High hopes!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

High hopes!

Post by wulfren » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:09 am

It seems i "won" another bid on ebay, someone had a listing for a 3DO FZ-1 (which wasn't that impressive to me) but the key point of why i bought it is because the kit comes with the flight stick, and about 5 other controllers (it looked like 3 aftermarket and 2 goldstar ) ...so i have high hopes

But i also have some questions. Since I never owned a FZ 1 there's a few things i don't know about. First off in the add it stated that the cd tray needed help closing all the way some. Is this a real big issue? It really doesn't mater to me if the drive is totally dead, basically what i paid i was willing to pay for just the joystick, so the rest is icing on the cake if you will

Also how sensitive is joy stick as far as "today terms, mouse dpi rez" ...the reason i ask, is that I wonder if its compatable with American Laser Games, Games ...the thought being if you can move the cursor faster on the screen w/ the stick it might make it a bit easier (believe it or not i actually beat one of those games w/ a reg controller)

my last thoughts & questions are these, every since i've owned a 3DO i've wanted to play Flying Nightmares on the flight stick. Has anyone done this & if so does it make the game any easier?

Thank you for your time

Wulf
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:27 am

As far as the CD tray goes, you might just need to open the case and pop a few things back into place. UPS did not treat my FZ1 well when I bought it off eBay, and when it came, the CD tray wouldn't quite close and it wouldn't read any discs. I don't remember the exact details, but I opened my system and gave the CD assembly a bit of a push. I got a nice satisfying "pop" out of it, and ever since, it's been running perfectly.

As for the joystick, I think it's only compatible with games that were designed to work with it, for which we have a helpful sticky thread:

http://cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/forum/vi ... .php?t=144

I don't believe it would work with the gun games, but I don't know enough to say for sure.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:13 am

So, how much did you pay for the set up man, if you do not mind me asking. I miss my FZ-1 and still want to tear that little shits throat out! The little ass flipped me the bird the other day. Assclown, I tell you.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:27 am

Yeah, the flightstick pro only works with games made for it, and it doesn't work for American Laser Games is doesn't work with any of them. And it does make Flying Nightmares easier if you are used to sticks.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:03 pm

I'm sorry for not responding to this sooner, but I just today (about 1 hr ago) got my shipment in the mail

to answer the other questions the kit went like this

1 flight stick
3 Goldstar controllers
1 Game Pad 6 (thank goodness i can now play SFII)
1 Mad Catz 6 button
1 Goldstar 3DO system ( power cable & AV cables)

(games in long case w/ inst)

Way Of the Warrior
Rebel Assault
John Madden Football
Road Rash

then games i got just w/ the jewel case
Samurai Showdown
Gex
Slam & Jam
Myst
Super Street Fighter II

Basically what happened was that I found the listing on ebay had been up for a while w/o any bids so i sent the seller a message asking if he'd sell it straight out, he agreed 75.00 and well after a rather longish wait I now have it

Mobius I've played with the system for a bit now, and really it just seems like the cd tray motor is very very weak, Once I get a few more things settled down here I might crack it open & take a look, but heh well right now i'm playing with the flight stick

It makes sense that the stick only works w/ the games that was programed for, but hey didn't hurt to hope, thanks for the info on that

the only sad part, is that the one game that I truly wanted to just play days long with while using the stick I don't have still :( ( where are you Flying nightmares!)
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 pm

Having played with the flight stick for most of my free time since yesterday to today I can honestly say its one of the very best flight sticks i've ever seen, for any system ...and thats a strong statement coming from me considering I own the Steel Battalion Control system (which is my pride and joy) and a half a dozen or so PC flight sticks from Logitech to Saitek X45's and X52's ......Honestly this thing reminds me of the old old flight sticks for the PC like the F16 (which i think was made by CH products as well) that had the big plates of metal on it and "modeled after the real deal" ect...

anywho i'll stop rambling & play more

/cheers
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:53 pm

Damn. Blast. And Bother. I sold my stick about 5 years ago for £5. (About $10USD) and you are making me mad with jealousy. :evil:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:02 pm

Yeah it is by far the best flight stick for any home gaming console.

$10!? They go for about $60 here. Although that price is from when our dollar was worth more.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Yeah it is by far the best flight stick for any home gaming console.

$10!? They go for about $60 here. Although that price is from when our dollar was worth more.
Don't knock it. I love the dollar being right where it is. I can get all manner of stuff for massive discounts.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:36 pm

I just sent an email to CH Flight stick company, asking if they had dusty old stock room somewhere crammed to the roof in old CH Flight sticks for the 3DO. My delusions were short lived. About 10 minutes all told. "They don't". Although they offered to make a 'custom' one for me. But warned the price would prohibitive, I'm scared to ask 'how much' for the custom one as I know I would agree. (Dollar being what it is! ;) )

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:43 am

Oh man, if nothing else would you ask them for me???

I understand price can be painful, but depending on what they can build ect it might be worth it .

As for the flight stick as it is, its bout 99.2% perfect...the .8% being it would have been soo nice to have an actual throttle ( i know asking for rudders is pushing it)

Speaking of the flight sticks being sold ect there was a used stick on ebay last week and i know it went at least til the 3'rd or 4'th day without a single bid & the dude only had .99 reserve on it..(sadly tho he had like 18.00 for shipping)
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:43 pm

wulfren wrote:Oh man, if nothing else would you ask them for me???

I understand price can be painful, but depending on what they can build ect it might be worth it .

As for the flight stick as it is, its bout 99.2% perfect...the .8% being it would have been soo nice to have an actual throttle ( i know asking for rudders is pushing it)

Speaking of the flight sticks being sold ect there was a used stick on ebay last week and i know it went at least til the 3'rd or 4'th day without a single bid & the dude only had .99 reserve on it..(sadly tho he had like 18.00 for shipping)
I hate ebay. That's the end of that. Hate it hate it hate it.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:13 pm

I hate eBay. but not as much as I hate Paypal.

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:20 am

Oh I have a deep & seething hatred for Paypay & absolutely refuse to even think of considering of possibly using it. However I have been lucky in finding sellers that are pretty straight w/ me. I always make the effort to contact the seller & let them know, Yes I am wanting to buy this. Yes I can jump through the hoops to get the money order to them & in a timely manner. Tho this is not to say that I'll not have a horrific transaction in the future & jade me for life (lol knock on wood) but so far so good
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~