TWISTED IS THE BEST GAME SHOW VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Fenix
3DO ZERO USER

TWISTED IS THE BEST GAME SHOW VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME!

Post by Fenix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:41 pm

TWISTED is the BEST game show video game of all time! What do you guys think?? I think it was done very well for its time...
"IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU IF YOUR A GOD... YOU SAY YES!"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 pm

No argument from me. Twisted is probably my favorite 3DO game ever. (I think it was Trip Hawkins favorite too)

I also like Zhadnost and even Station Invasion (despite being kiddie fare) But the original is the best.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zook1981 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:08 pm

I love Twisted. It was my first game back in 1995 that came with the FZ-1 I bought. I just picked up my copy a few days ago, this game is great to play with others too.

Fenix
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Fenix » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 pm

I agree with both of you.. It's really fun to play for it being a game show.
"IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU IF YOUR A GOD... YOU SAY YES!"

AfterDark3DO

Post by AfterDark3DO » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Absolutely bizarre and such a novelty at the time, even nowadays. What is not to like about Twisted?. :D

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zook1981 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:14 am

To my pleasent surprise my fiancee who is 12 years older than me and hates video games actually loves to play Twisted with me. We were playing last night, it is great that I can finally share a game with her, of course until the game froze :cry: :x :roll:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 pm

:shock: She's a cradle robber! j/k :wink: It's nice to see a man who likes women more mature than he.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 pm

zook1981 wrote:To my pleasent surprise my fiancee who is 12 years older than me and hates video games actually loves to play Twisted with me. We were playing last night, it is great that I can finally share a game with her, of course until the game froze :cry: :x :roll:
My wife is 2 years older. As I say: she's robbing the cradle, I'm robbing the grave.

I love your little mashup of emoticons there. They're the natural progression of 3DO reboot situations:
:cry: What?? I was doing great and I couldn't save!
:x Augh! This stupid thing keeps crashing! I'll have to buy yet another!!
:roll: Well, I guess that's the common challenges of 3DO ownership for you.

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zook1981 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Indeed, I only brought up her age because she always complains that people her age do not play video games, blah blah blah, and now Twisted got her hooked.
That was definately my emotions in order, I think the problem is I did not clean my disks when they arrived. Sherlock Holmes was messed up too til I wiped it down. I was worried the machine was screwed up!

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:49 am

JohnnyDude wrote:I love your little mashup of emoticons there. They're the natural progression of 3DO reboot situations:
:cry: What?? I was doing great and I couldn't save!
:x Augh! This stupid thing keeps crashing! I'll have to buy yet another!!
:roll: Well, I guess that's the common challenges of 3DO ownership for you.
It's pretty similar to the stages of dying:
:? Denial
:x Anger
:wink: Bargaining
:cry: Depression
:roll: Acceptance

Only to be fair, it's hard to be in denial about a 3DO not working, and you certainly can't bargain with one. When it happens to me I just make this face :shock: and cross my fingers that it won't do it again.

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zook1981 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:14 am

That was the exact minset because I just got it, and I was worried it was on it's last when I got it. I hope it never breaks because if it does I will probably buy a replacement.

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:20 am

Same here. I don't know the history of my FZ-1, and I'm always nervous about old consoles. I get a lil paranoid anytime I get an error message, the CD tray makes more (perceived) noise than usual, or even when a game takes too long to load. 3DOs are not easy to replace, and they're at the age where the caps and batteries are starting to go bad...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 am

nixzero wrote:I don't know the history of my FZ-1
Here's a funny story ...

Several years ago I sold one of my 3DO's as I didn't see the need to keep many duplicate consoles in the tiny place I was living in at the time. Time passed, my Goldstar unit died, and I decided that I missed the FZ-1. So I bid, and got a decent deal on a unit and some games. It arrived, and after checking it out I popped in a demo disc to clear out the old saves. I still remember the bewilderment I felt when cycling through them ... there were several that had the name "Trev" attached to them. :shock:

Coincedence? Maybe. But given that 3DO consoles didn't set the world on fire in sales, that Trev isn't the most common name, and that all the games were ones in my collection ... I'll never know for certain, but I'd like to think that my 3DO console returned home. 8)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:51 am

Crazy! Definitely too uncanny to be a coincidence!

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zook1981 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 pm

That is crazy, I would almost think that probably is yours I wish my original would return but I sold it in 1997 to a friend who sold it to another friend who sold it to another friend, so I am sure it's long gone. My second 3DO went all the way to Russia so I do not think I will see that one again.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

nixzero wrote:It's pretty similar to the stages of dying:
:? Denial
:x Anger
:wink: Bargaining
:cry: Depression
:roll: Acceptance

Only to be fair, it's hard to be in denial about a 3DO not working, and you certainly can't bargain with one.
Sure you can. I once promised my Saturn I would clean it every day if it would just power up again. Of course, I didn't keep my promise after it did power up. After all, machines aren't smart enough to suspect deception. :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Trev wrote:
nixzero wrote:I don't know the history of my FZ-1
Here's a funny story ...

Several years ago I sold one of my 3DO's as I didn't see the need to keep many duplicate consoles in the tiny place I was living in at the time. Time passed, my Goldstar unit died, and I decided that I missed the FZ-1. So I bid, and got a decent deal on a unit and some games. It arrived, and after checking it out I popped in a demo disc to clear out the old saves. I still remember the bewilderment I felt when cycling through them ... there were several that had the name "Trev" attached to them. :shock:

Coincedence? Maybe. But given that 3DO consoles didn't set the world on fire in sales, that Trev isn't the most common name, and that all the games were ones in my collection ... I'll never know for certain, but I'd like to think that my 3DO console returned home. 8)
Yeah, I'd say it was your old deck! That's pretty awesome!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"