Way of the Warrior

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ATARI5200 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:54 am

Point taking. I would challenge your argument but y bother.

As I've expressd my position. Reviewing older threads have been all the education I need about how conversations go here. A persons expresses their opinions, others comment. Some comments can b seen as antagonistic. Generally if one of the said multi-culturals takes these comments lightly, it ends up being "no big deal", captions will include all the smiley's and whatever.

Respect is mandatory throughout all cultures as well as societal organization and I am not the aggressor in this discussion. Respondents clearly attackd my preference, then tried to sugar coat the "fact" that I am aware of what was being said unlike those that responded to my comments.

To sum things up... I've been reviewing older threads and I becoming more aware of what's considered "acceptable" and "by whom". I not interested n winning the award for the most posts, glorifying my collecting or whatever other interests that maybe available here.

What I do know is when a person is talking smack. I'm just not that person that'll allow another to defame my person in any context. Respect is giving where respect is due! If you have the largest collection or most posts... So what? Gluttony may not be considered virtuous by some, esp. across such a fast cultural landscape to which this forum has been deemed to include.

Up until a year ago... I didn't even know this forum existed. When I started dusting off my relics, I was unaware of the number of people that where actually into older systems. So all the things that I have seen, amazes me just as much as the 3do did back then!

Besides the absurd retro-pricing, availability of select titles and the lack of technological know-how (I'm referring to myself, here). Gaming would appear to be as vast as the actual cosmos... I mean, what can't a person do to a system or game nowadays? Seriously!

I hope everyone finds what there looking for here at 3DO Zone. I certainly wasn't looking for what has just recently happened. Actually one of my first threads w/ a member 3dokid (if I recall correctly). I inquired of his seemingly vast 3do collection 347 & counting plus... and wondered how was this so! So I pm'd the question and in the response I perceived a hint of distaste on the behalf of 3dokid (would quote but this is getting long and so forth), as he seemed to think that I was striving to infer and/or imply, that his collection was in some way not legit!

What did I do? I acknowledged that offense may have been perceived, apologized and got back to striving to figure out this VCD kick that I'm on. How many threads did that take? Three, my quest., his reply then mine.

WOW! I wonder why?!?!? AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THREAD ACTUALLY, no pun intended. Closing note... "thanks for helping get my posts up". Doesn't seem to be many interested in cracking into the VCD/Cd+g side of the tech, at lest recently.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:00 am

What I don't understand is how time can apparently be spent typing out big words like "antagonistic" and "technological", but not even a fraction of a second is taken to write out words like "be" in full.

WAIT! I have a great idea.

(insert lightbulb emoticon.. wait, wait, no, I'll do it myself, thank you)

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Spell check!! Hell yes!

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ATARI5200 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:43 am

So the saga continues with some hecklers, well at lest one.

First, I was striving to be short in responding not wanting to take up much space with long posts.

Second, "b" is B phonically rather written or spoken. But since "A" has to continue 2 b a nitpicking heckler, which needed to be stated once more for clarity (and no... No time to spell out your name just this reply).

Third, "Respecting" the advice from an admin. ( I hope you still following "A"). I decided to lean away from what has been deemed "text talk" (a term I never heard used till today and yes I do text). But, that being said! Outside of a few abbreviations and a b-ball analogy (the "b" is for BASKET-ball). I didn't see what was not to be understood within my comments. * disclaimer: Let's try not to revisit my comments unless it's ultimately necessary (For the sake of resolving this banter).

Lastly, As this has started to become a hot topic for conversation. Take a moment and cut, copy and paste the exact quote where someone asked for clarity. Something might "b" :lol: wrong with my eyes, but I did not see it.

Funny how this turned into an obvious contest/fight oVER who's right or who's wrong. To bad we can't get online and play each other (ON 3DO), which I've never done anyway (WITH NEW TECH).

Kinda reminds me of arguing over the (inter)net..., FOR EVER LAME IN MY OPINION! That being sad "A" have a pleasant day or evening, depending on where your at in the world.
Now image " a skeleton, lava and no damage to my WARRIOR"... Flawess :lol: :lol: :lol:

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER

Blanket apology!

Post by ATARI5200 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:18 am

To anyone offended by comments made any where in this forum posted and authored by yours truly "ATARI5200".

I offer this extended blanket apology. It has not now or ever been my intention to spur offensive by comments which I have or will make. Stating offensive commentary is for online p-cats. A statement made merely to make a point.

Those that took offense are likely the aforementioned or took a direct
statement and misappropriated the comment to include his or herself.

When I made the comment, it was issued as a counterstrike to the presumed attacker/hecklers, which didn't include the last respondent to the matter of discussion. This is why I wrote, "If the shoe fits..."

Again, if anyone in the galaxy took offensive to any of my statements, "My apologies". This was not the intention of my initial response, but once I felt attacked/heckled. I had to pull out my guns, cause where I'm from talking smack can lead to head cracks!

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 am

Well son-of-a-B!

Haha.. I couldn't resist. :lol:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Bollocks. I banned him. Too much bad karma, or to put another way and using a British colloquialism: I thought he was a twat. :twisted:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Calling other members names, having an aggresive manner, posting confrontational replies, and being quick to take offense is no reason to be slapped w/a ban ...

Saying I suck at Way of the Warrior though, should mean being blacklisted for life. :twisted:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Aww maaan, and I wasn't done having fun yet! :lol:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 pm

3DOKid wrote:Bollocks. I banned him. Too much bad karma, or to put another way and using a British colloquialism: I thought he was a twat. :twisted:
All I can say is; Thank God! He was ruining my Way of the Warrior thread! :lol:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Er um. Yeah. That was odd. Quite the surreal thread!

By the way, hi again! Work stress monopolized my attention for months. I've accepted a new job now and I'm back on the 3DO community radar. 4DO updates! Hooray!

As far as Way of the Warrior, I loved this game. I saw it as clearly graphically superior to Mortal Kombat (which is natural to compare to) at least for SNES and Genesis. Graphically I thought it was about as good as you can do. The characters blended pretty well with the environment. I suppose at the time I saw incorporating live actors as the final frontier. I also loved the lava pit fatality.

I'd have to agree on the frustrating controls. I remember the sweep movements (down-to-forward) being hard. Perhaps it really was just the 3DO controllers.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Trev wrote:Saying I suck at Way of the Warrior though, should mean being blacklisted for life. :twisted:
Precisely.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 pm

So, what character does everyone use when they play the game? I'm all over Ninja. However, I feel that possibly that's everyone's defauly character . . .

Austin

Post by Austin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 am

None. This game felt like a chore to play last time I had it. I do want to try it again, you know, to revisit it.. Maybe I will feel otherwise. So no comment other than that. :lol:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 am

Austin wrote:None. This game felt like a chore to play last time I had it. I do want to try it again, you know, to revisit it.. Maybe I will feel otherwise. So no comment other than that. :lol:
Truthfully, the Street Fighter pads did help. I was really not too confident that it would make any difference. It doesn't make the game control Stellar, but it is better and the moves are actually executable now. :wink:

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:31 am

T2KFreeker wrote:So, what character does everyone use when they play the game? I'm all over Ninja. However, I feel that possibly that's everyone's defauly character . . .
Mine was nobunaga. I got a kick of the fatality where he cuts people in half.

elitegamer
3DO ZERO USER

Now we know the pecking order

Post by elitegamer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 pm

I have always be fond of this particular game. Besides the few "minor" programming flaws, which faded as I became more determined to beat this game. The difficulty of the AI is brutal, but once one becomes more familiar with the idiosyncrasies the games becomes more playable and fun, at lest as far as I'm concerned.

Back in the day my friends and I use to "go at it!". Single player play was always arduous, however I remember beating Kull with multiple characters.
Unlocking all the secrets has still evaded me, due to the shear difficulty of this game. When Naughty released their tips and cheats, I think they excluded some of the deeper hidden cookies just to see if they would ever be discovered without their aid.

That being said. I reset my scores and gave WOTW another shot. It took a total of 74 matches, my record was 11-63, but again I came out victorious!
Once again Kull has been vanquished! To much my chagrin... The ending is Horrible. After all that you would think the ending of the game would be more in depth.

What more can I say? Some people like it, others hate it! Me I think that the Way was /is great and the Dogs are to be commended for the "garage" project.

One final note... I've never been a fan of metal or whatever kind of music the Zombies made, but for some reason... "Bytch you ain't nothing, YEAH YEAH, YEAH!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:16 am

Stupid question: After going through my games, I realized I have one of the "Demo" Way of the Warrior discs. I am assuming these are the discs that were given out with the demo binders? How rare are these? I'm not looking to let it go as I actually like WotW, but I was just wondering about scarcity on this one!

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:37 am

Emmm... guys... what do you think about this... stuff? :? Looks horribly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Way-of-the-Warr ... 416b14ad6a

It's not my listing.
Looking for sealed and rare 3DO games and stuff. Just PM me about what you have to offer.

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:07 am

I saw that Silentman (in fact it's in my 'Watch' list ;)) but it's clearly a heart, not a brain as the seller has described it. Or am I wrong?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:47 am

Id say its a heart.

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 am

1. Take one old cardboard box.
2. Take one plastic heart from "young surgeon" kid's bundle.
3. Take one pigtail.
4. Attach WOTW emblem to the heart and pigtail to the box.
5. Tada! You've got supermegarare item!

No links, no proof = garbage.
Looking for sealed and rare 3DO games and stuff. Just PM me about what you have to offer.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 am

Damn! How'd I miss this thread? What a "twat" - and yes we still use that term in the colonies :lol:
I've got to go all patriotic and say Shakey Jake as my preferred character - and as for that auction maybe bitrate could elaborate on the item?
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:59 am

I use that term on a pretty much daily basis mate ;)

Yes, we definitely need some sort of confirmation of the authenticity of this item from someone like bitrate. Can't find any information on it via Google.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Silentman wrote:Emmm... guys... what do you think about this... stuff? :? Looks horribly.

http://www.evilbay.com/itm/Way-of-the-W ... 416b14ad6a

It's not my listing.
The Chinese take out container makes me skeptical ...
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm

grimm wrote:Id say its a heart.
Me too, though a brain would make a LOT more sense, given that it's attached to a ponytail... If that really is an official promo item, it would seem the promoters got more than a bit mixed up on human anatomy.

On the other hand, if it's a scam, why on Earth did the scammer pick Way of the Warrior?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 am

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the logo on the box? We should all message him asking "Did you make this yourself?" haha

Oh did you see his other auction?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ICO-Promotional ... 3f1c8bdece
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

ALWAYS WANTED THIS GAME...
but whenever it turns up for sale, it's far too expensive vs what it actually is.

I made the mistake (unknowingly) of buying a Japanese copy to play on my PAL unit, only to be greeted with a very disappointing "don't think so mate" type reply.

I borrowed a JP 3DO v.briefly and got to try it out one evening. It seemed ok, but having HP & HK assigned to the shoulders with no pad config options helped kill the enjoyment a bit for me. When I gave the guy his 3DO back, I gave him that game too. I had zero use for it. But I still remain optimistic I can find a realistic and fair priced PAL copy eventually.

Then I'll be able to give a proper opinion on the game...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:06 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:ALWAYS WANTED THIS GAME...
but whenever it turns up for sale, it's far too expensive vs what it actually is.

I made the mistake (unknowingly) of buying a Japanese copy to play on my PAL unit, only to be greeted with a very disappointing "don't think so mate" type reply.

I borrowed a JP 3DO v.briefly and got to try it out one evening. It seemed ok, but having HP & HK assigned to the shoulders with no pad config options helped kill the enjoyment a bit for me. When I gave the guy his 3DO back, I gave him that game too. I had zero use for it. But I still remain optimistic I can find a realistic and fair priced PAL copy eventually.

Then I'll be able to give a proper opinion on the game...
NGNinja, knowing you are a Jaguar fan, this game is kind of like Kasumi Ninja is on the Jaguar. It's obviously the MK Clone of the system, and even though not the greatest game ever made, it's still enough of a guilty pleasure to be worth playing. Again, I pop in with the Fighter Pad comment. The Capcom Soldier pad does help with the controls. I haven't tried any of the other pads out there that were set up for fighting, but it really does make the game control much nicer, much like the Jaguar Pro Pad helps with many of the Jaguar games too.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:38 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:NGNinja, knowing you are a Jaguar fan, this game is kind of like Kasumi Ninja is on the Jaguar. It's obviously the MK Clone of the system, and even though not the greatest game ever made, it's still enough of a guilty pleasure to be worth playing. Again, I pop in with the Fighter Pad comment. The Capcom Soldier pad does help with the controls. I haven't tried any of the other pads out there that were set up for fighting, but it really does make the game control much nicer, much like the Jaguar Pro Pad helps with many of the Jaguar games too.
ALRIGHT 'FREEKER...
what's with the crazy avatar btw? :P

Thanks for the heads up re: Capcom Soldier Pad. I have one of those. When I first got it, I thought the dpad was going to be useless, but how wrong I was! It's genuinely, really good. I was very surprised :D

Seems like the face buttons will help my enjoyment of this game then. Will have to pick it up, but as usual, the price is half the battle. There's a copy for £30 on EVILBAYEVILEVILEVILBAY right now, but as you can appreciate, that's $50+ in your currency! A lot, huh?

As a sidenote Freeker, I took delivery of Foes of Ali today. I mention this as I remember you championing this on JSII a good while ago. Yeah, I remember his stuff dude 8)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote: As a sidenote Freeker, I took delivery of Foes of Ali today. I mention this as I remember you championing this on JSII a good while ago. Yeah, I remember his stuff dude 8)
He is correct, Foes of Ali is great! An underappreciated 3DO gem!