escape from monster manor

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

escape from monster manor

Post by 3DOKid » Sat May 26, 2007 11:46 pm

did you finish it? if so - what happens?

maclic
3DO ZERO USER

Post by maclic » Sun May 27, 2007 1:14 am

I finished it some time ago. I don´t remember exactly the end. The same voice of the intro says something about it is not the end or something and an image of the talisman, nothing especial.
Last edited by maclic on Sun May 27, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Sun May 27, 2007 1:56 am

I finished twice, long time ago. The end sequence as said by Maclic, shows the complete talisman and says something that I dont remeber by now. It's a crappy end sequence, BTW. Maybe there is better one if you get all the the treasures and the secrets.

I really likes the mood and music of this game.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Mon May 28, 2007 3:29 am

Would you say this game is worth going out of my way to aquire and play through?

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Mon May 28, 2007 6:01 am

bonefish wrote:Would you say this game is worth going out of my way to aquire and play through?
That depends of how much you likes "Wolfenstein-style" FPS games. It means long corridors, a single floor, no texturing on ceiling or floor, one secret or another, Lots of silly enemies and on this particular case, only one weapon (but at least is a good one. It is better than the GhostBusters tough).

Like I said, the music and the graphics in this game are pretty good on 3do, and there is no choppynes at all.

I loved the game when I played for the first time on 1994, and still love today. But I did not what would be my reaction if I meet the game today,for the first time.

More here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcp6tHs6bGQ

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon May 28, 2007 11:52 am

bonefish wrote:Would you say this game is worth going out of my way to aquire and play through?

Ooh! Ooh! Let me answer that. "No".

I've always had a nagging doubt that it haboured some intensely wonderful ending sequence. but, as we have seen, apparently not.

The sound effects are good though!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:32 am

Escape From Monster Manor was awesome when it released. It is still fun, but it is hard pressed to say it is worth going out of your way to find a copy. Killing Time was a much better game in the end.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!