I wish we could see this on 3DO

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

I wish we could see this on 3DO

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:47 am

So a few years ago a new rpg was made for the Genesis called Pier Solar

It looks pretty sweet. Its being ported to current consoles as well as the Sega Dreamcast. Now I am super excited its coming to Dreamcast. I love the Dreamcast.

I just wish we could see projects like this get some love on the 3DO

The 3DO could run a beefed up version of the Genesis version for sure.

http://m.joystiq.com/2012/11/05/genesis ... ckstarter/

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:08 am

I doubt we'll ever see anything of this magnitude for the 3DO, but yeah, would love to see Pier Solar or similar games on the 3DO for sure.. It could certainly handle them.

I have Pier Solar the first re-print edition and the later released CD pack, but i havent played far into it, mainly because im not in a jrpg mood and havent been for a long time. But it is certainly a solid game, and better than many professionally developed games back in the golden era of jrpg. Not implying the guys behind Watermelon arnt professional, but the game did not start like that, it began life as a humble forum collaboration, and grew from there over many years. Only after the success of Pier Solar have they really become a real studio, itching to develop new games, and they have several new game projects begun.

Problem with getting them to do anything for the 3DO, is i dont think any of them are that big a fan of the system, and they do polls to let people decide and invest in the new projects. I dont think 3DO would stand a chance compared to sega and nintendo..

But again, id love to see something like this, newly developed for our favourite system.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 am

Your probably right. However perhaps we all should pay their forum a visit and let our voices be heard even if our voice doesnt exactly roar like a lion

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 am

No one is stopping you. Ill post in your thread, but i dont have the energy to create one myself, i have too much shit in my life right now. in 5 weeks im required to work at some place that will receive $750/month out of my tax-money to give me work i wont receive a paycheck for, simply because ive been unemployed for 450 days, or more. Luckily i had work many many years ago that helped me build up a level of financial "benefit" that will give me enough money that i can survive without going on wellfare. This is provided i can work 100%, which i cant, according to doctors, therapists and what not. People who have not had this possibility, will recieve nothing, and must seek welfare, while they work for free for someone.

But enough of my personal issues. If you start up a thread asking them to port PS for 3DO, i will back you.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Wow man. That really sucks :(

I hope things get better

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:23 pm

I can relate a bit.

Im gonna be laid off in a month. I just found out my wife is pregnant.
Not the best combo for financial goodness.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Not at all. Children and especially babies are bottomless money pits.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Exactly! Not only that...they will steal my time to game away from me!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:23 pm

I dont like most children so i will never have that problem hehe.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Well I plan to make sure the kid will be a gamer so it wont be all bad.

I get to control his gaming education!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:56 pm

or her.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 pm

True. Im pulling for a boy though. I believe we will know in a month what it will be

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Never understood why people want this or the other when it comes to gender. i think its the person that matter, not what gender it ends up having. But whatever works for you. EIther way we are way off topic now haha.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Indeed we are not helping the cause of Pier Solar on the 3DO lol

Im not sayin Id be super pissed if it was a girl. Just prefer a boy. If its a girl then she will be a girl gamer. Nothing wrong with that

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 am

Lol, from rpgs to newborn babes. :P

Anyway, been seeing and hearing about this game via kickstarter and elsewhere. Nearly sprung for the DC port, but cash crunch prevented me. Looks very polished though. Would love to see it (or any new game for that matter) on 3DO.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:09 pm

We did get slightly off topic there lol

I love the Dreamcast so Im glad something new is coming to the Dreamcast. Just wish the 3DO got some indie releases as well