enough said.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:42 pm

ok

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Any particular reason? (and will fixing it involve the entire forum dressing up in combat gear and laying waste to your enemies until vengeance is ours?)

desiv
3DO ZERO USER

Post by desiv » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:30 am

3DOKid wrote:...and will fixing it involve the entire forum dressing up in combat gear and ...
I suppose I was the only person who just imagined putting on a pixelated tank outfit??

desiv

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:38 pm

I imagine an Star Wars rebel outfit and x-wing.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:00 pm

rule still applies.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:13 pm

I love it. They have the caramel-flavored cream puffs as of today over at Beard Papa's.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:03 am

finally eh?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:39 pm

It's funny the direction this thread usualy goes in. :)

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 pm

True confession. I hate today because it's my birthday. I suppose it's because my family never remembers it, my ex gf always used to forget it, and now I don't even want to hear about it these days. I wish I could just forget that it was birthday. I sometimes forget how old I am, I must be getting close to forgetting it right? Well now that I am 30 it's almost too difficult to forget my age anymore. Anyways, yep I still hate August 23rd. Along with most holidays. I guess I have become that bitter loner type person. The one that when they get involved with the police, everyone in the neighborhood starts trash talking to the news paper about them. Hmm I think I have just set myself a goal. It's good to have goals. I will put that goal right next to my recurring goal of "wake up on this side of the dirt tommorow". It's because of that last goal that I at least accomplish something everyday. Everyday I am a winner at that. Everyone's a winner. Everyone gets trophies. Yeah, don't get me started on how that has ruined society as whole these days and that the aftermath of it still is yet to show it's ugly head.

Alright, this rant is done for now.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:08 am

I love you.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm

If it makes you feel better Bry, I feel the same way just about all the time. The good feelings come and go, but never seem to want to stay.

If you find a solution, by the way, be sure to let me know. :lol:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:58 pm

I think we all do to be honest. My rather pathetic response to it all is not to give a crap, sneak off all alone and watch rubbish 80s movies (Revenge of the nerds, License to Drive, Canonball Run, etc) and smoke cigarettes and drink wine and not tell anyone and not answer the phone. Do anything that makes you happy I say. As long as you don't hurt anyone.

It's not easy being human sometimes :)

(I like the original Star Trek movie :)

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:35 pm

3DOKid wrote:I think we all do to be honest. My rather pathetic response to it all is not to give a crap, sneak off all alone and watch rubbish 80s movies (Revenge of the nerds, License to Drive, Canonball Run, etc) and smoke cigarettes and drink wine and not tell anyone and not answer the phone. Do anything that makes you happy I say. As long as you don't hurt anyone.

It's not easy being human sometimes :)

(I like the original Star Trek movie :)
lol, I definitely understand.. the only problem is the older I get, the less that works. :lol:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Never grow old.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Yeah I drown my time in video games mostly, but I have been spending time in my music studio lately also.

My nerves have been shot lately though. I was trying to not bring my problems here but this seems like a good time for the discussion. Back in June all with in 5 days: My Grandpa Died, A drunk driver totaled my car while it was parked on the street, and I got seriously sick (not just any cold, probably the 2nd worst time of being sick in my life). My nerves just haven't been the same since.

I am always worried that I am messing up at work, which I know I am not. I just have to learn to put a positive spin on things when they dont go my way. But, I still need to vent now and then.

And about "Never grow old". I still don't feel like I have grown up. I really don't know what my criteria for "feeling grown up" is though. I dunno. I really haven't figure that one out at all. I live on my own. I pay all my bills and owe no one. I am a responsible adult. I just feel like I act like a kid alot though. I am always way more goofy than most people. But thats because I want others to have a laugh even if it means the laugh is at my own expense. Quietly inside I may be miserable but I like to help others forget about their misery with a laugh.

Anyways, another long post. I'll end this one here. :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:54 am

It's OK, everybody needs to vent... You posted in my rant thread. You don't have to feel grown up, you're only 30. Lots of people aren't even planning for retirement yet and will even change careers in a few years.
You should be planning for retirement though, everyone should start with their first job out of high school/college.
Life does get rough but the good times make the hard ones fade. Even when I don't have much spending cash I still see people who don't have as much as me. This week friends were making sushi as a woman from Japan came over and we were all enjoying it at the café, someone I know only had enough money for three pieces. So I bought him a plate of inari. I open doors for people (like today), give people outside a store a coupon or gift certificate I get in the mail, and do lots of little things. They make you feel good knowing you've made someone's day a little brighter and maybe they will in turn do the same for someone else because of this happiness. You'd be surprised how good it can make you feel.

I just want to add what one member said here that has really made an impact in my life. And I really mean it, I've been calmer ever since I read it by simply remembering it whenever things seem too rough.
acem77 wrote:1st world problems, remember that reflect and laugh about it.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:13 am

The not growing up thing is weird. I'm 38 and don't have kids, and I see people way younger than me with kids acting much more 'mature'. My brother for instance.

I reckon it doesn't mean anything. I'm not quite sure what growing is meant to be. Buy a house? Get Married? More responsibility? Estate cars? Tweed? Radio 4? Tutting at things? What a load of crap. The only thing I would say from my 8 years head start on the subject, and to be fair loads of people say it, just no one listens, despite it being the most important thing: Do what ever makes you happy, and don't care what other people think. The last part, for me anyway, was hard.

Negativity? I think in our culture (American and British anyway) there is an over emphasis on positivity. To the point where i equate over positivity with stupidity. Quite frankly, I f**king hate it. If something is awesome, it's awesome. If it's crap it's crap, and if it's average it's meh. Now, don't get me wrong, i generally have a positive outlook, I believe strongly in 'everything will be okay' and things will always get better. because they always have and always do, but I can't abide this false positivity for the sake of it, or this refusal to call something as it's seen. I had a do-gooder male bimbo sales tart at the meetings in Las Vegas last week tell me I was negative because I expressed a negative opinion. Probably because he was either too stupid to understand the full ramifications of what was being said (and to be fair it was pretty technical) or worse he had no opinion and was just fighting the common enemy 'negativity'. The twat. He sat their with his new 'Top Dawg' Sales watch being a twat, asking me why, if I disagree, do i have to say it so negatively. To which I explained, that if I mince my words and make a negative sound positive, then the emphasis I'm trying to add in expressing my opinion is lost. i.e. "it's shit. and i want you all to understand I think that it's shit, and here is why..."

I believe that this war against negative, is driven by people who are either too stupid or too scared to express a proper opinion -- and it has to end.

Anyway, the bottom line is: I think you worry too much. Don't forget, you can't change the past or decisions you made in it, so f**k 'em and move on to a glorious future.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:45 pm

cheer up guys and get ready to play TOYLETS

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20028100-71.html
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 pm

3DO Experience wrote: You should be planning for retirement though, everyone should start with their first job out of high school/college.
Done and done. My employer matches my contribution up to 5% of my check. Free money I say. Free money I like.

And I have to agree with the false positivity thing being crap. Just because a toothpick is currently holding up a bridge doesn't mean it's safe. If something is not going to work, I will voice my stance on it. I want it to be right the first time because I dont want to waste time doing it again. It's not being negative, it's called the truth. And yes, hiding from the truth can lead to big mistakes (or more truths to hide from).