Recent 3DO Purchases

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 pm

I always thought I had this but it turns out I didn't. Anyway, managed to secure myself a copy on eBay last week.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 pm

I finally scored my 6 button wireless controllers, at a webshop based out of the netherlands for €40. Not too bad and they look in great condition.

http://www.picpaste.com/pics/6buttonwir ... 804198.jpg

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

grimm wrote:I finally scored my 6 button wireless controllers, at a webshop based out of the netherlands for €40. Not too bad and they look in great condition.

http://www.picpaste.com/pics/6buttonwir ... 804198.jpg
Well done grimm, I know you've been looking for these for a while and they're very hard to find!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Thank you 3DO Si. I couldnt really afford them, but i couldnt let them go either when i found them by "mistake", so im gonna have to live on pasta this month which sucks... But its worth it. I finally have my wireless 6 button controllers! yay

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:40 pm

They look gorgeous. Who's the manufacturer?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm

A company called Fire. They made several different controllers for different systems, and i believe also universal adapters for the snes. or at least these items carried the Fire brand. Ive seen the same controller with different brand names on it, including Fire if i recall.

Not seen many pics of these tho, but those i have seen, have all been Fire brand, so good guess would be only they branded this product. Cant wait to get them and try them out. I hope they have a good d-pad!

Edit: actually a search on google brought me to 3DO Si's collection thread right here on the forums, same controllers in a different box, but the receiver is still branded Fire. Interesting

http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/view ... af3ab7dbaa

Edit 2: The controllers arrived and the backside had the UFO logo molded into the plastic, so i suppose its UFO who made these. They look in very good condition, the box too with original baggies and everything, but the shoulder buttons are slightly mushy compared to the original fz-1 controllers, but on the other hand the face buttons work well, and the d-pad is better in my opinion. Just one complaint really, the battery compartment is ridiculously tight, very hard to get aaa-batteries in.. Overall im very satisfied and i dont think i paid too much either.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:52 am

I just purchased CPU Bach, brand new, sealed, for a nice $16-ish shipped. Looking forward to trying this one when it arrives..

For anyone that doesn't have it, the seller I got it from still has two copies, both sealed for the same price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SID-MEIERS-C-P- ... 4ac2637f23

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:00 am

Austin wrote:I just purchased CPU Bach, brand new, sealed, for a nice $16-ish shipped. Looking forward to trying this one when it arrives..

For anyone that doesn't have it, the seller I got it from still has two copies, both sealed for the same price: http://www.evilbay.com/itm/SID-MEIERS-C ... 4ac2637f23
Awesome! That's a great deal ... besides being a fantastic title, I love CPU's unique box and the terrific booklet that comes with it! :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:07 pm

I just got a copy of Sample This! for $5 and change, shipped. Really looking forward to getting a look to that Crystal Dynamics game that could have been, Cyberclash. For that matter, I haven't been able to make up my mind on whether or not to get Pataank, so it'll be good to try that one out. And I'm kind of curious to see what they would include in a playable demo of Star Control II.

Am I the only one who expected Gex to be giving a one-finger salute on the cover?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:47 pm

PaTaank is awesome!
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:49 pm

So... The Star Control II demo is just the Super Melee mode. I have to say, that seems a dumb way to market the game. At least they did a much better job with the Total Eclipse and The Horde demos.

Very disappointed by the Cyberclash demo. Bad enough that it's only 20 seconds long, but they don't even show any gameplay! :( A shame, since reading the manual, it sounds like this would have been a very interesting game.

And I still can't make up my mind about Pataank! It's clearly another 3DO game that you can't just pick up and play, though after about 15 minutes I was starting to get somewhere with it. I find the visuals very unappealing, and have to agree with the Video Game Critic that the frame rate is a problem. As mentioned elsewhere, I almost never pay attention to frame rate, but in Pataank it really does make it hard to tell what's happening. Still, it is at the least an interesting game, and I feel like I want to see more of it.

On the good side, I messed around a bit with The Horde for the heck of it. I've long had the Saturn version but could never get farther than the Tree Realms of Alburga, and haven't played it in years. After playing this demo, I feel like I'm ready to take another shot at beating the game! :D I was getting the construction phase done with time to spare, planting and successfully protecting cows, and feeling much more relaxed about battling the hordlings. Most importantly, I was really having fun. I've always thought The Horde to be a fun game, but on the last few plays I had before putting it away, frustration was overcoming my enjoyment of the title. Now I can hardly wait to pop the game back into my Saturn.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 am

For what is worth, the full retail release of PaTaank is much more polished than the rather sloppy demo version. I wasn't overly fond of the demo myself, yet PaTaank is one of my favorite 3DO games!

Even though I loved the 3DO demo discs back in the day, they occasionally sold a game short. Besides PaTaank, a few other examples off the top of my head were Po'ed, BattleSport & Flying Nightmares. Sometimes great games come from meh demos.

Austin

Post by Austin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:18 am

PaTaank most certainly has a choppy framerate. Fortunately it's pretty consistent in its choppiness though, and doesn't get down to Killing Time levels. After you spend a little bit of time with it you will probably adjust and be able to aim pretty accurately.

As far as the game itself, I think it's pretty easy to pick it up and play once you've gotten past the unique/quirky setup. Basically all you do is turn left/right to aim, and press the boost button to propel your puck (as they call it). Boosting is limited though and you have to recharge it (otherwise the puck starts acting like a more traditional pinball, and it will probably drain). Use the magnet tiles near the drain on each table to sit tight or to charge your boost--one of the buttons on the controller is used to latch to these. I think what happens (at least on easy mode) is your boost recharges a certain amount when you latch to the magnet blocks, so what I do is bounce back and forth between the recharge tiles (they are close to each other) until my boost is charged.

Once you get those basics down, you hit the targets and stuff like on a real pinball table (although there's really not much to aim for in PaTaank, just a few things on each table). You can try to go for a big score on a single table, or you can play the big mode where you can keep bouncing from table to table seamlessly. I think the game is pretty fun once you have a good handle on what you are doing. :)

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:38 am

For my infant 3do collection I just got Slam-n Jam 95 for $3 in good condition. Its a fun game.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 am

Not bad chris. $3 bucks is nothing even for a poor game. I cant speak for Slam'n Jam though, never played it.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Slam 'n Jam is a ton of fun! It was one of my favorite games growing up w/3DO as a teen, and it's still one of my favorite 3DO games today.

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi all, I haven't bought anything for a while, I seem to have lost the 'bug' for 3DO collecting but I stumbled across these little beauties nice and cheap and couldn't resist, they're both new apparently.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Nice find. The arcade stick is awesome, but i havent opened my sealed capcom controller yet so i cant tell if its good or bad. I really should open it since i dont believe in sealed games and accessories..

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Trev wrote:For what is worth, the full retail release of PaTaank is much more polished than the rather sloppy demo version. I wasn't overly fond of the demo myself, yet PaTaank is one of my favorite 3DO games!
Good to hear. I probably won't go on a specific hunt for Pataank, but if I happen to see a good deal for it I'll be sure to snatch it up.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Just got a copy of Snow Job with discs and manual but no box for $25 shipped. Good deal?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:58 pm

I have no idea. Sorry.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:25 am

Martin III wrote:Just got a copy of Snow Job with discs and manual but no box for $25 shipped. Good deal?
Not bad. Snow Job is one of those that seems to fluctuate. $25 is decent w/the manual. The game isn't bad either.

Let me know when you start playing it ... I've played it a few times, and nobody ever seems to want to chat about it much for some reason. It's a good game though.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Belzerion, sealed, recently purchased, pretty rare here in Brazil.

I'm not a collector in the classic sense, just big fan of the 3DO. So I see no problem in opening a sealed game and play :D. That's why it was made anyway. Great game, cyberpunk atmosphere and an interesting story, even to me who do not understand a word in Japanese.

3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:00 am

Yeah, I think Belzerion is fairly easy to follow despite the language barrier. I've always thought of it as an 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' type story. I even managed to play it through to completion once.

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:41 am

Just picked up the PAL versions of BC Racers and Panzer General, both are very rare here in Europe. Panzer General seems ok, not my type of game though. As for BC Racers - terrible, just terrible.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Picked up this Japanese Demo version of Road Rash. I have never before seen the cover this one has.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:59 pm

bitrate wrote:Picked up this Japanese Demo version of Road Rash. I have never before seen the cover this one has.

Pic doesn't seem to be showing up for me ...

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:42 pm

That's odd. Anyone else not able to see the picture?

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:56 pm

bitrate wrote:That's odd. Anyone else not able to see the picture?
NO PROBLEMS...
here bitrate - I can see it. That artwork on the cover there would have looked great as final artwork imo. Much nicer than the grungy type art they finalised.

What does the Japanese version of RR's artwork actually look like though?

Austin

Post by Austin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Pic shows fine for me. Trev, fix your computer. :P