Boxed 3DO H.A.S. STEERING WHEEL

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO JohnEdward
3DO ZERO USER

Boxed 3DO H.A.S. STEERING WHEEL

Post by 3DO JohnEdward » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:20 am

I proudly present my ""HOLY GRAIL"" the Home Arcade Systems Inc. 3DO Boxed Steering Wheel. Seems finding information about this on internet is like winning the lottery . :?
OH for those interested I posted my "Introduction" in that topic for info bout me.

Would love to find out more about this hardware item for the 3DO. I think memory serves this was also designed for 1 or 2 other lesser game play systems in mid 90's and you have to buy the correct boxed model to work on each system and they wont work on any system except one marked on box.

How many members have one and do we know roughly how many may still be in existence?.

I just love the box says "Arcade controllers for the home (and Office ) " just what office allowed employees to play video games on steering wheels geesh I missed that occupation. Too funny.
For those not in the know the paddle shifting controls on the steering wheel were LIGHT years ahead of its time. Hell only Indy cars had such in 90's. Steering Wheel paddle shifters just came into being in past few years on cars we drive. GO GAMING innovators of the future LOL.

Controls are as follows:

Right steering wheel arm button FRONT is throttle
Right " " " " ON BACK is neutral and Gear Upshift
Left steering wheel arm button FRONT is BRAKE ( what the heck is that for GRIN )
Left " " " " ON BACK is neutral and Gear downshift & Reverse
Top button on right panel ( one at top of 5 buttons ) Enter
Next down on right is Pause, Restart, Game options and Quit
Next down on right is View-- Dash , above rear of car and way behind car overhead
On left two buttons as my bad memory serves is shift up and shift down ( never use them)

Here ya go ENJOY. I believe these to be the most extensive photos of this accessory that exist on internet ( WOW ONLY 2 pics showed under a Google search 3DO Steering Wheel)

Orig. Owner FZ-10 system, 34 games incl. Game Guru and HAS 3DO STEERING WHEEL in ORIG. BOX. Have 403 Cassette Walkman USE DAILY ANALOG RULES! Atari 2600 1st/ 2nd Generation consoles, 112 Games, Starpath Supercharger and 7 cassette tape digital encoded games.
AH and I love to go FAST .... current car 640 Horsepower runs 11.1 seconds in 1/4 mile. Yeah I REFUSE TO GROW UP !

3DO JohnEdward
3DO ZERO USER

3DO HAS Steering Wheel VIDEO

Post by 3DO JohnEdward » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:27 am

Well here ya go the next best thing to owning one.. seeing it in ACTION !!! Had friend come over this evening and drive while I shot a video. Yeah he hasn't played it in very long time .... but the show off remembered how to make the car do BURNOUT DONUTS... not much of a skill to win the game..... :lol: but cool to see. SECOND VIDEO shows more racing and steering control by wheel both TV screen and wheel visible showing exact mirrored steering response wheel to game.

You Tube Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AXm74lZqFk&feature=plcp

http://youtu.be/6riPg5a1yu4
Last edited by 3DO JohnEdward on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orig. Owner FZ-10 system, 34 games incl. Game Guru and HAS 3DO STEERING WHEEL in ORIG. BOX. Have 403 Cassette Walkman USE DAILY ANALOG RULES! Atari 2600 1st/ 2nd Generation consoles, 112 Games, Starpath Supercharger and 7 cassette tape digital encoded games.
AH and I love to go FAST .... current car 640 Horsepower runs 11.1 seconds in 1/4 mile. Yeah I REFUSE TO GROW UP !

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:29 am

That's awesome. :)

Dreygor
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreygor » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:06 am

I'm in awe *bows*
Become part of The 3DO Initiative! <-- Click on link!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks for sharing the great pics! :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO JohnEdward
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO JohnEdward » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Appreciate the compliment on the photos Trev :)

Here are my Pad Controllers

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:58 am

Love that wheel !
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"