corpse killer, quarterback and night trap....all FMV, all great.....

At the moment i buy 2 or 3 3do games a month..so i hope to complete my long box collection this year.....(of cource the dino game will be hard to get, and i also have not seen a long boxed olympic soccer on ebay).

I also have a question: I read a few time something about a 11th hour game on 3do...can someone tell me if this game was about to appear on 3do but was cancelled?

greeting, Sharpius

ninjagowoo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ninjagowoo » Sun May 06, 2007 7:28 pm

according to wikipedia it was planned but cancelled.

MobyGames had this to say:
A 3DO version of this game was in the works, but the project was scrapped due to the public's lack of interest in the console. Some promotional catalogs even listed this game with a firm release date of August 9, 1995, but needless to say, the game never came out. Still, references to this game in various catalogs and gaming magazines have resulted in countless books and web sites erroneously listing it amongst the 3DO software library.

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CRV » Thu May 10, 2007 11:56 am

Hello,

I just got my first 3DO, an FZ-1, in the mail last week with some games including Samurai Shodown, The Need for Speed, and Return Fire. Unfortunately, it seems to have a problem with my CD-Rs. Once the machine heats up, the video and music start skipping. Original discs work fine. But maybe I shouldn't be talking about that here.

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:08 pm

Hello,

I first got my 3DO when I was in high school working at Video Game Exchange. My dad bought me one when it was "reduced" to $499. I have very fond memories of the 3DO and remember hooking them up to my dad's sound system which consisted of big amplifiers. The sound blew me away, especially with Road Rash. I was recently doing some spring cleaning with my wife and came across two totes and wanted to play them ASAP! One problem...I sold my system a few years back. I just recently won a FZ-10 and can't wait to fire it up and let the kids play some games.

I am glad there is an active 3DO forum around! :D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Newby form the Netherlands

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 11, 2007 7:19 am

Sharpius wrote: I like FMV games very much, please dont blame me for it haha....so when i found out that the American Laser games were all availeble for 3do, i could not wait to buy them.....stupid as i was, i bought 2 single player guns, so i had to spend another 80 dollars on ebay for the 2 player gun...

The games i bought after the laser games were corpse killer, quarterback and night trap....all FMV, all great.....
I like FMV games too. In the context of what they were, some of them were pretty good. Night Trap was probably my favourite but much of the Digital Pictures stuff was fun. 8)

Welcome to the forum by the way!

3DO kid!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 11, 2007 7:20 am

CRV wrote:Hello,

I just got my first 3DO, an FZ-1, in the mail last week with some games including Samurai Shodown, The Need for Speed, and Return Fire. Unfortunately, it seems to have a problem with my CD-Rs. Once the machine heats up, the video and music start skipping. Original discs work fine. But maybe I shouldn't be talking about that here.
[ahem] try higher quality blank CDs or a slower burn speed. ;)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 11, 2007 7:28 am

Dengar13 wrote:Hello,

I first got my 3DO when I was in high school working at Video Game Exchange. My dad bought me one when it was "reduced" to $499. I have very fond memories of the 3DO and remember hooking them up to my dad's sound system which consisted of big amplifiers. The sound blew me away, especially with Road Rash. I was recently doing some spring cleaning with my wife and came across two totes and wanted to play them ASAP! One problem...I sold my system a few years back. I just recently won a FZ-10 and can't wait to fire it up and let the kids play some games.

I am glad there is an active 3DO forum around! :D
Hello mate, welcome to the forum. I think the jump from floppy disk/Cartridge based music and sound effects to CD based ones, was pretty profound. I used to enjoy NFS in surround, which was reasonably new in those days too.

3DO Kid.

Benny
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Benny » Sat May 26, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Benny and I stumbled arcoss your site. I'm just starting to get back into my 3do. I remember seeing the system for the first time in 94' at a little kiosk called game express in a grocery store. They had Way of the Warrior playing. I was at the time planning on getting one but $700 bucks for one was too rich for my blood. Even thought about getting the 3do blaster at a store called Babages, but refrained from that due to a very out of date computer. later on in got one for $50 bucks used at electronic boutique, goldstar model.

At that time in my life I had a big video game collection which consisted of an NES, Super NES, Famicom, Sega Master system, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafix 16, Atari 2600, 3do, and Playstation. The mjority of the stuff is now long gone or doesn't work any longer, except for the 3do and the genesis.

I'm still looking for games, but I will not pay over $40 for an out of date game.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sat May 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Hello, and welcome!

They sold the 3DO in a grocery store ? I haven't heard that one before.
Not to worry, 99% of 3DO games (opened) cost much less than $40.

Benny
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Benny » Thu May 31, 2007 1:15 pm

Actually it was a store inside a store, if that makes any sense. It was like a grocery store, with a small flea market in the front. This video game store that was there in had the 3do for sale, among other video games as well.

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DragonmasterDan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:07 pm

Hello, I've owned a 3DO for well over a decade since I purchased one when Funcoland was clearing units out many many years ago. I own both an FZ-10 and a Goldstar and have around 40 or so games for the system.
--DragonmasterDan

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:12 pm

Welcome to the forums! :)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:05 am

Welcome, DragonmasterDan

thats how i started with the 3DO, i bought a Goldstar from funcoland in 1997 :)
now i have the 3 US systems and over 180 games

i knew you were a legit poster because you didnt put where you are from and a link to a .info site :D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:53 am

DragonmasterDan wrote:Hello, I've owned a 3DO for well over a decade since I purchased one when Funcoland was clearing units out many many years ago. I own both an FZ-10 and a Goldstar and have around 40 or so games for the system.
Yes welcome to the last active 3DO forum. This place is full of people like us. :D

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DragonmasterDan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:38 am

Lemmi wrote:Welcome, DragonmasterDan

thats how i started with the 3DO, i bought a Goldstar from funcoland in 1997 :)
now i have the 3 US systems and over 180 games

i knew you were a legit poster because you didnt put where you are from and a link to a .info site :D
Yep, Funcoland was THE place to buy used stuff. Especially when they started discontinuing carrying products. I got a Neo-Geo AES dirt cheap there back in the day, as well as my 3DO. I'm guessing it was around 97 or so as well when I picked my 3DO up.
--DragonmasterDan

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:39 am

We never had a Funcoland in my area...we had Video Game Exchange. I always saw Funcoland's ads in EGM and other gaming magazines.

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DragonmasterDan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:44 am

Dengar13 wrote:We never had a Funcoland in my area...we had Video Game Exchange. I always saw Funcoland's ads in EGM and other gaming magazines.
I used to visit St.Louis and see Game X-Change a lot, but those stores usually sucked. I'm not sure if that's the same chain as the one you're reffering to.
--DragonmasterDan

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:49 am

DragonmasterDan wrote:
Dengar13 wrote:We never had a Funcoland in my area...we had Video Game Exchange. I always saw Funcoland's ads in EGM and other gaming magazines.
I used to visit St.Louis and see Game X-Change a lot, but those stores usually sucked. I'm not sure if that's the same chain as the one you're reffering to.
No, Video Game Exchange didn't have a store in St. Louis, only in Ohio and PA I think.

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DragonmasterDan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:36 am

Dengar13 wrote:
DragonmasterDan wrote:
No, Video Game Exchange didn't have a store in St. Louis, only in Ohio and PA I think.
I found Game X-Change's website. http://cannonspike.com/ this is the place I was thinking of.
--DragonmasterDan

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:40 pm

DragonmasterDan wrote:Hello, I've owned a 3DO for well over a decade since I purchased one when Funcoland was clearing units out many many years ago. I own both an FZ-10 and a Goldstar and have around 40 or so games for the system.

hello mate.

We will soon get that collection up ;)

Welcome to the forums!

3DO Kid.

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Greetings

Post by wulfren » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 am

Good evening everyone My name is Wulf I'm very happy I was able to find this place. As it is, I have been looking for a forum system of this very type.

Ok so a little bit of background information on me.

I own several systems ranging from my 3DO(and actually owned several 3DO's since it was released ) to my Xbox 360, I guess you could say I'm a dedicated gamer.. ? ..For the most part I like the 3DO the best. I own just a handful of games but hopefully I will be able to fix that.

My real name is William, tho most people just call me Wulf, (or if there mad at me they'll call me Wulfren)

Its a pleasure to meet you all, and hope to try to be able to help somewhere along on this forum
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Greetings

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:06 am

wulfren wrote:Good evening everyone My name is Wulf I'm very happy I was able to find this place. As it is, I have been looking for a forum system of this very type.

Ok so a little bit of background information on me.

I own several systems ranging from my 3DO(and actually owned several 3DO's since it was released ) to my Xbox 360, I guess you could say I'm a dedicated gamer.. ? ..For the most part I like the 3DO the best. I own just a handful of games but hopefully I will be able to fix that.

My real name is William, tho most people just call me Wulf, (or if there mad at me they'll call me Wulfren)

Its a pleasure to meet you all, and hope to try to be able to help somewhere along on this forum
What a fine name. A name for kings that. A mans man name if i ever heard one. "William". Love it.

Not sure about Wulf though. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

3DO Kid.

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:51 pm

lol thanks, I guess then its a safe bet to know your first name?

Actually the name of Wulf came about somewhat by accident, While i was in training at my first job they were trying to do name memory "games" ..you'd say your name, then you'd say something that you liked that began with the same letter of your first name...so I said "my name is William, and i like wolves. ..well there was something like 32 people in the class, and the trainer went last, and got every name right except mine he said "he's William Wulf and....(he forgot) so from there out people thought my real last name was Wulf (and some people to this day that still think that)

I've been reading over what i can of the forum and i have to say, this has been exactly what i've been looking for!
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

ben_2891
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ben_2891 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:39 am

Hi.

I used to have an FZ10 back in 1996 or 1997 somewhere around there, and it was bloody brilliant. There were so many great games, and for so cheap! Of course the main reason I got it was Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, but you had others. Space Hulk, Return Fire, Foes of Ali, Wolfenstein, Wing Commander.. there were loads of them. Great console.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:43 pm

ben_2891 wrote:Hi.

I used to have an FZ10 back in 1996 or 1997 somewhere around there, and it was bloody brilliant. There were so many great games, and for so cheap! Of course the main reason I got it was Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, but you had others. Space Hulk, Return Fire, Foes of Ali, Wolfenstein, Wing Commander.. there were loads of them. Great console.
Hello Mate,

Welcome to the forum. SF2 is fantastic. As are the others. 'cept maybe Wolfenstien - but we won't go there. Not again. ;)

Again - welcome!

3DO Kid.