Iron Angel of the Apocalypse

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

maclic
3DO ZERO USER

Iron Angel of the Apocalypse

Post by maclic » Sun May 27, 2007 1:23 am

Some time ago, I decided to make some penitence for my sins. So I played Iron Angel of the Apocalypse to the end. As most of you know this is a crappy first person shooter.
The cinemas are dated for today but they were great in the time when this game were released.
There is cinema near the end that I really like. It is when the android confronts the scientist and absorb his personality. The few seconds in that process when the android explains what it fees are interesting, at least for me.
For most people it just a crappy cinema in a crappy game, but I think they were really inpired in that little part.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:54 pm

i tried to play this game but i got bored after awhile and just quit playing (damn A.D.D.) :D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:41 pm

I tend to agree. It was an awful game make no mistake, but it is weird in a compelling way. Iron Angel 2 is actually noticeably better - and equally weird.

They are obviously Doom clones but ...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:29 am

Hmm, I have always been quite fond of the Iron Angel games. Very different in the story area. I was always kind of spooked with what they were doing though.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!