I need a 3DO

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

I need a 3DO

Post by Gunstar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but i don't see any selling/trading/marketplace forum on site.

anyway, I was forced to sell my FZ-1 last winter when I was unemployed and desperate, and I am looking to get it back. I prefer an FZ-1, but I'd be happy with an FZ-10 too. If anyone has one of these for sale, please let me know. I don't use e-Pay anymore becuase their policies and tons of rate hikes of the last couple of years, so now I buy, sell and trade only on system forums. Since I don't see any area for that here, i've started this thread. Feel free to send me a personal message or post hear, if it's ok with the moderators.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Re: I need a 3DO

Post by FrumpleOrz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 am

Gunstar wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but i don't see any selling/trading/marketplace forum on site.

anyway, I was forced to sell my FZ-1 last winter when I was unemployed and desperate, and I am looking to get it back. I prefer an FZ-1, but I'd be happy with an FZ-10 too. If anyone has one of these for sale, please let me know. I don't use e-Pay anymore becuase their policies and tons of rate hikes of the last couple of years, so now I buy, sell and trade only on system forums. Since I don't see any area for that here, i've started this thread. Feel free to send me a personal message or post hear, if it's ok with the moderators.
You don't see one because this stuff isn't allowed anymore, dude.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:36 am

Thank you. And I'm not a "dude." So don't get rude with me, it's not like I'm asking for something illegal. :roll:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:57 am

Howsit going Gunstar? Haven't seen you here in a VERY long time. No sales area anymore amn, too much drama says 3DOKid, and he would know being the guy that runs the place. Stick around though Mate, you might get lucky through PM's from someone.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:28 am

We told everyone looking to trade/buy/sell to go to Amazon/Ebay. Too much drama, arguments, theft, bull*hit.

Trading is forbidden.

As is trolling.

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Gunstar wrote:Thank you. And I'm not a "dude." So don't get rude with me, it's not like I'm asking for something illegal. :roll:
Whoa, relax. Wasn't trying to be rude. Sorry if it came across that way!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 pm

There are plenty of US online shops that sell 3do consoles, so you have other choices if you dont want to use ebay. You just gotta look around and see what they have in stock. Prices seem to differ pretty wildly between them, but in general around ebay prices or slightly less in my experience.. So i suggest you look at such places if you cant find what you want in a particular forum's sales subforum.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:59 am

Gunstar, I'd also recommend putting a WTB thread up at AtariAge. I know you're a regular over there, and a lot of people browse that marketplace forum. You will probably get some bites there.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:23 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:
Gunstar wrote:Thank you. And I'm not a "dude." So don't get rude with me, it's not like I'm asking for something illegal. :roll:
Whoa, relax. Wasn't trying to be rude. Sorry if it came across that way!
Apology accepted (and/or my mistake, sorry to you too), yeah, it came off as a bit rude, to me anyway.
Last edited by Gunstar on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trip WHOkins?!?

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I naturally tried here first becuase it is a 3DO fan forum, after all, and since I hadn't been around for a little over a year, I didn't know about rule changes, not that I ever noticed or looked for a marketplace forum here before anyway.

@T2Kfreeker: yeah, I don't see much point in visiting sites for consoles I don't own (anymore). But I've been desperately missing my 3DO so I thought I'd come by again.
Trip WHOkins?!?

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:30 am

Austin wrote:Gunstar, I'd also recommend putting a WTB thread up at AtariAge. I know you're a regular over there, and a lot of people browse that marketplace forum. You will probably get some bites there.
Thanks, I'll try that next since I know now we can't do that here anymore.
Trip WHOkins?!?

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:49 pm

If I'm not mistaken isn't 3DO system buy/sell/trade allowed at the main CDI forum? (http://www.cdinteractive.co.uk/forum/)
BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Maybe I'm paranoid, but i see what's happening here.

Let me clarify: Trading will never come back.

which is a shame but the minority, ruined it for the majority. Between scammers, drama queens and the certifiably insane, it's just not worth the hassle and the heart-ache.

I sold a bunch of games and other stuff on eBay recently, exactly 30 items. 27 transactions were flawless. Decent people like you and I, just buying stuff.

Of the 10% remaining, 2 didn't pay which is pathetic. And one started to haggle the price after the auction ended and he had won. Tosser. So i told him clear off I wasn't selling it to him. He then accused me of being rude. I accused him of being a f**king idiot, and we left it there.

Some people are so stupid, so selfish, so self-enabled, they think it's okay.

Well not here. Sorry: No trading.