Time 2 Die

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

zook1981
3DO ZERO USER

Time 2 Die

Post by zook1981 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 am

On the subject of one of the best 3DO games "Killing Time," also one of my favorites. I remember back in 1994 as 13 year old boy reading one of my usually "Gamepro" magazines and remember coming across a section that showed pics and quick blurbs about 3DO games. I had already fallen in love earlier with "Demolition Man" and already wanted the 3DO badly, but my obsession grew stronger when I saw the pictures for Time 2 Die, and now I wanted the 3DO even more.
I know that the name Time 2 Die did not last before it was changed to Killing time. My reason for starting this thread is, I was wondering if there was ever anything released with the name Time 2 Die, such as a rare copy of the game, maybe some posters, literature. If so let's see some pics!

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 am

I think the Goldstar 3do box had a screenshot of killing time with the title being "time 2 die"

On the soccer kid disc, there is a trailer for killing time (its only a few static images with voice over) with the original "time 2 die" title

Those are the only two I have personally seen

I'd love to know if people know more

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 am

I think one of my games had an ad for it as Time 2 Die as well.

There's a thread somewhere in the forums with lots of various media about killing time. I'm too lazy to search for this at the moment.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:29 pm

JohnnyDude wrote:There's a thread somewhere in the forums with lots of various media about killing time. I'm too lazy to search for this at the moment.
You don't need to... it's stickied. :P

I'm guessing the name was changed when they realized, "Wait, shouldn't Left 2 Die be the name of the second game in the series? ...By the way, someone make a note to call the fourth game in the series Left 4 Dead."

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:12 am

Oh sorry I forgot to post, I looked a my Goldstar box before going on vacation. It has a screenshot but says Killing Time. However I do believe there were multiple releases of the GS model.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Both of my Goldstars have "time 2 die" on their boxes
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 am

mattyg wrote:Both of my Goldstars have "time 2 die" on their boxes
Cool, does it use the clown picture as the screenshot?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"