How's Seal of the Pharaoh?...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

How's Seal of the Pharaoh?...

Post by dave4shmups » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:23 pm

This game looks VERY interesting to me, but the reviews I've read say that it's frustrating to move or to attack enemies. Is this true?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:15 pm

I have heard so little about this game that I actually had to check if this was a released game (something I rarely have to check to be honest). Maybe that says something about the game itself? I dunno. I'd be interested myself to see if anyone here has played it.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:15 pm

I got really into this game, and then set it down for a few days. I had a hell of a time going back to it after that. It's not what you'd expect, and it can be difficult at times

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dave4shmups » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:17 pm

BryWI wrote:I have heard so little about this game that I actually had to check if this was a released game (something I rarely have to check to be honest). Maybe that says something about the game itself? I dunno. I'd be interested myself to see if anyone here has played it.
I found out about it here: http://www.mobygames.com/game/3do/seal-of-the-pharaoh

There are screenshots here:http://www.mobygames.com/game/3do/seal- ... creenshots

I'm very interested as well to see if anyone here as played it, and what their impressions are.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:13 am

I have this one. It's kinda fun. You do get help from a little cartoon-ish character as where to go buuuut it's pretty much just walking through a maze.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dave4shmups » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:28 am

3DO Experience wrote:I have this one. It's kinda fun. You do get help from a little cartoon-ish character as where to go buuuut it's pretty much just walking through a maze.
OK, so how is the combat in this game??

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:20 pm

I agree with 3DOExp about the maze part.
As for combat I remember it being very slow and I think it was almost RPG-ish in application.

I hit you
You hit me
I hit you
I hit you

Creature dead

I hadn't got very far in it. I do remember there was this pink blobby creature with spikes which you'd frequently come across

I haven't played it in at least four to five years..it's currently in storage.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Seal of the Pharoh is a game that screams 1st generation. Pretty looking ... pretty shallow. If you are patient, there is some fun to be had. The maze aspect doesn't annoy me as much as I thought, but tinman is pretty spot on about the combat ... there isn't much thinking involved. An okay game that just doesn't hold my attention for very long.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:36 pm

That is why I never hear much about it then. Figured! :)