Games On FreeDO & Bios..................

4DO & Freedo, we have tried playing some 200 games on them - if you have a question we might be able to help!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

thenodfather
3DO ZERO USER

Games On FreeDO & Bios..................

Post by thenodfather » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:38 am

Can you please post a link to here can I download games to play on the FreeDO? Thank you.

What Bios do people use in their FreeDO? I have: Gold Star Bios, Bios-3DO FZ-10, Bios Fz, and Patched Bios. All I know about these is that these were the names that are on the files so I hope they are correct.
The problem is, I can play games but the sound cuts in and out and the gameplay isn't smooth, allot of stopping and starting in it.
I was wondering what is the best Bios and Setting to use to get the best sounnd reproduction and smoothed gameplay?

Thank you very much :D
Time Is But A Window, Death Is But A Door, I'll Be Back!

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 am

Honestly. Freedo is cool because it's a 3do emulator (obviously), but it just sucks it certain ways. The graphic reproduction is great but the sound is so damn bad... ear splittingly bad. I just can't play anything on it, sound is such a large part of the 3do experience. No joystick support either. Progress on it is slow but how much can you ask of guys to do this in their spare time. As far as ISO files... google is friend.

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Le Taon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:04 pm

bonefish wrote:Honestly. Freedo is cool because it's a 3do emulator (obviously), but it just sucks it certain ways. The graphic reproduction is great but the sound is so damn bad... ear splittingly bad. I just can't play anything on it, sound is such a large part of the 3do experience. No joystick support either. Progress on it is slow but how much can you ask of guys to do this in their spare time. As far as ISO files... google is friend.
I think, that the graphic reproduction is better in another 3DO emulator - FreeDO Phoenix 35.1.
and if you want a good sound in games - you need a good computer (non 2 core), cause in some test old Athlon is better than a GOOD new machine.
for example - i have no problem with sound (AMD Athlon 1.7, 512 mb.) grafic card is not important, cause emulator doesn't use open GL for now.

and what about games.... I don't understand - why not to help, and give a man some links? In my forum we have a big thread with link. And there are some forums that specialize on link with games.
The head of the Russian 3DO Community

thenodfather
3DO ZERO USER

Post by thenodfather » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:58 pm

Thank you for that.

But on Google I tried "3DO Game Downloads", 3DO Iso Download Sites" and others relating to 3DO Game downloads, but alas, nothing.

Maybe you could give me a hint what to search for please?

I don't understand - why not to help, and give a man some links? In my forum we have a big thread with link. And there are some forums that specialize on link with games.
Le Taon what is site you speak of? Maybe you could post it here or private message to me?

Thank you very much, hope fully I'll get to play Wing Commander 3 again on the 3DO :D
Time Is But A Window, Death Is But A Door, I'll Be Back!

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Le Taon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:06 pm

:wink: private message

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Le Taon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:21 pm

oh! so many people wrote me privite message.
so for further questions:

I have a 3DO site - http://threedo.narod.ru/ - maybe it is a problem to use that link in other countries

and this is 3DO forum http://threedo.1bb.ru/index.php?act=idx

its a Russian forum, but you can use NON-RUSSIAN BOARD- http://threedo.1bb.ru/index.php?showforum=14 we will help you with links and info. or you can use translation sites.

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Windows Killer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:29 pm

Le Taon wrote:and what about games.... I don't understand - why not to help, and give a man some links?
Because there are still some people left who actually respect copyrights? 3DO games are not freeware, downloading them is illegal. You can get them cheap via eBay, so there's no excuse for downloading them instead.

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Le Taon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:25 pm

I have all games in license, which I play, I have a lot of consoles and all the games are License, but I understand some people, who cannot buy old game. What are you talking about? do you really think, that Panasonic will hunt you for using 3DO bios? Panasonic has no rights, even Patents are not in power now. games - ha, who has rights? Any Channel? Silmarils? all this companies are dead, and if people will not download that games - everyone will forget 3DO, because CD is not immortal.
that games, 3DO, the cult of great time of 3do - everything is remembered - because we keep it alive. and I think, that we must help others with games

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm just way too lazy to help. The only game I've ever had a desire to download was Luncinee's Quest ($100 no way) and after a bit of poking around I found it. Yay...

Le Taon
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Games On FreeDO & Bios..................

Post by Le Taon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

thenodfather wrote:Can you please post a link to here can I download games to play on the FreeDO? Thank you.

What Bios do people use in their FreeDO? I have: Gold Star Bios, Bios-3DO FZ-10, Bios Fz, and Patched Bios.....
Hey! where did you download patched bios? the first place, where it appears was my site :) it became popular so quickly ;)

do you have a Japan bios? it is for launching such J games as Blue Forest, because this bios was lockated on the cd with game.

darci663
3DO ZERO USER

Post by darci663 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Is 3do or any other company still making these games? NO

Will they suffer harm if I copy a game from the internet? NO

Is this illegal? Probably

What will 3do do to you for copying a game on the internet? Nothing! They couldn't even manage their own business without going under!!!

Moral of the story...If you are no longer producing the game in question or making money on the programing involved... shut the frak up and get on with your life!!!

WindowsKiller
3DO ZERO USER

Post by WindowsKiller » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Please don't bump 2-year old threads.

Second, before posting in a forum, you should read the sticky threads and announcements. It's not allowed to ask for ROM dumps or ISOs here. If you don't like that, fine. But you don't have to tell the world. No one cares. There are lots of "warez" boards where you can get games instead.

And, by the way, 3DO made the system, but not all of the games (only a small fraction of them, actually). There are still many companies that could sue you.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:31 pm

I agree w/WindowsKiller, these topics have already been addressed. Regardless of our personal opinions, we have to respect forum rules.